• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Samurai 4 has been given a drop date.

Too early for anyone from Discmania to note flight differences from earlier runs?

Can anyone from Discmania please note the difference between Meta and Chroma plastics?

The IS4 is the best run of MD3 I have thrown outside of the old glows. Straight to OS out of the box. I can put full power on it and not get any right movement. Chroma is essentially meta for DM. If I were to guess it is meta and c line mix. Feels great and relatively firm for premium plastic.

This thread has probably been beat to **** but on Discmania's instagram, whoever is running it has been very vague but positive about upcoming discs - specifically Night Strikes and s-line releases, saying these molds will eventually be pushed out but not giving date ranges. Meanwhile the IS4 and Razor Claw are already being released and still no base runs in S-line.

This thread has probably been beat to **** but on Discmania's instagram, whoever is running it has been very vague but positive about upcoming discs - specifically Night Strikes and s-line releases, saying these molds will eventually be pushed out but not giving date ranges. Meanwhile the IS4 and Razor Claw are already being released and still no base runs in S-line.

There have been issues with leaking information about releases which then makes it really hard to market them, so they have been trying to keep things under wraps. I would not expect to see MD3 or tactic released in S line in the near future. S line MD3s were never overly popular or collectible and the razor claw will likely always be C line type plastic since it is up to Eagle.

Discmania keeps doing 'special blend S-line' runs of CB3, Cloudbreaker and Nordic Phenom. I figured they weren't happy with whatever S-line they have tried, and that's why they keep doing blends? Be cool if the Discmania user could touch base.

Discmania keeps doing 'special blend S-line' runs of CB3, Cloudbreaker and Nordic Phenom. I figured they weren't happy with whatever S-line they have tried, and that's why they keep doing blends? Be cool if the Discmania user could touch base.

Have you considered that it may be a marketing ploy to charge more for a "special blend"?

Yep. Halo… Orbit… it's a trend.

i will say that the halo star from innova does not seem to just be a mix of regular star. It definitely feels like a different blend from stock star. Whatever discmania calls it, the special blend cloudbreakers and nordic phenoms feel great.

i will say that the halo star from innova does not seem to just be a mix of regular star. It definitely feels like a different blend from stock star. Whatever discmania calls it, the special blend cloudbreakers and nordic phenoms feel great.

I agree the S-line blend is good to go. Save that recipe and start pumping out some FDs, P2s, and FD3s.

Oh, and if the benevolent brain trust of Discmania would nod to the peasants, make a CD or TD. Something like a 10 speed that is workable for AM arms. The Mentor is not good. :clap:

Agree on the Nordic Phenom plastic, that's an excellent run of PD. I'd get several of them if not for my horde of originals. I'm bagging the NP along with a couple from my stash.

Signature Saturation?

I became a Discmaniac late in the game, during the Innova fallout, so I'm not knowledgeable. Do we usually get multiple releases of the same signature disc in one year/season? My misconception was it would be one CB, IS, RC, etc per year. Now we're getting two? Is that normal? I have even cycled the two IS3's I have, and now I have to decide if I want to pick up, tryout, and possibly bag new ones? Just wondering if this is what we should expect.

And yes, I realize DM is trail-and-erroring with their own production facility. I'm curious if this is how it always was and if you think this is how it always will be now?

I agree the S-line blend is good to go. Save that recipe and start pumping out some FDs, P2s, and FD3s.

Oh, and if the benevolent brain trust of Discmania would nod to the peasants, make a CD or TD. Something like a 10 speed that is workable for AM arms. The Mentor is not good. :clap:

What had been the BEST release of the year, all things considered?

I became a Discmaniac late in the game, during the Innova fallout, so I'm not knowledgeable. Do we usually get multiple releases of the same signature disc in one year/season? My misconception was it would be one CB, IS, RC, etc per year. Now we're getting two? Is that normal? I have even cycled the two IS3's I have, and now I have to decide if I want to pick up, tryout, and possibly bag new ones? Just wondering if this is what we should expect.

And yes, I realize DM is trail-and-erroring with their own production facility. I'm curious if this is how it always was and if you think this is how it always will be now?

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought a bunch of all brands of discs and putters. I finally decided I like the P2 putter just as they were no longer available. The only other Discmania I had was a very overstable C-line FD. The Essence was the first DM disc that I fell in love with. Enigma was the next one I liked.

But, to your question, my most often used release from new Discmania has been the Razor Claw 3 and Sky God 4. My favorites to throw have been the creator Cloudbreaker and the Nordic Phenom. I never go for the FD3 (new MF version) any more. The Mind Bender is growing on me. I won't pick up an Iron Samurai - it looks more overstable than the c-lineMD3, and I don't need that.

