• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

I didn't want to post this as it's own thread because I don't know if it's even close to being true. But.......

Had a discussion with a few buds and one of them said he "heard" Innova was prepping for a possible brink and mortar store franchise similar to how Dynamic Discs is doing it. Has anyone with real insight heard anything about this? I could see how Discraft might ride the Paul factor into a store franchise (plus their name sounds better for a store imop) but "Innova Disc Golf" stores sound pretty cool too. lol..

I didn't want to post this as it's own thread because I don't know if it's even close to being true. But.......

Had a discussion with a few buds and one of them said he "heard" Innova was prepping for a possible brink and mortar store franchise similar to how Dynamic Discs is doing it. Has anyone with real insight heard anything about this? I could see how Discraft might ride the Paul factor into a store franchise (plus their name sounds better for a store imop) but "Innova Disc Golf" stores sound pretty cool too. lol..

I could see maybe a store or 2 but a whole franchise doesn't seem sustainable. Plus it would hurt established innova retailers. I for one would not like this competition for my local store.

They should call it 'Disc Golf United'. I think South Carolina would be a good location.
(2850 Commerce Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29730)

Plus it would hurt established innova retailers. I for one would not like this competition for my local store.

For argument's sake, I doubt they would put stores in established areas. But I digress...not worth debating too much until something official happens.

Yes. Identical to the McPro Galactic Aviars of years past.

I thought those were when I saw them online, same thing as the McPro. Now question does Ricky actually use this mold in his bag or is it an attempt to move a plastic that not a lot really bought since Paul McBeth changed sponsors? I feel Dave is just trying to push the plastic unless we see Ricky actually using these discs.

The Tour Pro Aviar did not sell super well compared to the McPro but then at the end of the McPro Run when Paul announced he was leaving, people bought the discs up hoping to sell them later for big money. I did not think that people would be able to sell the McPro Aviar for big money once I saw the Tour Series Aviar 3 in the McPro plastic and a limited run KC Pro Aviar 3. It seemed that Innova kept making the plastic in the mold to satisfy the Pro sponsored player that still wanted the ability to buy a slick McPro Disc.

I always wanted to like the KC pro aviars but everyone I have ever had was so slick feeling. How do the wysocki big beads feel?

DX Big Bead might work for you then, if not then go with the Wizard. There is a 99.999999999% chance that you will find the perfect plastic with them.

You might have to feel 100 wizards before you do, and you might never find the same one again, but you're right!

(I love my wizards but Gateway's plastic mix labelling is kind of hilarious)

I always wanted to like the KC pro aviars but everyone I have ever had was so slick feeling. How do the wysocki big beads feel?

DX Big Bead might work for you then, if not then go with the Wizard. There is a 99.999999999% chance that you will find the perfect plastic with them.

I think try a DX Big Bead Aviar. Other options are to try a JK Aviar or Yetti Aviar both big bead but if you want stiff putter, get the Big Bead Omega that is more a Big Bead version of the Classic Aviar mold and get the BB Omega in DT that is on the Millenium website a stiff plastic. DT plastic sounds similar to XT.

You might have to feel 100 wizards before you do, and you might never find the same one again, but you're right!

(I love my wizards but Gateway's plastic mix labelling is kind of hilarious)

I'm familiar haha. I used to putt with wizards back in the day and the labeling never made sense. I still have some "super stupid softs" that are the hardest ones I've seen. Classic hard judges is what I've been using probably since they came out but want to experiment with some aviars again that are similar to that classic hard feel.

Last edited:
51-4rt3FjdL.jpg

Out of sheer curiosity, how did this thread drift from new Innova stuff to Wizards? :confused:

Uh one guy was having trouble using the KC Big bead Aviar so...somebody suggested non Innova Wizard. I got it closer to back on track (Millennium discs being made in the Innova factory) with my suggestion of try a Big Bead Omega in stiff DT as a choice. I think the Big Bead Omega in DT will be similar to an XT plastic Big Bead Aviar that is not made and would have more grip then the KC Aviar. The Omega and Big Bead version is like a Classic grid Aviar mold but with a regular bead or big bead added to the Classic grid Avair mold. Somebody had to look at that One word Wizard and had to comment about the Wizard on this thread.

Last edited:
Innova Croc (approved Sept '19)

Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 2.0cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.3cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Rim Configuration: 56.25
Flexibility: 12.16kg