• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ohio Meet Thread

ohio meet 2011

• Gordon Holton / Alum Creek / Brent Hambrick

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Deis Hill / Arboretum-Spiker Park / Lincoln Park

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Buck Creek / Handyman Ace Hardware DGC / Belmont Park

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Pickerington DGC / Flat Rock DGC / Hocking Peaks

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Brent Hambrick / Lobdell Reserve / Horns Hill

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
10 days left to vote in each poll then we'll stop taking votes and get down to business.

Sucks that you'll only be able to do one day Smooth, but it'll be one hell of a day I'll tell you that. I have a few ideas for tournaments, CTP, and other stuff. I have a couple discs, and what not, that I plan to donate for prizes, the whole meetup should be pretty sweet. Once the voting is done we can start to talk details and hopefully we'll have a great turnout.

keep me in the loop. I'm still willing to drive anyone from NW Ohio. But I'd also love to help set up or anything else. Small note if you want some thing designed (small flyer or ad) I can do it pretty quick.

Chris, I'd definitely roll down with you. I've got a tent and gas money.

Also, I have a protostar Wahoo I plan on making into a clock that I'm donating for a CTP. Protostar stamps make the best clocks, 12 3 6 and 9 are already marked :D

I've got a pair of Toledo Zoo tickets I may donate as well, but I may save them for a local event. The problem is that they expire at the end of the year, so if people from other parts of the state would like a chance at them, please let me know here.

Just found this thread, and I am a noob but I am totally down for this. I could get 3 or 4 friends out too.

Subscribing now to keep up to date! This should be fun!

Just found this thread, and I am a noob but I am totally down for this. I could get 3 or 4 friends out too.

Subscribing now to keep up to date! This should be fun!

Welcome to the site, sport, and thread. If you haven't voted in both polls go ahead and do so. Here's the link to the poll for the dates, just mark down all the dates you think you will be available.

It should be a great time and maybe you can pick up a few tips from some of the more experienced players if you are interested. Good idea subscribing to the thread. There will be a lot of discussion in the next couple weeks I'm sure. The polls will be closing at the end of the month and we'll start laying down all the details. The more minds the merrier so if you have an ideas feel free to speak up.

Yeah I voted on my Course choice, I went with 1. They are closest to me, and I havent played Gordon Holton yet.

I have been playing pretty much every weekend I can and I joined a club through my work where I met a couple pretty good players and I am sure they would be down for this as well.

I am checking my schedule tonight on the dates.

Weird though, I chose instant notification by email on my subscription and it isnt working. Hmmm....

Yeah I voted on my Course choice, I went with 1. They are closest to me, and I havent played Gordon Holton yet.

I have been playing pretty much every weekend I can and I joined a club through my work where I met a couple pretty good players and I am sure they would be down for this as well.

I am checking my schedule tonight on the dates.

Weird though, I chose instant notification by email on my subscription and it isnt working. Hmmm....

Gordon Holton is probably my personal favorite out of the three, its a really nice course, but then again, they are all pretty good.

The instant notification sometimes takes an extra couple minutes for whatever reason, but it should show up sooner or later.

Yeah I really like Alum Creek and BH. All though last weekend at Alum I seemed to be ablt to do nothing but hit trees. LOL

We are playing Glacier Ridge Saturday. My first time there. Looks like an interesting course.

And I still have yet to get an email notification. Weird.

Yeah I really like Alum Creek and BH. All though last weekend at Alum I seemed to be ablt to do nothing but hit trees. LOL

We are playing Glacier Ridge Saturday. My first time there. Looks like an interesting course.

And I still have yet to get an email notification. Weird.

Glacier is a great course for beginners, but can be a little meh once players start to get a little better. The wind can really be a beast out there though, adds a little challenge.

Alum Creek and Gordon Holton were designed by some of the same folks so if you like Alum you'll love Gordon Holton.

Its very strange that you aren't getting emails, maybe try unsubscribing and subscribing again. If that doesn't work, maybe send a message to TimG and he may be able to help you out.

I may have to suggest Gordon Holton for our trip next week.

I sent my buddy a lick to this thread for him to come check out.

Oh and I figured out my issue, my domain name expired so I have to get it reset before I get any email. Explains alot. LOL

I may have to suggest Gordon Holton for our trip next week.

I sent my buddy a lick to this thread for him to come check out.

Oh and I figured out my issue, my domain name expired so I have to get it reset before I get any email. Explains alot. LOL

I highly recommend getting out to Delaware whenever you can, it's definitely a nice course and its immaculate shape right now since there was a tourney there this past weekend.

I don't know if you've been out to Pickerington yet or not, but that's another great course as well.

Just joined guys and I havent gone through this thread yet, Have you guys ever met up at Roscoe Ewing park in medina?

Just joined guys and I havent gone through this thread yet, Have you guys ever met up at Roscoe Ewing park in medina?

This is going to be the first ever Ohio meetup. I think the plan is to try to make the first one centralized and play new courses in a different part of the state each time.

This is going to be the first ever Ohio meetup. I think the plan is to try to make the first one centralized and play new courses in a different part of the state each time.

gotcha! wedding 1st week of sep , ace race 2nd week in sept so if you guys do it on a diff date count me in!

Right now its looking like the last weekend, we'll know in a couple days. I think we are making it official on Thursday night/Friday morning. Should be a great time, hopefully there will be a good turn out.

I Usually go sunday mornings, so if your ever going on a sunday send me a message!

Really? I have been out there on Sunday mornings a few times. Fat guy with a 49ers hat and a bright blue SUV. lol