• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Got mine in the mail today. I plan to take them out sometime tomorrow and give them a few hucks.

@ Rogue9: I'll let you know how they fly in the 300' - 350' range, because that's right where my backhand distance sits.

I am nervous how they will fly for me FH though, I haven't had any luck flicking MVP mid-ranges, where as I FH Buzzes out to 280' on most days. Makes me happy to hear they are being compared to Eagles though. My primary control driver is an Eagle-L. I am hoping they are a somewhere in between an Eagle-X and an Eagle-L in stability and a bit longer.

Got mine in the mail today. I plan to take them out sometime tomorrow and give them a few hucks.

@ Rogue9: I'll let you know how they fly in the 300' - 350' range, because that's right where my backhand distance sits.

I am nervous how they will fly for me FH though, I haven't had any luck flicking MVP mid-ranges, where as I FH Buzzes out to 280' on most days. Makes me happy to hear they are being compared to Eagles though. My primary control driver is an Eagle-L. I am hoping they are a somewhere in between an Eagle-X and an Eagle-L in stability and a bit longer.

I can't put any kind of power into my MVP mids without OAT, but I'm happy to report that A) the Volt is easier for me to throw without OAT and B) the Volt can actually take some OAT and survive unlike the mids. This is part of what I meant when I said the Volt is actually easier to throw than the mids.

I've thrown the Volt enough to give it some ratings.
9/6/-1.5/2 and for Joe's I'd give it a rng of 5 and a pwr of 4 (though I would really say 3.5).

Confirmed yesterday that the Volt is definitely not a wind disc and needs a more stable compliment. It does fine in the wind on powered down shots, but just glides too much at high speed to be reliable. It's stability was never what failed me in the wind, but it was getting lifted and dropped in gusts due to the glide.

Last edited:
crap sounds a lot like my saints

I'd rate the Saint a 8/5/-1/1.5...Similar in a general way, but not very similar when you are throwing the discs side by side. The Volt is easier to execute turning shots that pull out at the end and it actually glides more.

I'd rate the Saint a 8/5/-1/1.5...Similar in a general way, but not very similar when you are throwing the discs side by side. The Volt is easier to execute turning shots that pull out at the end and it actually glides more.
stop please!! it still is making my saints rattle in their boots!! I hope they can co exist. MOre glide?????? c/mon really? :doh: Can you change the fade to a 3? that would make me feel a little better ;)

c'mon 10/25 us regular peeps want to throw these already!!

Last edited:
There should be a few reviews coming from the guys who won them at DN today

And MikeC has no retailer connection as far as I know

Yeah, not to be snooty or snooki or whatever, but I'd like to read some reviews from people who aren't trying to sell the disc :D Not that it matters too much since I am positive the dudes reviewing the disc also play way more than most people.

Latest posts