• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Ah man. I feel like a little kid of christmas eve. Got my camera charged and a friend set to meet me at my home course...just hope the weather cooperates.

Ah man. I feel like a little kid of christmas eve. Got my camera charged and a friend set to meet me at my home course...just hope the weather cooperates.

Haha that's awesome man. I'm excited too. I had suppressed my excitement, thinking that the Volt wouldn't be out until spring, but now I'm just straight up amped. Can't wait to see the video.

I've been waiting all year for this disc, and the fact that I can't buy it RIGHT NOW is driving me nuts.

Come on 25th! :D

MVP discs fly great, but they had a bad rep when I was playing in SF last year. "If they are so great why dont more of our locals toss em, its just an internet fad". Then I pulled out an axis and parked hole one in front of that dude.

I hope that the expansion of thier line up fits in my bag like the axis and vector.

This disc gives me a reason to live.

Last edited:
MVP discs fly great, but they had a bad rep when I was playing in SF last year. "If they are so great why dont more of our locals toss em, its just an internet fad". Then I pulled out an axis and parked hole one in front of that dude.

I hope that the expansion of thier line up fits in my bag like the axis and vector.

That's a bummer. I usually deal with curiosity, not judgement, when I pull out MVP in SF.

i get teased about my gimmick discs all the time. I have even got some "haters" to throw the MVP discs i have and they were impressed, but still get comments here and there. I even beat a way better player shooting a putter only round and still no resect for MVP. Their loss. I am seeing way more MVP lately around these parts!! its wierd i used to be one of the only people carrying them, but now its almost common place to be rocking at least an ion.

4EAD0D01-F930-4F44-9789-F80018EEF6E9-3557-000003CDCC22E90C.jpg

Off to GGGT to get some comparison photos!

Looks like the stamp says Fairway Driver, yes?
Yes, it's classified as a Fairway Driver. There was a little back and forth between Fairway/Distance, and initially the site used Distance, but shortly before the release announcement they had me update the site to reflect Fairway.

I like this choice because the Volt follows an incremental speed from the Mids, and this establishes a Fairway family of molds that can be distinguished from a Distance class. Notice how silly Discraft's driver classes are named... I'm perfectly happy to set the foundation at Fairway.

I know how you feel. I just dont see much MVP out here. People see me tossig an Ion off top of the world and always ask what was that disc.

MVP Volt - Photos, Videos and Impressions

Sorry for yet another volt thread but I wanted one full of factual information rather than pages of speculation to sift through.

http://i.imgur.com/2VZqf.jpg

Volts.

RLmoI.jpg

Microbead notch sorta thing.

FuZDI.jpg

2cm wing or speed 9 roughly.

hAn1Q.jpg

Volt vs SOLF 1.1

Regarding the flight of the disc, here are my thoughts after my first two backhand and forehand throws:

Throws were performed on wet grass, in cold weather, with 15-20 mph crosswinds, with no warm up, these being my first throws of the day and first ever with the Volt.

Long with high glide. Slight high speed turn with a reliable, forward penetrating fade. This disc really pushes forward through the fade more than most drivers. My very first backhand throws went in the 420-435' range. Forehand throws were about 375' which is solid D for my fh.

Longer Axis more than a longer vector. 15-20mph headwinds will cause highspeed turn, but it is still controllable given hyzer. So far I would not call it flippy. It reminds me of a broken in QOLF with a more forward penetrating fade, or longer eagle X for those unfamiliar with Millennium.

I filmed four backhand throws and four forehand throws, my very first throws with the disc in the unfavorable conditions I mentioned. I plan to go throw a front 10 round at my home course, Arboretum next, and film it. Stay tuned.

Last edited: