• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

So I placed my order about 10 minutes ago at DGC because I see they are in stock now. 33 Volts in stock when I added my stormtrooper volt to my cart, 10 minutes later after checkout they only have 27 left, better get your volts before they're gone!

Seriously! A friend and I were checking all day yesterday and they just flew off the digital shelves!! There had to be about a hundred I DGC's stock when the disc first went live.

And from what I was seeing, the lighter ones have been the first to go. That should speak VOLUMES to MVP. I just hope they are listening.

I should have held out for a light one, but I think I should still be able to rip the 175 I got here on the Marketplace (crosses fingers)

I wonder how light MVP can realistically go, and if the overmold effects that? Discraft and Innova seem to get their fairways pretty light, but of course with some consistency issues that MVP tries to avoid liek the plague. Still, I'd like to see the Volt down in the high 150s.

How light did they go with this run? I picked up a 173 stormtrooper which is light enough for me for a FWD but I wouldn't have minded a 169.

From Disc Nation's website:

These discs are very similar to the Volt;

Eagle (Speed 7), Orion LF, Orc (Speed 10)

Just sayin'
I wanted to show a range of similarities because it's such a versatile and responsive disc. For lower power it can fly like a 7 while higher power can throw it like a 10. It can fly similar to a 7, but so can the FX at 9. Calling it 7 flat just doesn't represent the disc, imo. Saying it's similar to those three 7, 9, & 10 indicates more of its unique characteristics.

I wanted to show a range of similarities because it's such a versatile and responsive disc. For lower power it can fly like a 7 while higher power can throw it like a 10. It can fly similar to a 7, but so can the FX at 9. Calling it 7 flat just doesn't represent the disc, imo. Saying it's similar to those three 7, 9, & 10 indicates more of its unique characteristics.

Nice defense. Although those who visit your site won't always have the luxury of seeing this post. So, seeing one disc compared to a speed 7, AND a speed 10 can be confusing.

Nice defense. Although those who visit your site won't always have the luxury of seeing this post. So, seeing one disc compared to a speed 7, AND a speed 10 can be confusing.

I think this just furthers the argument that we don't need to robotically follow the number system as designed by Innova. Disc Nation has plenty of other ways for you to figure out how the disc flies - whether by clicking on the large photo of the disc to reveal the "longer and more stable" etc. discs, or by listing the distances and stabilities for each experience level. I think they provide more than enough information for consumers to make informed decisions.

I think this just furthers the argument that we don't need to robotically follow the number system as designed by Innova. Disc Nation has plenty of other ways for you to figure out how the disc flies - whether by clicking on the large photo of the disc to reveal the "longer and more stable" etc. discs, or by listing the distances and stabilities for each experience level. I think they provide more than enough information for consumers to make informed decisions.

+1. Flight ratings are subjective and will vary from manufacturer to retailer to tester to individual players.

Agreed. DN actually knows how they will fly. They actually throw the discs.

I just wish DN would throw them to my house instead of mailing them. Seems mine are still stuck in Austin PO.:mad: Per usual, DN gets the job done in stellar fashion and the post office screws the pooch. What say, Zach.....can you make a 75 mile throw and with pinpoint accuracy? ;) :D

Yeah, I'm bummed. The lightest Stormtrooper I saw was 172g. If I saw anything lighter I would have jumped on it.