• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ohio Meet Thread

ohio meet 2011

• Gordon Holton / Alum Creek / Brent Hambrick

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Deis Hill / Arboretum-Spiker Park / Lincoln Park

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Buck Creek / Handyman Ace Hardware DGC / Belmont Park

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Pickerington DGC / Flat Rock DGC / Hocking Peaks

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Brent Hambrick / Lobdell Reserve / Horns Hill

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
So I took a new position at work involving the morning shift on Saturday. I may only be able to make it for the sunday portio of the meet. Maybe late Saturday.

hey smoothsailor, weren't you gunna try for the world record on the 30th for most holes in 24hrs? i think i remember seeing it some time back... not sure if you were joking though :)

Holy **** guys. My friends and I went down to play Hocking Peaks today and let me tell you, its a ****ing beast. Hopefully I'll get the pics up tonight.

The course isn't bad, I shot a 57 from the shorts, but the hills are ri-****ing-diculous. Put on your hiking shoes for this one. Also if you do plan on going out and playing here, keep an eye on your plastic, the rough can make it go bye-bye on a few holes pretty easily.

I'm a noob so my opinion probably doesn't count... But I do live in Ohio!

the first Day you could do a show & throw & for people that want some competitin do a tourney on the 2nd day...

having the central location for the 1st meetup sounds great & as mentioned earlier moce it to a diff. Part of Oh the following year (Akron... Then Dayton.. Then hocking hills.. Then toledo )(kinda what GOBA does)

the 3rd & 4th is part of Labor Day weekend... Be nice to go and camp and hang out as a positive... Back to school/summer ending family picnics etc... Are negatives... Although it would make it easier when next year rolls around... It's "labor day weekend"

also don't do "First annual"!

and does Cincy really count as part of Ohio?... Oh yeah (and no Steelers fans! Lol)

just a few thoughts,

sean

I'm a noob so my opinion doesn't count... But I do live in Ohio!

and does Cincy really count as part of Ohio?... Oh yeah (and no Steelers fans! Lol)

just a few thoughts,

sean
I fixed it for you.... :p

Cincy has the best courses in Ohio. Ha!
Now the part about the Steelers, you almost saved yourself. ;)

the first Day you could do a show & throw & for people that want some competitin do a tourney on the 2nd day...

show & throw :confused:

having the central location for the 1st meetup sounds great & as mentioned earlier move it to a diff. Part of Oh the following year (Akron... Then Dayton.. Then hocking hills.. Then toledo )(kinda what GOBA does)

^This :thmbup:

the 3rd & 4th is part of Labor Day weekend... Be nice to go and camp and hang out as a positive... Back to school/summer ending family picnics etc... Are negatives... Although it would make it easier when next year rolls around... It's "labor day weekend"

Labor day, IMO, would be a BAD weekend. People do things with their families, I have a family camping trip every year over this weekend.

also don't do "First annual"!

+1
Wait until at least year 2 for an "annual" anything.

I agree that Labor Day Weekend would probably not be the best option. Not only will the courses be more crowded than usual, getting camp sites for those of us wanting to do the two day option might be hard to get.

I also hate "First Annual". Along with when people say assless chaps. Aren't all chaps assless? If they aren't assless, aren't they just pants?

Anyway, just realized I haven't voted on dates yet, anyone else still have to vote on either, get em in. We should start nailing down solid plans by the end of June.

there is a guy in dayton... I forget his name... who lives near Hazy Shade Disc Golf. He was the first sponsored Discraft player. Maybe someone could wrangle him up for a clinic.

(old school discraft players were pure finesse players.)

That's a great idea. Furthermore if anyone knows some pros/sponsored/open players that might be willing to come out that would be amazing.

Any of you Dayton guys know who cfair is referring to?

I live pretty close to Dayton, so I'll look into it. I know that Matthew Blakley is from Lebanon, OH which is just south of Dayton. He is on the current Discraft tour team.

Someone camp out Roscoe Ewing and wait for the Jenkins to come out. The parents that is. I think Avery and Val only visit from time to time. lol

That would be awesome though if they were lurking and decided to come out. They are still Ohio Disc Golfers no matter where they moved onto after all.

Nice, 44 votes is crazy.

I do think we need to set an end date to voting so we can lay down a plan. I think we should leave both polls open until June 30th, then announce the place and date.

Any objections?

Anyone who hasn't voted in either poll should do so soon, don't forget to vote for the dates in the other thread as well, here's the link again:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36131

Be sure to vote for everyday that you are available.

So I found out some bad news today. The Brent Hambrick course will have 5 holes pulled until spring 2012. They removed them last fall, and it was thought that they would be back in after the Brent Hambrick Memorial Tournament, but they removed them after the tournament.

That still leaves Alum Creek and Gordon Holton, and 22 holes at Brent Hambrick, but I thought I would put it out there.

i don't have a problem with that, especially since i somehow overlooked the fact that it had 27 holes.:)

I will only be able to make it for the Sunday portion of this meet up. The new job won't allow for the Saturday off.