• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Nice to hear the archery comparison. I hate compounds...they have no soul. lol. Been shooting trad and selfbows for a long time!

I also like the "murderous pancake"....not what I was saying, though. lol

:clap: :hfive:

I drive with my Medium ions sometimes and have smoked the hell out of some trees at very high speeds.. the disc hasn't warped at all, and the over-mold barely has a scratch on it.

If the putters hold up this well, im sure the drivers will be no different.

True, and I *think* the material would be durable enough in a wide rim, but as leverage increases there's a better chance of damage. None of their current molds test this because the overmold is comparatively thin for putters and mids.

See that was always my thought too, in order to see real benefits you would need some sort of (cheap?) less dense material for the core.

This was my other thought, back when we were all speculating on how/if they could do a driver. I can see this working (if even necessary) for both strength and gyro issues.....but only if it can actually be tooled that way. Engineering vs. Real Life are often at odds. Pardon my perfunctory Paint skills here. :)

MVP%2520Volt%2520Alteration.jpg

i don't think MVP requires upper clean form just a lot of spin/snap. This is more evident in their mids than the putters. I would guess as long as you have enough snap/spin on your throw the volt will fly well. If you don't I am sure it will be a pig in the air.

Isn't getting spin/snap the essence of good form? I've never heard of anyone getting good snap and spin without it...

umm flicks come to mind. no real need for clean form on them to get good spin. also i could get good spin/snap and have no control of direction. I can get some good spin/snap throws out there but i have no clue where they are going. That is why MVP mids are not bagged for me. When i get good enough snap i am releasing way right. so no, good spin/snap could be good form but not necessarily related.

This was my other thought, back when we were all speculating on how/if they could do a driver. I can see this working (if even necessary) for both strength and gyro issues.....but only if it can actually be tooled that way. Engineering vs. Real Life are often at odds. Pardon my perfunctory Paint skills here. :)

MVP%2520Volt%2520Alteration.jpg

I would assume that this design would be possible. It's pretty much the exact same thing as when they first started producing the Ion.
2a65aae.jpg

the axis has said to not be very forgiving to the OAT monster. Any stable/overstable disc will be "forgiving". My buddy throws his vectors like i throw my zone. You would not be able to tell the difference in flights. Me 350 power him 250 so i guess its subjective. But I would not say MVP is easy to throw for everyone, that is why they are not too popular as of yet. It takes time to learn how to throw these correctly especially when comparing them to say the roc/buzzz.

I could see MVP adding some bubbles to the inner plastic and having great results with an increased gyro effect.

I could see MVP adding some bubbles to the inner plastic and having great results with an increased gyro effect.

Perhaps this is the way to get down to the 160-165g range?! I actually posted the thought of this in the MVP thread when blizzard first came out.

:clap: that would be awesome! but probably drive them crazy with their obsession with consistancy.

This, for sure!

i don't think MVP requires upper clean form just a lot of spin/snap. This is more evident in their mids than the putters. I would guess as long as you have enough snap/spin on your throw the volt will fly well. If you don't I am sure it will be a pig in the air.

If you get good spin but don't have clean form, gyro discs turn into burners more often than not. They need high spin to maximize their benefits - otherwise they get meathooky (compared to their ratings, that is). If bad form causes some unintentional anny or severe oat, but has high spin anyway, then they're making a beeline to the ground and don't have the fade/overstability to pull out of it, even the Vector. With clean form but low spin, then you don't get the glide and low fade. So they go together...or should.

I would assume that this design would be possible. It's pretty much the exact same thing as when they first started producing the Ion.
2a65aae.jpg

I'd assume so, too, but there are all kinds of variables and I can see several opportunities for problems in manufacturing/consistency with this compared to what they have now. I dunno...this part is just mind candy for me. It's up to them to figure it out with their design skills, software, and machines that I don't know how to operate. :)

I'd assume so, too, but there are all kinds of variables and I can see several opportunities for problems in manufacturing/consistency with this compared to what they have now. I dunno...this part is just mind candy for me. It's up to them to figure it out with their design skills, software, and machines that I don't know how to operate. :)

If I remember correctly, they got rid of it because the chemical bond between the two plastics was stronger than they originally thought. And I believe another reason they got rid of it was to increase consistency by removing a variable.

Weird, I find all their molds pretty easy to throw bh or fh. I've let a lot of people try them out and even if they weren't wowed by them they still got pretty shots right off the bat. Personally I've never seen discs that fly a dead straight line as consistently as the Anode and Axis do, even in a mild headwind. I've always liked the Vector because its OS enough to crank flat at max power and not flip, but it still has nice glide and goes straight a good wahs before that strong fade starts.

i have a flat 172g scaled 2nd run axis that goes straight 200ft with little to no effort, it holds hyzers, doesn't burn on annys and glides for days. it is my favorite disc but my ESP meteor is a close second.

I love bombing the axis down a tight wooded fairway and getting asked what kind of roc that was, the looks on peoples face when they see the funky overmold is priceless.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people smoke crack before they get on here and post...

MVP discs are no harder to throw than a Roc or Buzzz... that is the crack talking. Yeah the Axis turns when you OAT it but so does most stable mids. This is all lunacy.

It's not to damn difficult to throw just about any stable mid relatively straight, if you can't you've got some severe form issues.

Yeah the Axis turns when you OAT it but so does most stable mids. This is all lunacy.

I am Comet thrower and still feel that Axis is harder to throw straight than Comet. Axis is much more understable in HSS but has little more LSS stable. So when I need to go straight I throw Comet and when I need to go right (RHBH) I will choose Axis.

I'm not an MVP "hater", but I will not be buying/testing any of these. If there is some kind of revolution where EVERYONE starts to throw one, yea, I'll try it out, but what will it be able to do that my teebird can't?

It has very similar dimensions to the Beast, maybe that will hint at speed... Also, it looks like Neutron plastic is going to be a bit stiffer than M Proton. :\