• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I've thrown a few, Thug. When get get them to stand up, like a roller should, they go for a LOOOOONG time. Gonna be doing a lot of rollers in a field with them tomorrow.

Sounds awesome, how close to vertical do you have to lay them down? Say if your really cranking it.

Anybody thrown a roller with it yet?

I threw a few backhand rollers warming up today and it bombs, I need to find a good hole for one. As far as standing it up it's similar to stable discs like TL's, stalkers etc, I find between 10:30-11 o clock makes for a 400' or so controlled roller, rip it harder and stand it up a bit less for a longer one. Gyro effects rollers too, it's neat to watch.

I did a fh roller drive in this vid, and you can see the teebird sort of flight I mentioned when my friend throws the Volt.

Last edited:
Just got back from the field with my low-300s arm and a box of 10 Volts.

First half of flight, QJ. I can flip it up a little or it'll just hold a hard flat line.

2nd half of flight, SOLF. It was a gentle fade from flat, or a fade/skip if it slowed down from hyzer.

Granted I was throwing 3-5g heavier than I'd wanna bag for my main one. I had some 171-172g and I think 168g would be more my jam. Cool utility FH for me too. ZJ commented that it'd be a great driver for technical courses... lots of line-shaping abilities. I'll let him talk about his read on it.

I agree it's nice for technical shots. I have a course in mind for the next test vid that has tunnel shots, gentle right turning shots and some other good lines for showing off what it can do.

First, I've tried to not read much of this thread so that my reviews stay my own. I won't really touch on the "hyped" MVP characteristics like glide and gyro because people already are expecting such from MVP. It's all there like you get from their other molds.

Shape(feel in hand):
-Somewhere between a QJLS, OLS, and OLF. The top feels like a SJLS to me. The Volt bottom, mainly how concave, is inbetween the OLS and OLF. Very comfortable fit in the hand. I think the rim height/depth is perfect for what this disc is intended to be. Some might find it shallow compared to a PD or OLF but if it was deeper it would probably exhibit more HSS. From what I've heard from ZAM the goal was stable control, this shape achieves that.

Speed/distance
-It's faster than the FD/TL but shorter than the PD/LF(barely). It's a tweeners tweener. 8.5 maybe 9 on the 1-13 speed scale. Most throws we're 400-425. I did touch 440 and 460(on the 600ft measured DN field). Honestly it powers down probably better than any straight stable disc I've tossed. I could range it on all types of throws from 300-425+.

Stability/Flight/Control:
-To me the stabilty fits right inbetween a OLF and OLS. At low speeds, and with nose up it holds a flat hyzer. At high speeds with a slight hyzer it locks in flat until about 350 where it would track right for the next 50-75 ft. This is the classic flight of a beat up OLF. It's just not quite as long as my good OLFs, hence why I said a "tweeners tweener" earlier. It powers down like an FD, but booms like an OLF/OLS. Holds a flip, anny or turnover out of the box. Rolls like a brand new QOLS, it just goes straight and keeps going. Had one get short of 400ft

I threw rollers, flips, hyzer, turnovers, nose up flex shots and a few 360s. This disc responded with the expected flight. It's rare I pick up a new driver to test at Disc Nation and it can hold everything I "throw" at it. It's a really good driver that just about any player can put in the bag and figure out how to use it. It's one the few drivers I could pick up off the shelf and not lose a beat(up till now only the eagle and OLF did that for me).

Sounds real similar to my experiences with it except mine seem to push out just past my olfs. It would be fun watching you rip some if you ever get a chance to film.

And keep in mind, I've bee throwing OLFs for a good 3 years now. I learned how to throw "far" on that disc.

We ran out of daylight but I was getting longer throws as I got dialed into the Volt

Sounds real similar to my experiences with it except mine seem to push out just past my olfs. It would be fun watching you rip some if you ever get a chance to film.
sunday Sunday SUNDAY!!

I hope to get flights and feedback video from a wide range of throwers. :hfive:

Gonna try to make it out there with you guys. Sounds like it will be a blast.

Do what I can, Zach. I may be the hold out. Have a must be finished by Monday or die type deal.:doh: If I can get it done in time, I'm there.

Sounds and looks like not only a great disc but also a fun disc to throw.

Damn how do I become a MVP tester :D