If I were building a minimalist bag of new DM, it would be:
Flex3 glow P2 (jus saw these)
Sky God 4
Razor Claw 3
Mind Bender
NEO Essence
Nordic Phenom
Cloudbreaker

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought a bunch of all brands of discs and putters. I finally decided I like the P2 putter just as they were no longer available. The only other Discmania I had was a very overstable C-line FD. The Essence was the first DM disc that I fell in love with. Enigma was the next one I liked.

But, to your question, my most often used release from new Discmania has been the Razor Claw 3 and Sky God 4. My favorites to throw have been the creator Cloudbreaker and the Nordic Phenom. I never go for the FD3 (new MF version) any more. The Mind Bender is growing on me. I won't pick up an Iron Samurai - it looks more overstable than the c-lineMD3, and I don't need that.

If I were building a minimalist bag of new DM, it would be:
Flex3 glow P2 (jus saw these)
Sky God 4
Razor Claw 3
Mind Bender
NEO Essence
Nordic Phenom
Cloudbreaker

Heck yeah. Thanks for the response.

Did the creator Cloudbreaker kick the Enigma out of the bag?

The NP PDs are really good. They take the cake for me for best release from DM this year. Workable out of the box for a PD and I really like the flatter tops on them.

RC3 is a solid 2nd. I never really clicked with the Razor Claws until this last run. The RC3 has the HSS I want with the reliable fade I need for this slot in the bag. Made me bag Tactics again.

The NP PDs are really good. They take the cake for me for best release from DM this year. Workable out of the box for a PD and I really like the flatter tops on them.

RC3 is a solid 2nd. I never really clicked with the Razor Claws until this last run. The RC3 has the HSS I want with the reliable fade I need for this slot in the bag. Made me bag Tactics again.

Awesome to know. I have a neo and an eco hard tactic, and sometimes I feel like I'm tricking myself into liking it more than my old zone. I love the hand feel more, but it never felt as reliably stable-OS. Have you thrown any of those and if so should I hawk them both and replace them with a meta?

This convo also adds another layer to this conversation: my DM-only bag is slowly becoming a Signature-only bag. Do you all see that as an issue? Our current dynamic is this: want an s-line PD? Signature. Less OS Md1? Signature. $$ DDD? Signature. Favorite tactic, soon to be (likely) color glow FD, c-line P2, and on…

Again, I know it'll take years to catch up, but I'm worried about the money in my bag with how it exceeds stock discs, replaceability factor, and inconsistencies for future runs. This feels a little different than other companies? Thoughts?

Heck yeah. Thanks for the response.

Did the creator Cloudbreaker kick the Enigma out of the bag?

No. I have a 168g Enigma that is my longest disc. The Cloudbreaker I am beating in is getting close, but it's heavier. If they ever make 160 class discs… oh baby.

Awesome to know. I have a neo and an eco hard tactic, and sometimes I feel like I'm tricking myself into liking it more than my old zone. I love the hand feel more, but it never felt as reliably stable-OS. Have you thrown any of those and if so should I hawk them both and replace them with a meta?

This convo also adds another layer to this conversation: my DM-only bag is slowly becoming a Signature-only bag. Do you all see that as an issue? Our current dynamic is this: want an s-line PD? Signature. Less OS Md1? Signature. $$ DDD? Signature. Favorite tactic, soon to be (likely) color glow FD, c-line P2, and on…

Again, I know it'll take years to catch up, but I'm worried about the money in my bag with how it exceeds stock discs, replaceability factor, and inconsistencies for future runs. This feels a little different than other companies? Thoughts?

A Zone will go farther than any Tactic/RC mold, imo, which might be lingering in your subconscious. I don't need 50 more feet out of a RC3 - makes it hard to overthrow.

Discmania has 'caught up' with demand, I think. They did that while charging $5-10 more per disc for signature stamps. On one hand it helps the pros, so not all bad. DM is close to overplaying the upcharged discs, and they probably realize this since no molds are selling out before replenishment lately. If they're business savvy as they seem, this should mean that the stock runs of S-line molds are coming, which is the next avenue DM can use to increase revenue.

I threw ESP and more recently LE Glo Zones as well as glow Gators for years. I like the Soft Tactics fine. They are more inline with a base plastic Zone and do better for me BH and for touch FHs. I wanted the RCs to be that Zone/ Glow Gator utility OS and they never were, esp in the HSS part of their flight. I had decided I was not going to get a RC3. I caved when I saw how nice the plastic was and everyone saying how OS they were and have not left the bag since. I've even purchased backups so I'm all in. I'm going to be cycling softs and a Meta.

Also nothing says that you HAVE to have the signature discs.

I could throw:
P1s
P2s
Tactic

Origin
MD3

Essence/ FD
Instinct
CPD

DD3

I would be just fine and my score probably would not hurt too much.

Anyone else find that the Nordic Phenoms are super durable? I've thrown mine full bore FH into a tree 50' away and no marks whatsoever besides some sap. Not to mention that they're probably the best run of PDs since the P-PDs that felt like S-PDs (I regret trading mine more and more each day).

Status
Not open for further replies.