• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Present rule 803.09:

B. A player whose disc is considered out-of-bounds shall receive one penalty throw. The player may elect to play the next shot from:
(1) The previous lie as evidenced by the marker disc or, if the marker disc has been moved from an approximate lie, as agreed to by the majority of the group or an official; or (2) A lie that is up to one meter away from and perpendicular to the point where the disc last crossed into out-of-bounds, as determined by a majority of the group or an official. This holds true even if the direction takes the
lie closer to the hole; or (3) Within the designated Drop Zone, if provided. These options may be limited by the tournament director as a special condition (see 804.01).

From the board minutes:

That rule 803.09 B(3) be amended to read, "Within the designated Drop Zone, if provided. These options may be limited by the tournament director as a special condition only by prior approval of the PDGA Tour Manager.", and that it be implemented on 1/1/2012.

Distance and Form question

I am hitting 330-350' on good throws with a cement tee pad.

In my last tourney, guys were out throwing me 50-100'.

I shot +4 and +1.
The guys throwing farther scored -3 and -9.

I noticed that out short games were not too different, and in fact, during the wooded section of the course, I was up 3 shots on the guy who shot -9.

Distance matters.

That said, what can I do to work on my form and hopefully get myself to that level and beyond? I have noticed a number of people say throw a Comet or Putters to people working on their form, would that be good for me since I am already getting it out there a bit? Should I go back to just using my Teebird until I am throwing it 400'?

Please advise.

I am hitting 330-350' on good throws with a cement tee pad.

In my last tourney, guys were out throwing me 50-100'.

I shot +4 and +1.
The guys throwing farther scored -3 and -9.

I noticed that out short games were not too different, and in fact, during the wooded section of the course, I was up 3 shots on the guy who shot -9.

Distance matters.

That said, what can I do to work on my form and hopefully get myself to that level and beyond? I have noticed a number of people say throw a Comet or Putters to people working on their form, would that be good for me since I am already getting it out there a bit? Should I go back to just using my Teebird until I am throwing it 400'?

Please advise.

I thing that helped me a lot was working with a teebird but mainly working on my grip. Once I got my grip better I was ripping my teebird out to 375'. I have never been able to throw a putter cuz of the lip so I throw a Classic Roc. I say an understable mid range would help as well. Doing both things can help. You already know what you need to do just put them to practice.

I love my ESP Hornets, but they don't say "PDGA approved". Will I get called on it in a tourney? (The answer to this dictates weather I start hording the discs or not)

Last edited:
What do I do when my dad hides all my discs and won't let me play again til january, when I won't be able to play hardly anyways cuz of the snow?

What do I do when my dad hides all my discs and won't let me play again til january, when I won't be able to play hardly anyways cuz of the snow?

1. borrow discs from a friend

2. buy more discs

4. kindly explain to him that without disc golf you'll quickly get bored and he may end up a grandfather next year

I don't know what you should do, but definitely don't do whatever you did that made him hide them all in the first place again.

Or tell him that this kid never played disc golf:

SNF08FAT1-682_701744a.jpg

yo, this isn't really a noobie question, but I don't think it deserves its own thread.

where are poppy top, non destrulcan AJ destroyers on the stability scale for a destroyer? normal destroyer, or super overstable or something? mine is 170g

hahaha thats what i meant. but how is it effective in picking a specific disc of a specific mold? i saw someone talking about destroyers and destrulcans and plh

Marmocet nailed the explanation of PLH. I have also noticed that on wide rimmed discs, The curve of the wing will effect plh.

1. borrow discs from a friend

2. buy more discs

4. kindly explain to him that without disc golf you'll quickly get bored and he may end up a grandfather next year

I wonder what #3 was that was so bad it had to be mod deleted? :confused:

Latest posts