• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Just watched the video, and I am no good at judging distance. About how far was your friend throwing, Mike?

290-315 on the longer holes is about what I think. The last hole where he clips the tree a bit is 325' for example. I'm going to see who else I can get to throw these this weekend.

well all i have to say is it seems like you guys are having some fun with the volt. You are also testing the crap out of this disc and the videos and feedback is awesome!!! This throw off at dn sounds amazing and i wish i was closer. MVP seems to have a good thing going with the testers and previews of these discs. Way to go everyone involved!!!!!

But over everything else damn yous guys!!! my wallet hates you all!!!! ;)

great i have to buy another disc! this looks like it could be one of my main bh distance driver. ive been using a pro wraith but its a it much for me at 290-340ft. im just worried if a can pop it flat from a hyzer.

Gianetics, at that d it would probably fly a straight and controllable line with a flatter release.

Mrglass, these have been a blast to test. Ever since I switched to MVP putters I've been curious to try an overmolded driver. I plan to throw ten holes st a technical wooded course and do a video of nothing but max D drives for my next Volt videos. Every day I throw it I get more used to it, it's been fun seeing what it can do.

I just tested the hell out of my Volts at a local course with a buddy of mine. It is a fairly short course with a multitude of straightish shots 300'-390'.

This disc is unbelievably awesome. My friend is now wondering how to get one in his bag before his next tournament (I told him I'd sell him my seed before he got one of my Volts away from me)...Everything we tried with the disc worked. It's the most controllable and versatile driver I've ever thrown. Hyzers, straight shots, all sorts of S turns, and annies are all easy at variable distances with the Volt. Wind was gusting to 10mph or so, but it only really affected the Volt on shots over 350'. It has the range of like a Valk, but yet can be powered down VERY easily to fly at fairway distances. I was throwing it very well FH too...Another interesting note is that the overmold really kills any skip...I had some 300' or so shots where I was coming in hot but still stuck near the basket. It's not nose angle sensitive either. I let quite a few other people throw it at the course today and it was universally acclaimed.

This disc is going to take over my shot selection perhaps like no other single disc I've ever added. This may be ambitious, but currently my driver selection is going like this: Volt, Villain, Mamba, Sword. The Volt does everything you could want between mids and true D drivers (as long as you have something more HSS for wind).

Feel free to post this and make fun of me later if I'm wrong, but I think the Volt is going to be a real break out disc for MVP and shatter all expectations. I've never had a disc anything like this and I don't remember the last time I was this excited about throwing.

No PDs? I thought you said it wouldn't compete with them?

Well...that was before I took the Volt to the course. I was wrong. The Volt does everything I do with PDs as well or better, with the exception being a really overstable PD...I replaced my most overstable PDs with the Villain a while ago, so I need no PDs.

I'm not exactly selling any of my PDs yet, but from what I saw today it may well be happening soon. I need a little more time with the Volt yet.

It challenges PD's? Good...I am starting to look at my PD's sideways now anyway. Probably me, but they aren't doing what I want so much now.

I don't see it totally knocking my OLF's out of the bag but it's surprising all the lines the Volt can hit. Granted there was wind in my videos but in the last one I posted I threw some deadly accurate hyzers 375-390', s curves, and turnovers that never came back. I really, really like this for a forehand driver too.

For someone that can put OLFs/PD's/Avengers out to 400' this disc is going to pack some serious versatility.

For someone that can put OLFs/PD's/Avengers out to 400' this disc is going to pack some serious versatility.

From what I've seen it's just as versatile for someone who only throws 350'.

I could end up keeping one overstable PD in the bag, but so far the GL Villain I've been testing is pretty much a faster overstable PD, but not enough faster to change it's general range. Other than that the Volt seems so easy to shape lines with that I'm pretty sure I could imitate most my PD lines with it. The only question is whether the Volt will be as stable when I need it to be when thrown with hyzer, especially into/across winds on shorter shots where the Villain is too fast.

I really think that the Volt is easier to throw than either of MVP's midranges because it is more forgiving with it's turn and fade action and seems to fly better with less spin than the Axis/Vector. Even the heavy ones do not ever seem to just drop out of the air when they slow down.

I just tested the hell out of my Volts at a local course with a buddy of mine. It is a fairly short course with a multitude of straightish shots 300'-390'.

This disc is unbelievably awesome. My friend is now wondering how to get one in his bag before his next tournament (I told him I'd sell him my seed before he got one of my Volts away from me)...Everything we tried with the disc worked. It's the most controllable and versatile driver I've ever thrown. Hyzers, straight shots, all sorts of S turns, and annies are all easy at variable distances with the Volt. Wind was gusting to 10mph or so, but it only really affected the Volt on shots over 350'. It has the range of like a Valk, but yet can be powered down VERY easily to fly at fairway distances. I was throwing it very well FH too...Another interesting note is that the overmold really kills any skip...I had some 300' or so shots where I was coming in hot but still stuck near the basket. It's not nose angle sensitive either. I let quite a few other people throw it at the course today and it was universally acclaimed.

This disc is going to take over my shot selection perhaps like no other single disc I've ever added. This may be ambitious, but currently my driver selection is going like this: Volt, Villain, Mamba, Sword. The Volt does everything you could want between mids and true D drivers (as long as you have something more HSS for wind).

Feel free to post this and make fun of me later if I'm wrong, but I think the Volt is going to be a real break out disc for MVP and shatter all expectations. I've never had a disc anything like this and I don't remember the last time I was this excited about throwing.
I remember when you were this excited. It was when the fuse, i mean ion, i mean vector, i mean axis, i mean quasar came out...

;)

I remember when you were this excited. It was when the fuse, i mean ion, i mean vector, i mean axis, i mean quasar came out...

;)

The Ion is the only other one there that compares...That was the last time I was surprised by something totally different. I was honestly expecting a different disc based on the protos. They were nice, but were quite overstable comparatively so that I couldn't really see the action and glide as well when I was throwing them. That would be a good disc in it's own right, but nothing as fun and versatile as the Volt has ended up being.

From what I've seen it's just as versatile for someone who only throws 350'.

I could end up keeping one overstable PD in the bag, but so far the GL Villain I've been testing is pretty much a faster overstable PD, but not enough faster to change it's general range. Other than that the Volt seems so easy to shape lines with that I'm pretty sure I could imitate most my PD lines with it. The only question is whether the Volt will be as stable when I need it to be when thrown with hyzer, especially into/across winds on shorter shots where the Villain is too fast.

I really think that the Volt is easier to throw than either of MVP's midranges because it is more forgiving with it's turn and fade action and seems to fly better with less spin than the Axis/Vector. Even the heavy ones do not ever seem to just drop out of the air when they slow down.

That makes me so happy. I'm trying hard to break the 350' barrier but having a lot of issues.

It is commentary like this that is going to make me go broke, dammit.