• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NY Courses

BlarneyStoner

Hey all,
I'm a long-time lurker, and first-time poster. I'm originally from New York, but have been living in Portland for the last five years. I picked up my disc golf addiction in the Pacific Northwest (I know, pretty lucky) and have never played a NY course. Whenever I head to NYC to visit my folks, I don't have time to head upstate to play. This Thanksgiving I'll be there long enough to take off upstate for a day or two and was wondering if anyone could point me toward the best courses within a few hours of the city. Thanks!

Lurker = someone who reads a forum alot without posting? Never heard the term before.

Dude, be sure to check out the Prospect park DGC. It listed here and has a contact number for the guys that run it. It was a lot of fun in the heart of Brooklyn.

Campgaw in Jersey- mountainous, ski hill golf in the woods.
West Milford- Buzzy's Creek, short and super easy but enjoyable.

Warwick, NY
Lake Harmony, PA
White Haven, PA

All these should be within 2-3 hours of NYC (more like 9 hours and a stress related heart attack/mugging). All excellent choices. Best to head into PA or North Jersey, not straight up in NY, not much in that direction!

East into CT works too.

Lurker = someone who reads a forum alot without posting? Never heard the term before.

You got it right...

Thanks for the input guys. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, about four miles from Prospect Park, so I will definitely be checking that out.

just to let you know prospect park is an object course which means the holes are objects and there are alot of people there so my advice would be to go on weekdays or early weekends.