• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Mega Speed Discraft Driver!!!

Robin Hood said:
no, that was the chaos(a way better name than nuke IMHO)

I dunno about that...the chaos sounds squirrely, where as the nuke sounds like it just bombs...

Nuk? Seriously? These are Nuks:

images

I hope that was just a typo.

Mike, howzabout some info on the new disc? What with all the thunder about the Pro Bosses and Katana, we Discrafters need something to look foward to.
KP

DiscraftMike said:
The latest version on the new driver: max rim width, super fast and long with a stability in the family of an ESP Surge/ESP Flash.
sounds pretty sweet, MAX RIM WIDTH :shock: (2.5 cm if i recall correctly) sounds a bit tough to grip but i guess thats what's needed for max speed, im sure i'll be trying one regardless just for fun

Jesse B 707 said:
DiscraftMike said:
The latest version on the new driver: max rim width, super fast and long with a stability in the family of an ESP Surge/ESP Flash.
sounds pretty sweet, MAX RIM WIDTH :shock: (2.5 cm if i recall correctly) sounds a bit tough to grip but i guess thats what's needed for max speed, im sure i'll be trying one regardless just for fun

2.6 cm....and Dave D. said he'd never go there, now we'll see if this thing catches on.

gator said:
How about a release date?

I'm guessing the less interest we show, the more information he'll give us, so everyone should just play it cool. I learned this from watching the entire Brett Farve saga play out this summer.

I heard word at USDGc that the D-craft players were supposed to get them right before the US championships but there was a delay so they wouldnt be getting them until late oct early nov and then an actual release wouldnt happen until late in the year or early next year. So its just a hurry up and wait.

Ted Damson said:
Ted Damson said:
I like this trend of DC rippin off Gateway :lol:
Roy said:
Doesnt quest have dual material discs?
good question, were the Odysseys under Quest or Gateway names?

QuestAT did overmolding of the Odyssey line and released it under QuestAT &
GDStour. Quest had a light up toy disc they designed and overmolded before
they ever met Dave Mc of Gateway. I molded hundreds of the Odysseys in IL @
both shops and redesigned the Ultralong d and highspeed drivers. Overmolding
has great benefits for golf discs. I'm excited to hear about the ION!

guess who was lucky enough to throw the nuke yesterday.............ME!

It honestly threw similar to the beat in proto boss I have. Goes long....long and straight. Very easy to control and awesome plastic! I cant wait to get one and I throw all innova drivers if that says anything.