• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

just watched in full screen where you can see the turn.

You get that much turn and fade back on an Axis? I don't remember seeing any axis fly like that in your videos. Those Volts looked like they were turning a whole lot.

I have better control in the video that's coming up. Those were the first throws in a wide open gusty field. My very first flat axis throw anhyzered out and didn't come back.

They will be the perfect bridge between my OLFs and Roadrunner. I thought they'd compete with OLFs more but this will be a useful mold for me.

ZAMson said:
We're gonna be seeing reviews from (hopefully) many people who are not testers soon :)
See the DN FB page for details

This Sunday we'll have 10 Volts available for the public to test on the Disc Nation Driving Range.

5 Volts will be given away at the end.

Several will remain in the store for players to try out, leading up to the release date.

Thanks MVP!!

Looks like it has a healthy turn. But, I certainly don't have Mike's arm, and that was in wind. It should handle perfectly straight for an arm like mine. Thanks for the vid Mike!

You're seemed to fly almost nothing like mine. Not nearly as much turn. Starting to think that this cold weather is the problem. Didn't bring any other drivers to verify. I'll get back out tomorrow and give it another whirl.

Looks like it flukes like a broken in PD with more glide? I'm stoked I tend to lose my pd's before they get to the sweet spot.

They look like exactly what i wanted. MVP is getting me excited about the sport and i LOVE IT!

Volt will replace my Eagles from the looks of it.. and then i will have a 80% MVP bag for tournaments.

This is good. For me and the sport :)

Mike C empty your PMs and send me a PM!

Sorry try now.

If you beat all the fade out of an olf / pd its around that in calm conditions I'd assume. Not my first choice for a hyzer in a 20mph headwind but it has tons of glide and should prove rather versatile.

Like a broken in S-PD sounds so sweet to me. Maybe the heavier Volt would work well for me in strong headwind, if not then I guess I might keep beefier PD for that case. Thanks to Mike and others for their efforts to get info out!

Iacas, we do our best to honor release dates. Just good business relationship practice on our end

At the same time we want to bring you discs first. MVP was very kind to agree to this demo. It's going to be fun, and the Volt giveaway is just icing on the cake for what is planned.

That's cool that Disc Nation is hosting a Volt test. I really hope this disc lives upto expectations. I'm sure it will but imagine if people hated it. That would be quite a backfire saleswise. I had the same concern about the Obex but that certainly lived upto expectations. MVP and Vibram are really THE premium manufacturers these days.

Thanks for another informational post Mike. You're a good MVP tester/rep/whatever.

I have to admit I'm a little confused though. Mike is reporting a longer Axis-like flight. Sam says it's flippy. Zam says it's overstable. It looks like the PLH is lower than basically every other mold it was compared to so I'll be interested to get my hands on one.

I only see MVP discs on the weekend when out-of-towners come to play my home course. A lot of Innova lovers, though I did convert one hater. I know a bunch of people who would try them if someone sold them in the area.

When I throw my Ion and someone asks what disc was that I like to say "a putter," usually they will get a confused look on their face.

I've seen a couple of people with Ions, but fewer MVP mids. People are more inquisitive than anything, but I've had people call them a fad or say that they aren't sticky enough to catch the chains when I chain out (due to user error of course). I've heard some weird pronunciations of Anode too which I'm sure doesn't help.

They are definitely impressed with the flight of the Anode though--people always ask me what that disc was and when I tell them putter they seem confused too. One of the perks of throwing MVP putters I guess.

Thanks for another informational post Mike. You're a good MVP tester/rep/whatever.

I have to admit I'm a little confused though. Mike is reporting a longer Axis-like flight. Sam says it's flippy. Zam says it's overstable. It looks like the PLH is lower than basically every other mold it was compared to so I'll be interested to get my hands on one.

I'm leaning towards the cold temps making them flippy. Up at hidden lake today throwing them more with a couple friends. Warmer and less windy today, so I'm hoping to see the same results as Mike today.

well mike and sam are beasts!! so i cannot expect to throw these like they do. Zam seems to be more of my power level so that could be more where this disc fits in for me. I cannot wait to hear what 350 power dies to these discs. It does seem that the volt is a home run and it isn't even out yet way to go MVP!!!!!!