• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Played a tournament round with my Volt. It was unsanctioned, so I had no issues trying it out durin a tournament. I have to say, I have very mixed feelings. It is incredibly shallow, creating a slightly uncomfortable grip for me, causing a few nose up releases. I had to switch over to a three finger grip to keep the nose down. However, even when I had a bad release I still got out there for respectable distance and decent placement. I cannot say I had any great throws, giving me the impression that it has a little learning curve, but I did see some potential for line shaping and line drive distance. Thankfully I only purchased one so I can go right back to my TeeBirds if need be.

I just took the plunge and ordered one from GGGT. yellow/170

I had to use the search function because it isn't listed in the mvp list of drivers

Looked at MST this morning and the volt isn't listed under MVP...
Assume that means sold out.

Anyone seen someone who still has lite weight 170 or less and white or bright colors?

Looked at MST this morning and the volt isn't listed under MVP...
Assume that means sold out.

Anyone seen someone who still has lite weight 170 or less and white or bright colors?

Marshall Street had 50 Volts and they sold out in 5 hours.

So i just got to throw my volt for the first time. This thing hold its line to a tee. I'm incredibly impressed, even though it was nothing like I expected based off of others reviews. I really like the shallowness of the disc too.

If I release anny, it stays anny. If I release flat, it stays flat with BARELY any fade. If i release Hyzer, it stays hyzer. Overall, I'd have to say that it's an incredibly versatile disc, and my TL is in serious trouble.

Edit: I throw about 310 - 350 feet..

Last edited:
I couldnt find anything to see if it was going to be offered in the Eclipse glow plastic. ANyone know if it is?

MVP has not released any Neutron discs in Eclipse. For the time being, we'll just have to wait for our reverse stormtroopers.

On a related note; does anyone remember if the glow material makes the overmold of Eclipse heavier? If so, MVP might not be able to release any lighter weight N Eclipse Volts because of the extra weight.

Alright, well I got to throw my Volts today but I didn't really get a solid impression. I threw pretty much like a TB but a little faster, had a few that turned over way too much but I think it was OAT into a headwind. I noticed it held low lines really well, but wasn't throwing good enough to really rip it and see how it worked. On lower power throws it was impressive, but the thing that made me happier than anything else was the general feel of the disc. I've gotten away from wider rimmed drivers and the TBs is just a little too small, so these will be nice.

Zach J. - yes
Zach K. - no

Bultx -- USPS picks up mid-afternoon, processes evening/over night and they should leave town after that processing, whatever they do and whenever they end it. They're good people to work with (our drivers are *especially* fond of DGers with all the favors they do you/us.. maybe it's the undeniably precious shop dog) and all, but I get the feeling UPS processes a little faster and works a little snappier. Our UPS drivers are freakin stellar as well... had the same guy (even the same substitute!) for at least 2.5 years.

Zach H. - Also no :(

:p

I got a 168 black one yesterday from Discnation as a gift for my son. Looking forward to seeing the latest greatest.

On a related note; does anyone remember if the glow material makes the overmold of Eclipse heavier? If so, MVP might not be able to release any lighter weight N Eclipse Volts because of the extra weight.

I don't think the Eclipse overmolds are heavier...They use the exact same cores as the standard (as in they do a huge run of cores and use some for standard and some for eclipse), so if they were heavier we would see Eclipse discs running heavier in general, and I've not noticed this trend.

29124141.jpg

haha i just went and bought a different color while im waiting. plus im pretty sure im not getting what i pre ordered anyways..

I just had to pick one up, just to see for myself. 174g, yellow, stiff and relatively flat. Threw it only a handful of times. I'm intrigued...Saint may have some competition, OLF too...

Last edited:
Got my four yesterday. I had planned to give one as a gift to my brother-in-law, but they ALL look so good I just ordered another black one to give to him. :p

I'm not one for dying discs, but the unstamped ones would be really great for it. I kind of like having a non-stamped disc.

Attachments

• volts.jpg
    volts.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 62
Just went out and threw my volts this morning. I'm very impressed. My saints/flow are gone for sure. It might edge out my sword later too. I am surprised at How far the volt will fly even when released nose up. I throw 425-450 and this morning (in 28 degree weather just after I woke up) I was pushing it out close to 400. I'm definitely excited to see How far I can throw it later in the day.

Latest posts