• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw ESP and more recently LE Glo Zones as well as glow Gators for years. I like the Soft Tactics fine. They are more inline with a base plastic Zone and do better for me BH and for touch FHs. I wanted the RCs to be that Zone/ Glow Gator utility OS and they never were, esp in the HSS part of their flight. I had decided I was not going to get a RC3. I caved when I saw how nice the plastic was and everyone saying how OS they were and have not left the bag since. I've even purchased backups so I'm all in. I'm going to be cycling softs and a Meta.

You pretty much settled it. I will be selling my Neo tactic and swapping it for a Meta today before my round. Thanks for the reassuring insight!

No. I have a 168g Enigma that is my longest disc. The Cloudbreaker I am beating in is getting close, but it's heavier. If they ever make 160 class discs… oh baby.

A Zone will go farther than any Tactic/RC mold, imo, which might be lingering in your subconscious. I don't need 50 more feet out of a RC3 - makes it hard to overthrow.

Discmania has 'caught up' with demand, I think. They did that while charging $5-10 more per disc for signature stamps. On one hand it helps the pros, so not all bad. DM is close to overplaying the upcharged discs, and they probably realize this since no molds are selling out before replenishment lately. If they're business savvy as they seem, this should mean that the stock runs of S-line molds are coming, which is the next avenue DM can use to increase revenue.

I didn't realize the subconscious expectation of a tactic trying to go as far as a zone. Thank you for pointing that out because that was exactly the problem. Adjustment made!

I love this forum.

Also nothing says that you HAVE to have the signature discs.

I could throw:
P1s
P2s
Tactic

Origin
MD3

Essence/ FD
Instinct
CPD

DD3

I would be just fine and my score probably would not hurt too much.

You are likely correct. I can admit that I succumb to the marketing that the "perfect run" will help me when what I really need is more practice. There's no easy fix, but I do prefer the special s-line blend to c-line. As per usual, I'm probably overthinking everything, but perhaps that's what hobbies are for…

You are likely correct. I can admit that I succumb to the marketing that the "perfect run" will help me when what I really need is more practice. There's no easy fix, but I do prefer the special s-line blend to c-line. As per usual, I'm probably overthinking everything, but perhaps that's what hobbies are for…

Every new run is the 'perfect' run. We don't get consensus on actual great runs until 5 years later when everyone wants the 'second' run.

Every new run is the 'perfect' run. We don't get consensus on actual great runs until 5 years later when everyone wants the 'second' run.

This made me chuckle because it's so damn true. I guess I have to find a real way to get better at disc golf.

So…mystery boxes!? Hahahaha

I got a couple from the.....Canadian nationals? or something like that, one of the first batches of them. They're my most stable essence but still go pretty far. Straight to fade in the 320'-350' range for me, if I really get on it I can force little turn, but I always can count on it getting back to center or right of the tee (LHBH)
In comparison, my oldest neo essence in the bag is more of a panning turnover all the way to the ground, my semi fresh (been throwing since last September) neo essence gets a decent amount of turn and then works back to near center in line with the tee (also gets 20-40' more distance)
I have a couple Zen's but never fully clicked with them, they're slightly less stable than the Vapor, but they also don't go as far as the Vapor.

Realistically the vapor essence and my NS2 share the same slot in my bag, but as we're moving into fall I've been reaching for the essence more just because it would be cheaper to replace when it gets buried under the leaves.

Stock stamp Flex 1 P2s are on the Europe site with a countdown.

Will we see these stateside?

Stock stamp Flex 1 P2s are on the Europe site with a countdown.

Will we see these stateside?

Boo. P1 & P2 Flex3 s please! I'm waiting to start a new putter cycle when flex3 comes out. There was a tiny run of fkex3 P2, but by the time I realized…I didn't want the colors.

So...

What is Discmania Stratosphere?

I just came here to post the same damn thing.

Disc reference or new stamp theme? Gotta be something bigger than a disc if they're going to brand patches, hats, shirts, and even bonnet jackets!

My understanding is the new DD1 (Grace) is called the Stratosphere, and the new plastic is called Horizon (Orbit).

They're gonna crib the Grace mold? That would be cool since I haven't seen a Grace in a shop since spring.

My understanding is the new DD1 (Grace) is called the Stratosphere, and the new plastic is called Horizon (Orbit).

Not bad, I guess. I kinda think the Halo/Orbit is going to be very 'dated' down the road. Swirls are betta imo. Does your inside info say the Stratosphere is an 11/5/-1/2 ? I bet it is since I just bought a CD3…

Not bad, I guess. I kinda think the Halo/Orbit is going to be very 'dated' down the road. Swirls are betta imo. Does your inside info say the Stratosphere is an 11/5/-1/2 ? I bet it is since I just bought a CD3…

I don't have any real insider info, just following along with the Facebook groups. The Grace is 11/6/-1/2 so I think it should be in that same ballpark. Perhaps a touch more overstable to make it more Wraith-like, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts