• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Hopefully it won't start snowing until after I have a chance to pick one up. My season is basically over :(

At least they have enough time to make another disc before next season starts now.

My season is almost over here also, but I'm sure I'll still have some nice days to throw it on. Highs in the mid 50s all week and mid 60 on the weekend. I should be fine for one more week. But mother nature is a bipolar bitch here in MN.

Hopefully it won't start snowing until after I have a chance to pick one up. My season is basically over :(

At least they have enough time to make another disc before next season starts now.

Just don't buy a stormtrooper. :D

My season is almost over here also, but I'm sure I'll still have some nice days to throw it on. Highs in the mid 50s all week and mid 60 on the weekend. I should be fine for one more week. But mother nature is a bipolar bitch here in MN.

lol yup, its not so bad here in wisconsin but its damn windy! I'd play in 40 degree no win all day, but 50-60 degree and 20 mph winds, no thanks

cant wait for the Volt, pre-ordering now :D

Or, buy one in your local store, days before 'they' ship one to you.

If you are implying to support small businesses, then i guess you haven't ordered from communitydiscs yet. I might not live anywhere close to Justin, but I'll gladly give my money to personal service, great attitude, and consistency. As far as i know he is a one man crew, don't know how he does it but he takes care of everything in no time with the best customer sevic I've experienced in some time. oh and did i mention his prices are lower then anyone else?(shipped even) I don't know what your point was but mine is that with communitydiscs you're supporting the ''little guy'' in business all the while dealing with one of the best out there. -besides disc nation will do just find without my ''local'' business.

If you are implying to support small businesses, then i guess you haven't ordered from communitydiscs yet. I might not live anywhere close to Justin, but I'll gladly give my money to personal service, great attitude, and consistency. As far as i know he is a one man crew, don't know how he does it but he takes care of everything in no time with the best customer sevic I've experienced in some time. oh and did i mention his prices are lower then anyone else?(shipped even) I don't know what your point was but mine is that with communitydiscs you're supporting the ''little guy'' in business all the while dealing with one of the best out there. -besides disc nation will do just find without my ''local'' business.

+1
Communitydiscs.com is the best in prices and service. He is on the east coast I am on the west. He shipped first thing Monday, I received it on Wednesday, $1 shipping flat rate. Plus lowest price on the discs. Plus he kept me updated on when he was getting his shipment so I knew when to look for the discs on his site. Plus he answered all my dumb questions.

Can't beat that.

I'll third the recommendation on Justin and CommunityDiscs.com. All I really "expect" from online ordering (no local shops) is good prices and reasonable processes (fast shipping, a good ordering process). Justin has gone way, WAY above and beyond that time after time, in too many ways to list.

I haven't ordered from anyone but Justin except when it's impossible to order from him (the TeeBird Totem Stamp being the only time) ever since my first order with him.

Marshall Street is a distant second, and I *really like* MST, so that's saying something about CD.com.

P.S. I live close enough that I've occasionally gotten discs in ONE day, almost always two.

I hoped the Volt would have came out before my move from TN to AK....NOPE. Temps have been in the 30's and snow is coming this week...and not leave til May. Guess I will have to buy a volt, hang it on the wall, and read about how well it does from your guys post until Spring arrives :/

season over? what?!?!?!? we golf all winter, all weather. bundle up and bust out the bright colored discs

i'm going to wait for steve a to buy one... i'll throw his

season over? what?!?!?!? we golf all winter, all weather. bundle up and bust out the bright colored discs

Steve A has enough 1.1 solfs to not need a volt. The volt will probably be to heavy anyways knowing MVP.

+1
Communitydiscs.com is the best in prices and service. He is on the east coast I am on the west. He shipped first thing Monday, I received it on Wednesday, $1 shipping flat rate. Plus lowest price on the discs. Plus he kept me updated on when he was getting his shipment so I knew when to look for the discs on his site. Plus he answered all my dumb questions.

Can't beat that.

:hfive: haha it's good to know I'm not the only one with dumb questions.

I'll third the recommendation on Justin and CommunityDiscs.com. All I really "expect" from online ordering (no local shops) is good prices and reasonable processes (fast shipping, a good ordering process). Justin has gone way, WAY above and beyond that time after time, in too many ways to list.

I haven't ordered from anyone but Justin except when it's impossible to order from him (the TeeBird Totem Stamp being the only time) ever since my first order with him.

Marshall Street is a distant second, and I *really like* MST, so that's saying something about CD.com.

P.S. I live close enough that I've occasionally gotten discs in ONE day, almost always two.

:clap:

Another plug for Justin at CommunityDiscs. Best prices and service anywhere. Hands down the best disc retailer out there.

I throw 163-166 solfs and mvp discs have been heavier than expected in the past.

Yea, MVP would certainly benefit if they could mold lighter discs.

From what I've read about the Neutron mids, they are faster than their Proton counterparts. If the Volt ends up being a fast disc, with good glide, the couple grams difference may not matter much for those of us who like lighter drivers.

For someone like you who throws 166 SOLFs, it'll be worth giving a light Volt a try.

I don't think you read his post right, he's in Alaska. Winter there means 24 hours of dark and sub zero temperatures. You don't just bundle up and man up.

They will be released down to 168g, maybe lower if possible.

Sounds good to me! Just low enough for my liking, I hope they have a lot of 168-170's to go around!

Has anyone heard when our testers will be getting their test volts?

Yea, MVP would certainly benefit if they could mold lighter discs.

From what I've read about the Neutron mids, they are faster than their Proton counterparts. If the Volt ends up being a fast disc, with good glide, the couple grams difference may not matter much for those of us who like lighter drivers.

For someone like you who throws 166 SOLFs, it'll be worth giving a light Volt a try.

Not really looking to replace my solfs right now so I will probably not try the volt at this time. I have a lot of time and practice in with my solfs.

I am not sure how the testers know that the neutron plastic is faster than proton. It seemed to me like they were guessing in the reviews i read. Definitely good for mvp if people are wanting to go out and buy all the same discs over again because the new version is slightly better or faster.