• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

MVP always brings out the light stuff well after the first run. I doubt we will see 150's any time soon, but mid 160's may happen. Just have to be patient.

:wall:

What say, Zach.....can you make a 75 mile throw and with pinpoint accuracy? ;) :D
Zach J. - yes
Zach K. - no

Bultx -- USPS picks up mid-afternoon, processes evening/over night and they should leave town after that processing, whatever they do and whenever they end it. They're good people to work with (our drivers are *especially* fond of DGers with all the favors they do you/us.. maybe it's the undeniably precious shop dog) and all, but I get the feeling UPS processes a little faster and works a little snappier. Our UPS drivers are freakin stellar as well... had the same guy (even the same substitute!) for at least 2.5 years.

I keep forgetting there are two Zach's. :p

UPS is worse actually. 3 days on avg and higher cost. Their rural delivery leaves much to be desired as well....though my new guy is doing tons better. May be hope on that front.

When I first started ordering discs from y'all, it was a day and a half to my door for the most part. There were odd two or three day deals due to weather or holidays, etc. But since the PO started complaining about money at the first of this year, most things doubled or tripled in time across the board. Its extremely frustrating that I can mail a package to Oregon and have it beat one going to Austin.:wall: Happens way too many times to be a fluke. Oh well...nothing to be done about it but either wait or drive to Austin...which we did last Saturday. You guys at DN have always treated me extremely well. The post office, not so much.

I think this just furthers the argument that we don't need to robotically follow the number system as designed by Innova. Disc Nation has plenty of other ways for you to figure out how the disc flies - whether by clicking on the large photo of the disc to reveal the "longer and more stable" etc. discs, or by listing the distances and stabilities for each experience level. I think they provide more than enough information for consumers to make informed decisions.
+1. One of the first things I learned when joining this site was that flight ratings are somewhat arbitrary. Discs fly different for different players depending on power etc.

Yes, the speed 56 Vibram Ascent laughs at your puny warp speed drivers, lol.

I recognize that the above is typed with sarcasm and it even made me chuckle (not quite out loud), but I figured I'd make sure everyone is clear that the Vibram Disc Golf speed numbers are the ideal launch speed of the discs.

Speed, at least in our rating system, is a relative number so that you can compare which Vibram discs will work for your arm speed.

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/flight-ratings.html

Oh sure, everyone defend Zam. :D

Hopefully my speed 7-10 Volts come in the mail tomorrow. :thmbup:

I love living less than 6 hours away. I ordered my Volts about 2 yesterday, and will get them around 2 tomorrow. I'm immediately going to throw one of them into a brick wall a few times to change it's flight a little, then throw them both and give you guys some sort of feedback for a 300-350 thrower.

I love living less than 6 hours away. I ordered my Volts about 2 yesterday, and will get them around 2 tomorrow. I'm immediately going to throw one of them into a brick wall a few times to change it's flight a little, then throw them both and give you guys some sort of feedback for a 300-350 thrower.

Now you're speaking my language!

I've never had a black driver before.

I'm not afraid of losing it...I'm afraid of my wife if she saw me buy another disc. :eek:

Oh sure, everyone defend Zam. :D

Hopefully my speed 7-10 Volts come in the mail tomorrow. :thmbup:
My koolaid is tasty :)

No matter what power level you have, just try it on full and powered-down lines and see if you, as a single thrower, can recognize similarities to all of those. I'd say it's a control driver with awesome distance line and power-down capabilities.

No matter what power level you have, just try it on full and powered-down lines and see if you, as a single thrower, can recognize similarities to all of those. I'd say it's a control driver with awesome distance line and power-down capabilities.
Zam, exactly how tasty is the Volt Kool-Aid? How does it compare to avengers? Those are my go to driver.

Once I get my Volts, I'm gonna go to the field and test them out against six discs:

Champ Valk, Champ Beast, DX Beast, X Avenger, Ti Stalker and DX Teebird.

I have a feeling the Volt will rule them all.

Zam, exactly how tasty is the Volt Kool-Aid? How does it compare to avengers? Those are my go to driver.

What plastic are you throwing? The X is the only one that glides anywhere close to a Volt. As far as Z/ESP Avengers go, the Volt flies a lot better across speeds. Those premium Avengers are much more power hungry for them to work properly. You won't be able to punch a Volt flat into a headwind like you can with a stable Avenger, but besides that I'd say it's going to do just about everything else better...unless you are an X Avenger man. In that case the Volt is similar to a new or slightly worn X Avenger in general stability, but I still think the Volt is a little more under control on it's lines than the X Avenger.

Has anyone done a flight comparison from lighter to heavier discs yet?

Each of us testers got a full spectrum of weights to test. As far as the ones I got, the lighter ones are a bit more stable...They seem to pull out of a turn a bit earlier and resist turning a bit more on a flat throw. It's not a big difference. I could have received any single one of my test discs and I'd have the same opinion of the Volt and rate it the same. And as I've said before, my light pink 175 is my least stable. All 4 of my discs are within .5 of each other in terms of HSS and have pretty identical LSS.