• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Photon (11-12 Speed) Distance Driver

Mmmmm tastey.

I am really loving my Fission Photon. The rim size is so perfect. Super fun disc to throw and I'm getting some great distance with it.

Bradford DGC, #11

This is about 375 to bucket, slight uphill, headwind. (And the cedars are maybe a little taller now?)
I have usually not been able to clear the cedars entirely (approx 350') without throwing something like a Tern, something flippy, which is dangerous with the wind generally in your face on this one.

153 Photon made it pretty easily yesterday in a tourney. Didn't flip too much in the wind, faded back. Left me a putt just outside circle (which I airballed of course.)

The only limitation I'm finding with these, is, it's like my body doesn't trust them to be as HS stable/as good in the wind as they are.

The only limitation I'm finding with these, is, it's like my body doesn't trust them to be as HS stable/as good in the wind as they are.

Same here.

I'm loving these discs for huge hyzers and anhyzers, but I'm not throwing them for hyzer flip distance like I do my Destroyers because I'm not used to throwing a 150 class disc like that. I'm just that much more comfortable with my 170g Destroyers.

I don't know if I want to work on this, or just see what happens with an N Photon.

The max weight Neutron Photons are real nice. Straight to fade no matter how hard I rip them FH or BH, but good distance too. Excited to work one in and see how it seasons.

Still gonna bag a Fission. Probably gonna go with a max weight & 160 Photon, and a Wave for my max D setup.

Today the winds were BLOWING and the neutrons performed very, very well. Exactly what you would expect from the heavier weights with a little more stability in general but still the same disc. I can RIP the 164g fission on the same lines and it was very similar the the 166g neutron. The max weights really do remind me of a nice OS destroyer which will flip into flat from slight hyzer and ride out straight for a long time with a nice fade at the end or turn just a bit from flat and come back hard to finish.

I like the feel of the regular neutron plastic vs fission and can see this being the first MVP distance driver to get the proton treatment. I was not sold on the fission versions at first but after a day in Duluth with mine and today im seeing where this mold is a great addition to the MVP bag. The very light 135-45g pair up really well with the 165+ for unique lines and the neutron plastic max weights are going to be go-to distance drivers which hold up to, whatevaaaaa.

Photon is in the bag 4 shizzle.

Will have my video up on Wednesday (featuring a giveaway!)

This disc is great. Instant distance for me. My longest throws in the last year have been with the Fission Photon. Insane. I also like how reliable it is..when this disc doesn't fly the line I want (as it does several times in my video) I know it's ME and not the disc. Also surprisingly good for overhand shots.

One gripe...it seems like the overmold isn't bulletproof like usual. Anyone else experiencing this? Mine is a 159 and the flight plate is actually perfect...no scuffs or dings. But the overmold is pretty beat with some chunkage taken out. I find this bizarre because that is generally the most durable part of an MVP/Axiom disc.

I hit a chainlink fence twice today doing some field work with mine and not problem at max weight. it is possible the overmold is less dense with the lighter weight really. Makes sense why fission plastic is so durable in the rim area.

Wish i had a chance to throw these more. Was going to get out today but thats not looking like its happening.

I really think this disc will be a staple in my bag for years to come like the volt and ion have become.

I picked up a 173 white photon this morning. I threw one good shot with it on the mando hole 3 at Mt Airy, then pretty much fell apart on the tees for most of the round, b4 throwing a nice shot with my wave on 13. Didn't really get a chance to get a feel for this disc yet. Though I will say the one good shot I threw with it, it sailed on a tight hyzer line and might be the first time I have been past the mando hole short basket off the tee.

Got a chance to rip the production N photon some more today. Love it! Fast and just the perfect stability i want in a distance driver. I cannot wait until i get one to start tp season up a little. Been a while since ive thrown anything fast like this disc which i was excited about. Cannons were close but hard to replace "the one"... Love the fact the max weight fission is just a more glidey version of the stock runs. The super light give that understable flight which is cool too but not something ill bag really seems more geared towards new players.

For the few that have gotten out and thoroughly tested the N Photons: Is there a huge difference in distance capability and stability between the Wrath & Photon?

I get easier D and noticeably longer than any of the MVP 10 speeds or my lover the volt. Id say YES. These are fast and fly like true distance drivers.

I'm finding these noticeably longer than my Wraths, with more fade too. I like the way they fly on flex distance lines!

Latest posts