• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

October? Sounds awesome.

From the pic, it looks slow. Like, Whippet/Viper/Stalker slow. I'm guessing it flies like a beefy Stalker. I can't say I'm terribly excited.

From the pic, it looks slow. Like, Whippet/Viper/Stalker slow. I'm guessing it flies like a beefy Stalker. I can't say I'm terribly excited.

It's faster than those discs...At least the protos were. They were a little faster than a TB imo.

It's faster than those discs...At least the protos were. They were a little faster than a TB imo.

Yeah, after looking at some profile pics, I'd say Mike C's Orc comparison from the other thread is a pretty good starting point:

picture.php

It was discussed a long time ago, but those specs are pretty much wrong. Hopefully one of us will be able to illustrate this when we get ours, but if you put a ruler across the wing it will say 1.85cm instead of the 2.0 that the PDGA mysteriously measured somehow.

Ah, well then. Maybe this will be a little more helpful:

2Mf4H.jpg

The disc that is cut off is an Old Mold Beast. Pic was taken from Moose's profile page.

That doesn't look like an Orc to me...Looks like a SF. Maybe it's just the pic, but the nose looks awful thick/blunt for an Orc. Either way, the Volt has a blunter nose than the Orc, doesn't have a flat part at the end of the wing, and is a bit more concave in the center of the bevel. You can tell by that pic (SF or Orc, doesn't matter) that the real 2.0cm wing looks a bit longer/more stretched out than the Volts.

Moose will have to 'splain 'imself since it's his pics but here's his pic of some Starfires:

73460678.jpg

Yep...That one on the left is the original starfire mold, the dx is the familiar SF or starfire-x. Look at that dx Starfire compared to the supposed "Orc"...They look the same. The Orc has a sharper beak.
I don't know though, can't say either way with confidence.

Back in like '06-'07 a bunch of Orcs came out with what looked like nose spacers/blunt noses, and that is actually what that looks like. Alexsey Bubis had a bunch of these with his own stamp.

Last edited:
Yep...That one on the left is the original starfire mold, the dx is the familiar SF or starfire-x. Look at that dx Starfire compared to the supposed "Orc"...They look the same.

I don't think they look the same at all. :\

See my edit...Top looks different, but the nose looks the same. Starfire should have a blunter nose.

That Avatar is disturbing as well...Who wants a woman with thighs bigger around than her head?

The Volt is more fairwayish in its features than the Orc. The disc profile (especially the left half of the cutaway) is very representative of what the final Volt looks like: http://www.mvpdiscsports.com/models/volt

I'd describe the Volt's wing as a Speed 8 Eagle-X without the notch.
BTW this is based on production ones that arrived today for photos.

Last edited:
So what are the characteristics of the disc??? I think I'll pick up two. 168g & 175g... Came super late.. lol. I'm about done disc golfing here at the end of October until the end of march..

Latest posts