• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

When are we going to get an FB3? I've been waiting for too long for this stinking disc. We got a Wombat3, and no FB3.

When are we going to get an FB3? I've been waiting for too long for this stinking disc. We got a Wombat3, and no FB3.

How do they even make the 3 discs? Are they basically all a bit faster but have less glide?

How different would a FB3 be compared to a flat topped FB (the ones with the stamp)?

But I agree that it is surprising we haven't seen it yet. Maybe they have purposely held it back to space out popular releases but that pretty dumb.

How do they even make the 3 discs? Are they basically all a bit faster but have less glide?

How different would a FB3 be compared to a flat topped FB (the ones with the stamp)?

But I agree that it is surprising we haven't seen it yet. Maybe they have purposely held it back to space out popular releases but that pretty dumb.

They seem to flatten the top and make it a tick faster. Wouldn't be much different than the ones they flatten, but if it were another in demand mold they would have to stock it instead of me having to sort through tons of discs every time I want a FB with no dome.

They seem to flatten the top and make it a tick faster. Wouldn't be much different than the ones they flatten, but if it were another in demand mold they would have to stock it instead of me having to sort through tons of discs every time I want a FB with no dome.

Yes, the "3" top is supposed to be a flat top with the original mold's underside. Early "3" molds such as the Roc3 and Mako3 were FAF in Star plastic, while the Champions weren't quite so FAF board flat but were still pretty flat. Later "3" discs such as the TL3 were disappointingly not FAF board flat.

An FB3 would theoretically be slightly different than a flat FB where the top and bottom mold pieces meet. But there's theory and then there's practice, and who knows how an FB3 would actually turn out...

They should just do more runs of the FAF 12x FBs and then, between those and Sexybirds, all the FB lovers would be happy.

:popcorn:

Yeah, the FB3 is redundant. There are plenty of flat top Firebirds out there. If Innova did produce the mold, they would only be eating into their own sales with increased overhead, and further complicating their lineup (DGCR's favorite pet peeve). Moose, buy some of those pearlies you were lusting over. IDK what the issue is.

Can I just state for the record FAF means flat as ****? DGV and other places tried to say "flat and firm" but that's utter bull****.

Carry on...

I don't know how widespread the use of adding "AF" to adjectives was in early 2013 when FAF discs started showing up (iirc). At the time some retailers were selling them as Flat/Firm. I have some '13 LV GCC FAF Teebirds that are definitely the stiffest discs I own. They remind me of Gateway G9 stuff. And of course they are board flat.
I have seen "FAF" used to mean "flat AF" on DGCR more often than any other way. At this point, regardless of the original meaning, the term has been defined in a certain way on this site through the way it has been used here.
I wonder if anyone is aware if discs were ever distributed directly by Innova as FAF or if it has been used as a description by retailers only? What about in CFR?

From dealer.innovadiscs.com

New backpack bags, MSRP $39.99
Champion Corvette
XT Dart
DX RocX3
clothing

XT dart could be fun. Would be interesting to see how it stacks up against an R-Pro.

I have average size hands and the dart feels like a skeeter which feels like a big mini to me. I'm a noob so dont even take my opinion for anything

I have average size hands and the dart feels like a skeeter which feels like a big mini to me. I'm a noob so dont even take my opinion for anything

Haha no offence taken. The dart is like a mini comet for me. But I don't even throw darts anymore. Innova has been kinda lackluster with the releases lately.

Some KC rhynos and eagles would be stellar.

Very true. It's interesting that they're bringing a number of molds out in XT these days.

I still have no idea what the RocX3 is uniquely supposed to do... :confused:

Agreed on both counts. I dont see many people using xt plastic and not too many people that I have talked to like it or are looking for it. Probably just doing it so they can sell that to the big box stores at a cheap price to sell to noobs who dont know any better yet.

The rocx3 in dx is also a head scratcher. Not many use the rocx3 and even use roc throwers dont use it as a more overstable roc.

Two odd decisions by innova

Agreed on both counts. I dont see many people using xt plastic and not too many people that I have talked to like it or are looking for it. Probably just doing it so they can sell that to the big box stores at a cheap price to sell to noobs who dont know any better yet.

Well, I'll say this much: a few years ago the XT blend was awful. Really bad stuff. I still have my Archangel in that stuff, but I use it as a pencil eraser. :sick:

However, more recent blends of XT have been a lot, lot better. Some of the more recent Novas have been good-feeling XT. The Bullfrog's XT blend was really good. And the Nexus blend is allegedly a stiff XT blend that feels like Pro and seems to be good stuff (jury is still out, though).

So if they keep making molds in that good XT, people might warm up to it.

Bring back the Gazelle of old, please! (...or could somebody get mine down off the roof of the building by hole 17 at Kerr Park in Downingtown, PA? :wall:)

Latest posts