• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Now, do not worry if your bag looks a bit wonky right out of the box.
The structural inserts did get a bit compressed during shipping, as they have
some inherent pliability. But you can straighten the inserts with your hands
and fill it with discs, and the bag will conform to the sleek, handsome shape
we designed it to be.

But if, by chance, after some time elapses and an insert still won't cooperate,
let us know and we will make it right. Grip Equipment wants to make sure all of
our customers to have our tour bags as we designed them!

A final couple of notes...

First, the hang tags incorrectly identify the construction material as 1680 Denier
Nylon, but this is a typo. In production I opted for 1680 Denier Polyester as it
is plenty strong for these packs yet is much easier on the environment to produce
and is far easier to recycle at the end of a product's life cycle. I dream of
eventually instituting a product take-back program, and Nylon is a nightmare
to try to recycle as compared to Poly.

So my bag is gonna look f'd up and the lifetime warranty was a lie? Nice work bro.

Someone needs to remember to up this thread after 1 year. It's going to be hilarious.

im pretty sure people will fill it with a years worth of complaining about the small bag

still holding my breath until I get to trick mine out

juju said:
the lifetime warranty was a lie? Nice work bro.

Lifetime warranty never meant that the bag won't break; it means when it does break, you get another one free.

mobster said:
juju said:
the lifetime warranty was a lie? Nice work bro.

Lifetime warranty never meant that the bag won't break; it means when it does break, you get another one free.

The lifetime guarantee, as you will find is the case with the other manufacturer in the market with such a guarantee, protects you exclusively against defects in materials and craftsmanship. If you manage to break the bag on your own because you, say, shut it in your car door and dragged it home... you won't so much be protected. Nothing lasts forever, but we make damn tough bags that will hold up for years.

And as far as the wonky side walls outta the box... I set my bag up this afternoon and the sides are already nice and straight again.

PS... happy to have your pre-ordered bags out on the trucks! Huge weight off my shoulders... Much more work to do, but at least we're not behind the eight-ball any longer! No more pre-orders... Yuck. Not a shady business practice as some have suggested, merely a product of my own immense optimism. But good riddance to that burden none-the-less.

Love being in the Midwest right now, overnight shipping FTW! Gonna be a long day at work for sure.

jnecessary said:
Love being in the Midwest right now, overnight shipping FTW! Gonna be a long day at work for sure.

I've got my bag. It showed up while I was at class. It looks good so far. The sides weren't all that deformed, just a little bit.

zj1002 said:
lets get some pictures going!

Sorry, no pics for now. All I have is a horrid camera phone and my roommate would make fun on me till no end if I was taking pictures of my new bag. :lol:

Anyways, the water bottle holders are SNUG around a Nalgene. I imagine they'll loosen up a bit over time, giving them the perfect fit. On that note, if you have a 40oz Kleen then I doubt it will fit (I'll check mine later...its in the car right now). Also, I've fit 18 discs (including 3 Buzzzes, 4 Ions, and a Rhyno) pretty snugly across the bottom section. At first it wouldn't even hold that much, but its because the support on one side is dented in. Over the last 45 minutes it has straightened out enough to let me fit another 2 putters, so I imagine after sitting with 18 it'll let me fit a couple more. It looks like I'll be able to fit about 2 more drivers comfortably once it straightens out. I haven't tried the stool/umbrella straps yet...once again I need to get that stuff out of my car.

I'm headed to class, so I'll have to give other impressions later.

I ordered mine from Dynamic Discs, it should be on the way to Canada asap....
and to quote:

"Grip Equipment bags shipped, and soon to be available from...Lifetime Disc Sports and Dynamic Discs! Each company will only have a very limited number, so jump on it if you want one now!!"

Gary

88fc3c5b.jpg

21108c8f.jpg

2fabc650.jpg

da3263ba.jpg

dc4d07bf.jpg

87e9caee.jpg