• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

That ace run hole was in the short position so only 380' or so. I've bounced off that same basket with an Axis on a higher, straighter line.

Me and a friend who throws more 300-320ish are gonna go play a round with my Volts and I might film him if he's down to give lower power players a better frame of reference. Warmer today but still windy as balls.

This would be helpful for us noodle arms.

Is it just me, or do you guys think your light pink Volt is the least stable of the bunch?

Warmer but super windy here today again. Noticed something, my max weights were flipping way more than my lightest one (169 scaled). Checked the some on them and my light one hadith more dome. Playing 3rd course today and will be throwing them a lot again. Got some lower powered friend meeting me tomorrow to throw them.

My lightest one seems most stable as well, but not by a ton. It wants to fade earlier, but at the same time I had my longest throw of the session with the blue one.

Looks like it's similar to an old mold beast?

Or does it have less fade than that?

Gotta say, the flight of the Volt is not what I was expecting. It's actually what I was hoping it would be, so this makes me a happy camper. From what it sounds like, a max weight and a 168ish will compliment each other well... Looking forward to spending some more goddamn money on discs.

May as well post my pre-review here as well:
I finally got my Volts about an hour ago and I just got back from the field. I was just throwing shots close to full power and then aiming at random trees at random distances, so I only got a general feel for the disc. After I take it to a course or two I'll be able to compare it better to other discs.

The Volt has a lot of uniqueness to it's flight. Normally if I throw 4 of the same driver one after another I can start to see similarities to other discs, but I'm still not confident directly comparing the Volt to any other disc after a few dozen throws. Here are the things I can say for sure so far:

1. It's long...longer than I remember the protos being and longer than I expected.
2. It's a line shaping disc with kind of an old school Cyclone/EX type of pronounced turn and fade, ending fairly straight/slightly left on a flat shot. Thrown with more hyzer and it flips up but not over and fades strong but forward. The turn is slower than it should be for a disc so fast. It is by far the most turning/fading disc MVP has made.
3. Despite the movement in the flight the disc has a ridiculous amount of forward penetration...It was proving very forgiving when I was missing my line as it was getting good distance regardless of line as long as I kept it in the air.

The feel is great to me. It's a little shallow, but the profile fits it my so well and the plastic is grippy enough that I don't really notice it. I had no misfires today that I would attribute to myself getting adjusted to the grip. It is very smooth on the top and wing where the overmold meets the core. There is some noticeable flash on the wing a few mm's from the rim, though I don't feel it in the hand. I'm definitely going to be taking it off at least one of my Volts before I go out again to see if it affects stability.

I'm trying my best to be objective, but I'm really excited about this disc and I can't wait to take it to the course tomorrow for a full workout.

The blue one I have is more domey than the rest of them, and seeing how we know that when the miss have a big dome they are more stable, I'm gonna say its probably the same case.

Solid assumption UPS. That's a good thing though, I can flatten discs easily...make them lighter...not so much.

I really want this thing to have a bit of turn.

Maybe the heavy ones have a heavier core and are less gyroscopic.

They all have the same core, so the heavier ones should be slightly more gyroscopic. However, 5 grams spread over the entire rim is not even close to making a noticeable difference.

Am I the only one thinking that the Volt looks and sounds a lot like a TL (sans the overmold, obviously)?

Yeah, I was thinking it had kind of a beefy TL, JLS, Gazelle looking kind of flight to it. It looks interesting.

How does it hold an anny line? It looks like it would hold a nice long anny for slightly right tracking holes.

Edit: That Squarepusher was a good choice. :thmbup:

They all have the same core, so the heavier ones should be slightly more gyroscopic. However, 5 grams spread over the entire rim is not even close to making a noticeable difference.

Don't they all have the same outer rim too? So why do they weigh different? ;)

Yeah, I was thinking it had kind of a beefy TL, JLS, Gazelle looking kind of flight to it. It looks interesting.

How does it hold an anny line? It looks like it would hold a nice long anny for slightly right tracking holes.

Edit: That Squarepusher was a good choice. :thmbup:

It does a good right turning shot. Thrown with 350-375' of power and the tiniest bit of anny it will glide pretty straight then hold a right turn to the ground, but not such a hard turn that it wants to roll. It's very controllable for this line and is a shot I see myself using this disc for frequently. Hole 7 at Arboretum will be a perfect shot for the Volt.

Also watching my lower powered friend toss some Volts, it had a longer teebird look to it. Thought it would fly a bit more neutral but I think he throws a tad nose up.

Also watching my lower powered friend toss some Volts, it had a longer teebird look to it. Thought it would fly a bit more neutral but I think he throws a tad nose up.

So no turn to it, then? I was expecting it to be a bit more Eagleish.

Really anxious to hear how it flys for 300-350ft of power

**edit
Guess I should refresh before posting

Last edited: