• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

new013 said:
yup... apparently somebody bought a CE Eagle, threw it a handful of times and then tossed it in the drink. then one of the 'i comb ponds for discs to sell at PIAS guys found it' and i guess didn't realize what it was. the stamp is faded but the disc is in such great shape that most of the flashing is still on the edges. i couldn't believe it when i saw it, the guy at PIAS did realize what it was and wanted $15 for it but I gladly paid it and took it home.
i dont think the people at my PIAS know the difference between dx and star besides the price, let alone what CE is.

One of the PIAS's in my area is like that, I think a couple of the guys have played dg but don't really know that much about it.

The one I scored this from always has these guys there that are really in to the sport and you can ask them about discs coming in and stuff like that, I prefer to go there. They care enough to sort the discs on the shelf so it's easy to find what you're looking for.

Not that either of these are amazing but I got a esp zone and a crystal avenger ss for 5 bucks each the other day. I have been wanting to try an esp zone for awhile now so it worked out well and now I can say I own a crystal ass now so that is fun to.

Snagged a glow CFR Aviar today for $6, I can't find a scuff on it. I'm not an Avair thrower but just looking to build a glow set....now to find the elusive glow buzzz on the cheap.

I saw a 169 Pro Rhyno brand new in PIAS today. Not that it's a superb find it's just that I never expected to see a brand new OOP disc in there. I also saw two 150 Pro Pigs... I didn't even know they existed.

new013 said:
I saw a 169 Pro Rhyno brand new in PIAS today. Not that it's a superb find it's just that I never expected to see a brand new OOP disc in there. I also saw two 150 Pro Pigs... I didn't even know they existed.
may local shop has like 15 169 pro rhynos. nobody wants the lower weight ones

new013 said:

Places around here can't give away the 150 pro pigs. I think chuck has like 6 in his payout bins that have just been sitting there forever.

Frank Delicious said:
new013 said:

Places around here can't give away the 150 pro pigs. I think chuck has like 6 in his payout bins that have just been sitting there forever.
150 Pro Pigs still come in from Innova when you order R-Pro Pigs

worthless.

that is hilarious. my eyes lit up when i saw it and then i immediately flipped it over and saw the 150... talk about a heart breaker.

all at PIAS for about 8/10 @ $8.99

11x KC Pro Gazelle - dark red ce stuff
CE QJLS - blood red color, my favorite color CEQJ
Tulsa Orc - red

8.99 is a bit expensive for what I usually buy used stuff at, but I figured I could resell the Gazelle and Orc and make at least double on those 2 discs

1st run Star Destroyer, 7/10.

Older star-stamped Echo Star Destroyer, 9/10.

Play it again sports? Went there before I knew anything about disc golf to buy my 1st disc, 14.99 for a champion Roadrunner, might go back and check it out again and see what they got lol.

a buddy of mine texted me the other day saying he's working part time again at my local PIAS. he then proceeded to tell me that some kid brought in 2 11x teebirds and a ce eagle and that he snatched them up after they took them in for $15. haha makes me sick to my stomach because he's the only one there who knows good plastic and is going to snatch up all the good stuff before it ever sees the light of day.

The PIAS where I live now in Charlotte knows disc golf veerrrry well. Too well.

The only used disc I've found worth anything was a zipper top champ rhyno. When I was buying it he asked why it was special, I told him I normally look for the zipper topped rhynos as I've found them to be a bit older and more stable. I came in last week, and he told me about how he's looking at used rhyno's more carefully when they come in now... I'm not telling him ANYTHING anymore :(

Used Bin Rule #1 (and this applies to both sides of the retail counter)...

NEVER TELL THEM STUFF THEY DON'T KNOW

it's no good for anyone.
i'm guilty of hardcore poker-facing when someone brings in the juice.