• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

Dead center in the Gator family. Wonder what the unique thing is, V-tech bottom like the MD5? Beadless?

So then I bet this is just another attempt at a Disc from Discmania to keep players using all Innova discs and even some discs from other brands made by Innova. That seems to be a ploy of Dave to try and keep them from using other brand discs from other companies made by Innova, he is not happy when his sponsored pro even uses Millennium even though the contracts allow them to do so and use the side brands. This practice has been going back to JK using the Millennium Super Soft and having to make a disc like that for Juliana Korver for Innova to keep her from using the side brands, before that Innova was fine with the top sponsored pro people using the then Innova owned Ching disc or the very few Millennium discs out

Last edited:
hows innovas newest stock runs of "pro" plastic been

Might be shocking to say but... inconsistent? :doh:

Usually love the Pro plastic from Innova but had a couple of floppy ones lately. Snagged a nice new run of the Pro Teebird and it was firm, little bit slick but that will go away with some use. Then picked up a Leopard and Thunderbird online and they both arrived feeling floppy, like GStar floppy with decent grip. Almost feels like a completely different plastic. Bit disappointing as I like the firmness of most Pro plastic runs. The Teebird plastic is exactly what I expected, the other two were nothing like my previous Pro Leos/Valks.

Usually love the Pro plastic from Innova but had a couple of floppy ones lately. Snagged a nice new run of the Pro Teebird and it was firm, little bit slick but that will go away with some use. Then picked up a Leopard and Thunderbird online and they both arrived feeling floppy, like GStar floppy with decent grip. Almost feels like a completely different plastic. Bit disappointing as I like the firmness of most Pro plastic runs. The Teebird plastic is exactly what I expected, the other two were nothing like my previous Pro Leos/Valks.

im not surprised but thank you

I agree, I picked up this summer a Pro Destroyer more for the logo with name of the course on it, no intention of throwing but it was like as floppy as some R-Pro gets. Also I had got recently a Star Shark that ended up almost G-Star in flex but with the Star grip not the grip G-Star can have. They over cooked both discs, Pro and the Star disc to the point they are floppy. I think that was a previous problem with plastics mostly Pro in the last few runs before the most recent few runs though the Star Shark has always had problems to the point most discs should be F2, Factory Second.

...Then picked up a Leopard and Thunderbird online and they both arrived feeling floppy, like GStar floppy with decent grip. Almost feels like a completely different plastic..

I had the same experience with two Pro Leopards I got a few weeks ago. One was stiff and slick, and the other was almost G* soft but with great grip.

Like you said, mine feel like two completely different plastics.

New Alex Russell star Boss on the factory store. The stamp is overwhelmingly underwhelming

Maybe I'm in the minority, probably am, but I appreciate the more understated stamps. I don't need giant pictures of birds, robots, and fish on my discs.

I end up wiping a lot of stamps as it is. My favorites are the stock Pro plastic stamps and even those I frequently wipe everything except "Pro Leopard" or whatever model disc it happens to be.

Has anyone heard anything about the Croc? Based off the numbers on the approved disc list, it seems so close to a gator/caiman.

I always liked the very clean, minimalist stamps of the stock Star molds. The XT stamps aren't too bad, either.

Previous iteration of the Champ plastic was good too. New one isn't horrible but I still prefer the previous style.

Maybe I'm in the minority, probably am, but I appreciate the more understated stamps. I don't need giant pictures of birds, robots, and fish on my discs.

I end up wiping a lot of stamps as it is. My favorites are the stock Pro plastic stamps and even those I frequently wipe everything except "Pro Leopard" or whatever model disc it happens to be.

I guess to me the old school DX creature stamps are a nostalgia trip back to my teens. Pre-disc golf internet, going to the sports store and picking discs by a combination of the poster-size flight charts and what looked cool.