• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

with one foot behind your disc and the other one either parallel to that foot or behind the plane of the marker

so as long as i keep one foot at the marker, can i place my other foot out to the side, kneeling to see/throw around the tree? Thanks, i am indeed a noob and this thread is really helpful. I'm reading the whole thing....

so as long as i keep one foot at the marker, can i place my other foot out to the side, kneeling to see/throw around the tree? Thanks, i am indeed a noob and this thread is really helpful. I'm reading the whole thing....

Your other foot/knee/other supporting point can be anywhere as long as it is no closer to the basket than your lie (marker).

Pretty straightforward but can be murky when it comes to straddle putts as it can look like your off foot is closer. These pics excellently illustrate the point:

legal1.jpg

legal2.jpg

illegal.jpg

How far does the average Open Pro throw?

there is no 'average' really. i would guess 350-400' conservatively, mainly due to disc technology. it really depends on age. younger guys are going to throw farther. but there are plenty of old-er guys that could be playing masters/grandmasters but choose to play open and kick butt because their putting/approach game is lights out and they rarely stray off the fairway.

there is no 'average' really. i would guess 350-400' conservatively, mainly due to disc technology. it really depends on age. younger guys are going to throw farther. but there are plenty of old-er guys that could be playing masters/grandmasters but choose to play open and kick butt because their putting/approach game is lights out and they rarely stray off the fairway.

Thank you.

Is it okay with forum rules if someone posted looking for a DG teacher, one with a 'high rating' so to speak, for $? Videos and texts are always great helps, but there is nothing like playing with someone way better than you, that is willing to show how they do it.

:confused:

Or you could just post something in the meetup section about playing a round together. Personally if someone required I pay them to play with them then I would pass so don't even bring that up. I know the Illinois people and us NC people have a thread that we use more for daily meetups then a scheduled thing.

Need help!

I have been playing off and on for 3 years.

I have mastered the thumber and throw a 167 Champion Eagle. Is there a better discs for a thumber I have watched some youtube videos and Brian Schweberger with team innova prefers a Firebird.

Last edited:
Need help!

I have been playing off and on for 3 years.

I have mastered the thumber and throw a 167 Champion Eagle. Is there a better discs for a thumber I have watched some youtube videos and Brian Schweberger with team innova prefers a Firebird.

I think u just answered your own question;)

I personally throw a flick for tomahawks/thumber's.

most people tend to use OS stuff to thumber/tommy so keep that in mind.

i use a banshee

Latest posts