• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ohio Meet Thread

ohio meet 2011

• Gordon Holton / Alum Creek / Brent Hambrick

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Deis Hill / Arboretum-Spiker Park / Lincoln Park

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Buck Creek / Handyman Ace Hardware DGC / Belmont Park

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Pickerington DGC / Flat Rock DGC / Hocking Peaks

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Brent Hambrick / Lobdell Reserve / Horns Hill

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
I think today is the last day to get your vote in for the location, right Smooth?

Are we going to do a poll for the date? Or should we just try to pick a weekend that works best for everyone? I'm pretty sure the only weekend in September that someone doesn't have something going on is the last weekend, September 22-24th.

Any thoughts? What dates would you all prefer?

I message bcr about changing the poll to choose the dates. After that I'm sure well have an issue that needs a poll to change it.

Well keep this new poll up til June 1 to give everyone time to get their votes in. im personally shooting for the weekend of the 10,11 as I already have it as a secured date off.

I would ask him to make it a multiple selection poll so everyone can select all the days that are good for them.

I would ask him to make it a multiple selection poll so everyone can select all the days that are good for them.

I like this idea as well. I think it would give us the best info to pick the date.

Since my home courses were selected I can take the lead on checking out camping/hotels and what not if everyone would like. I know both Alum Creek and Delaware have camping so I can check on pricing on individual sites and group camping if enough people choose to camp. Either way I can see if we can get a block of sites together for those of us that do decide to stay.

Of course all of this will depend on the dates selected.

One thing I will mention, albeit way a head of time, is that we should definitely play Brent Hambrick as early as possible to avoid the crowds. Weekends can get pretty bad, but as long as we make it the first stop, like around 11AM ish we should be fine.

I can drive a group from NE ohio to where ever we go. If I can go. Also I suggest mass carpooling for several reasons.

1) Commitment
2) Get to know one another
3) Make it easier for peeps to come/get around
and 4) set a precedent for future meet ups in people being willing to help one another out, be friendly, and hang out!

so yeah... I'm down.

Any word on getting the poll changed?

I got a response from bcr 2 days ago, but nothing came of it I vuss. If anyone can get a hold of another mod, go for it.

I'm pretty sure though, bcr is at the tournament in the allentown area 5his weekend being hosted by Mr disc golf.

If someone can send me a message with what you want changed/put on a new thread, I would be willing to help. Work is sloooooow today! :)

Pm received, working on it. :)

I can drive a group from NE ohio to where ever we go. If I can go. Also I suggest mass carpooling for several reasons.

1) Commitment
2) Get to know one another
3) Make it easier for peeps to come/get around
and 4) set a precedent for future meet ups in people being willing to help one another out, be friendly, and hang out!

so yeah... I'm down.

I think you mean NW Ohio :D

Just found this thread - definitely interested and I voted in both polls.

Prefer one day but will probably play two.

Thanks to those who are organizing!

I'm interested, but likely would only be able to participate if it were the NE oHIo option of Arboretum, Lincoln, Deis.

Thanks RTS for the heads up on this thread
I have contributed a vote but the final decision matters not to me. I will be down any way it goes.