• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Mega Speed Discraft Driver!!!

curt1

Eagle Member
At least that's what it looks like from a very cryptic twitter post fro Discraft:

"hmm. Is it Friday, or have the boys in the lab been busy? http://bit.ly/2jNJOV"

IMG_5470.jpg

I was gonna say...that looks more like a ring on a dark piece of paper than 2 materials...

Time will tell, I guess...

Ted Damson said:
imaginaaaaaation... remember that tune?

it's a dual-material driver ............. with only one of the materials shown in the photo

... and it's on a blue piece of paper

I still stand by my statement of needing more drivers with square tops and round wings.

Ted Damson said:
imaginaaaaaation... remember that tune?

it's a dual-material driver ............. with only one of the materials shown in the photo

... and it's on a blue piece of paper

IMAGINATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! best soutpark ever....back to the thread

Is that really a two material driver? sounds expensive!

It's a stupid message accompanied with a blurry picture. Go Discraft!

This will follow standard new driver talk,

Insert DGR biblical quote about people needing to throw slower discs and learning to shape lines.

Insert whiny quote about marketing.

Insert more whining about galactic speed drivers and why you are better because you throw gazelles or can throw a putter really far.

Five to ten people state they refuse to buy it before it is even produced.

JesseB says something awesome. check

Insert funny picture. check

End with cheetah and aviar joke.

Thread over.

confucious say...
jsun3thousand said:
It's a stupid message accompanied with a blurry picture. Go Discraft!

This will follow standard new driver talk,

Insert DGR biblical quote about people needing to throw slower discs and learning to shape lines.

Insert whiny quote about marketing.

Insert more whining about galactic speed drivers and why you are better because you throw gazelles or can throw a putter really far.

Five to ten people state they refuse to buy it before it is even produced.

JesseB says something awesome.

Insert funny picture

End with cheetah and aviar joke.

Thread over.

How can you tell that's a dual material disc? Couldn't they just run the wing to see what it molds like, then run the top?

No, now that I think about that, that makes no sense.

If it is a two material disc, they could have at least used a different piece of paper to photograph the disc on. The picture, right now, is like making a sign with black ink on black paper.

1 rim, 3 different tops; mix and match for hole layout.
1 thick, domey top for understable
1 medium top for straight
1 ultra-thin and mega flat top for overstable and big fade

Of course this would change the weight of the disc depending on which top you use.

retro: I'd be shocked if they could come up with a system that could make tops swap easily, yet secure enough to handle being hurled, much less slamming into trees, without losing parts.

That being said, having a ton of factory combos of rim and top colors, that would be rad