• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I think eclipse is slightly less stable than reg. proton. Others may have a different opinion. That is my experience having only one of each to compare. The difference is very minor.

I think eclipse is slightly less stable than reg. proton. Others may have a different opinion. That is my experience having only one of each to compare. The difference is very minor.

please dont spread this misinformation around. its total bull****. and now im going to see it mindlessly repeated in the next 10 mvp threads.

Threw one today! Can't replace the pd though. :p just isn't the same, had a surprisingly abrupt fade. Maybe once I run out of patent # grippy s-lines!

Yeah I'm with Toro on this one. The Volt really sneaks up on you. First couple of times, I was like, "This is NOT the mythical disc I hoped it would be." But after 10-15 rounds it pretty much took over my bag.

Even now when I cover most of my Volt shots with other discs (lookin' at you Proton Tesla), I will still pull it out when I have no idea what to do on a hole.

It's like fried chicken and waffles. Comfort you can count on.

Yeah, given my bag structure, if I were to give up the pd i would go back to neutron and proton tesla. Though I'd probably wait because you know they are going to tweak them so they fly the same, just like they did with the early volts. Consistency is their mantra so it's only a matter of time until it happens. :)

Had a PD lover throw my beat up proton at Blue Ribbon Pines on the driving range hole and it was his furthest as well as straightest drives of all his PD's :p

The one he threw is a super beat up proton volt and expected it by the looks to be much more US but flew great even at a 6/10 condition. Volt is such a sleeper b/c people pick it up new off the shelf and don't work it enough but like the crave im not sure how someone can do without these kind of discs. Always been a staple in my bag and so glad the volt is around b/c its here to stay.

i would still much rather throw a tesla or PD than a volt. :)

i'm still waiting for them to change the volt in proton/neutron to match each other and wondering which they will pick. are protons still flying less overstable? wrong-ish thread, but hey, why not.

they have matched each other for a while now. both fly the same as long as you don't get a lighter N run from earlier on which would be a weight that is no longer produced or the disc has some slight dome to it. All current volts fly like a, well, better PD :p

Last edited:
silly goose, i was asking about the tesla in the volt thread because the tesla is the volt 2.0

the PD stands alone, apart from and above both of them. :)

AHHH! yes I agree there. Havent put any protons in the bag yet for that reason but a lighter N seems to be the same difference at this point without much review on the proton tesla...

speaking of which-- anyone?!

silly goose, i was asking about the tesla in the volt thread because the tesla is the volt 2.0

the PD stands alone, apart from and above both of them. :)

AHHH! yes I agree there. Havent put any protons in the bag yet for that reason but a lighter N seems to be the same difference at this point without much review on the proton tesla...

speaking of which-- anyone?!

I just got a P Tesla, 167-8 I think. It's not a Volt. We'll have to see how it flies after the MVPnew gets knocked off it, but for me it doesn't hold a line as well, fades sooner, glides less. Still need more time with it, but this weekend I threw a newish N Volt @ 174 alongside it on some similar shots, and was getting just a bit better D and better line-holding from the Volt.

I'll chime in with a slightly different experience.

For me, the P Tesla truly is a longer Volt. I have one at 171 that flies for days on a straight line with decent, penetrating fade. There's a tiny bit of turn to it that keeps it on line for longer, but I've never had it turn on me enough to move off line.

If my Volts fly 325-350 golf lines, my P Tesla will fly a near-identical line out to 400-410. Granted, I'm talking "new" Volts not FR here. My FR will sneak out to 400 regularly, but on a rather different line.

The P Tesla is what I thought and hoped the mold would be initially, and I'm pleased it came out the way it did. I'll admit, the Volts have a touch more glide, but I've not missed it.