• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Worlds biggest stamps have been on discs since atleast the early 90's and have been on tons of molds. You side its champ which narrows it slightly, but it's going to be tough to tell. Pictures might help.

I went by the local PIAS and pick up an interesting disc. The stamp caught my eye first.

PDGA Amateur World MMI (2001) Disc Golf Championships - Nashville, Tennessee.

There is a stick figure throwing a disc on top of the roman numerals.

Picked it up and it is a Teebird and it feels like 10x plastic. Can anyone confirm the discs that had this stamp for this event? I believe Climo won his 10th in 2000 so it is a possibilty.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Doubt it. I've only seen a handful of KCs that were a full tourny stamp. Most had the kc stamp and a smaller tourny logo.

Roy said:
Worlds biggest stamps have been on discs since atleast the early 90's and have been on tons of molds. You side its champ which narrows it slightly, but it's going to be tough to tell. Pictures might help.

Here it is. It doesn't appear to match an eagle-x, TB, Valk (closest match), Orc or New mold beast. From what I've seen the stamp is not from 99, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 or 2009 (unless they made multiple stamps). I'm holding out hope it's from a CE year.

Pics:
4388928862_07fafa8398_b.jpg

4388165187_b107b1e192_b.jpg

Wing is too flat for a Firebird. My guess is old mold Beast, which could be appropriate for your time period.

mason65 said:
Wing is too flat for a Firebird. My guess is old mold Beast, which could be appropriate for your time period.
x2

The Worlds Biggest stamp was on the old mold Beast in '04. I have a few of these, but here's a link to an auction with one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/171G-INNOVA-ORIGINAL-MOLD-CHAMPION-BEAST-GOLF-DISC_W0QQitemZ370339036677QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5639ed3e05

I can spot that pearly plastic from a mile away, and the only discs which are pearly like that and look like the disc you've shown in the pics are the Orc and old mold Beast.

Edit: Just held up an old mold Beast to your pic of the wing and it's a match. Old mold Beast is is!!!

Mr. Plow said:
mason65 said:
x2

The Worlds Biggest stamp was on the old mold Beast in '04. I have a few of these, but here's a link to an auction with one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/171G-INNOVA-ORIGINAL-MOLD-CHAMPION-BEAST-GOLF-DISC_W0QQitemZ370339036677QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5639ed3e05

I can spot that pearly plastic from a mile away, and the only discs which are pearly like that and look like the disc you've shown in the pics are the Orc and old mold Beast.

Edit: Just held up an old mold Beast to your pic of the wing and it's a match. Old mold Beast is is!!!

YES! That means I win the disc, right? 8)

I dont know it's a sure thing... when I hold my OM beast up to the picture it seems the beast have more concave to it. It's closer to the beast than the viking though. I have both and held them up to the profile pic.

I cleared up your pic on a photo program(my apologies) and it looked to me then like an old mold beast. This would also fit well because that kind of champ plastic was abundant with the OM beast.

Somebody in my area is kind enough to keep the local PIAS stocked up with nicely seasoned Rocs. I'm building up a nice supply of them for pennies. 8)

Mr. Plow said:
mason65 said:
x2

Hey that's the right stamp too!

picked up a CE QMS today for $4.99 probably about 7.5 or 8 out of 10. Got home and my champ PD and TB+ were waiting for me in the mail box. Good day for a plastic whore.

I went to an out of town PIAS today and found 3 Elite pro X2's in 7/10 or above condition, 3 Elite Pro XL's including one first run all in 7/10 or above condition, 2 TP Cyclones 7/10+. I never usually look at Innova stuff but they even had a couple of old DX Ravens and a few older looking Stingrays etc. They even had a Chalky TP Cyclone that was NEW. I almost bought that one but I remembered hearing something "bad" about the chalkies. I may have to go back and get it. :twisted:

Latest posts