• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Q: How do the snakes carry their assault weapons?
A: In their mouths.

:|
Sorry. Sometimes I have a strange sense of humor.

If you're gonna throw into a bush/tree ...it's nice to have the sun shining through the champ i-dye plastic.

Not sure I should drop this here or in the not cool disc golf photo thread. A tee sign from the new course at Ava Maria, FL. Yes, that is a 390' par six. One of my crew got his first Albatross!

99425357_2545837555516179_7671783670604103680_n.jpg

A 390'ft Par 6? :rolleyes:

Even if it were well wooded and going up a pretty decent hill, that should be a par 4 at best.
My vote is for the uncool thread.

Pretty wide open and a lake that would be hard for even me to throw into. And South Florida flat.

Pretty wide open and a lake that would be hard for even me to throw into. And South Florida flat.
Sounds like an advanced player could card 2, for a "condor."

Imagine an Ace. You should never be able to get 5 under ....on a single hole.

-------

I've changed my mind. It doesn't belong in the not cool photo thread. It belongs in the What is par? thread.

Not sure I should drop this here or in the not cool disc golf photo thread. A tee sign from the new course at Ava Maria, FL. Yes, that is a 390' par six. One of my crew got his first Albatross!

99425357_2545837555516179_7671783670604103680_n.jpg

Sounds like the course par par5s at Winton Woods under 300ft...

...I've many an albatross on those, lol...;)

This is why my local course Powerhouse Ally in Ohae Downstream State park/rec area hole 7 par 5 go changed from a 4 that is 514 feet original or 567 from long alternate tee made at about this time in 2000's got changed in 2005 due to the Wraith and the Surge from a par 5 to par 4. Even that is tough to play a par 5 on. Hole 8 has changed length on this site due to being too close to an amphitheater area that is very rarely used, now is 300 A and 290 standard pin, the amphitheater has since removed the seats it had in 2000's some time in 2000's. I have a hard time changing the holes or adding a new tee set on here so yeah and on PDGA impossible as I need a PDGA renewal to do so.

If you're gonna throw into a bush/tree ...it's nice to have the sun shining through the champ i-dye plastic.

Yes as long as the person is not in California with the old 2 meter rule. Which if California had its way we would still use the 2 meter rules for entire PDGA for trees bushes and other items. I had to check and see if the person was in California or not. No so even if too high the disc is in bounds. Only a few courses in California would have this problem.

Sounds like an advanced player could card 2, for a "condor."

Imagine an Ace. You should never be able to get 5 under ....on a single hole.

-------

I've changed my mind. It doesn't belong in the not cool photo thread. It belongs in the What is par? thread.

Yep this is a good example of a no do not make par this.

Yes and they need to also take the John Houck class of par, if he is still living. I thoughtI read on her he had Cancer or other bad illness?

Thanks, Casey. I am always intrigued by that kind of rumor. This is now one of my all-time favorites.

Needless to say, with a hat tip to Mark Twain, the rumors of my imminent demise are greatly exaggerated. As far as I know, my health is great, and I'm still designing. And getting better all the time, as far as I can tell.

If you happen to find where you heard about my illness, please send a link. I'd love to see it. Probably wishful thinking on someone's part.

Needless to say, with a hat tip to Mark Twain, the rumors of my imminent demise are greatly exaggerated. As far as I know, my health is great, and I'm still designing. And getting better all the time, as far as I can tell.
Very glad to hear this :thmbup:
Big fan of your work, and hope to play even more of your courses!

Thanks, Casey. I am always intrigued by that kind of rumor. This is now one of my all-time favorites.

If you happen to find where you heard about my illness, please send a link. I'd love to see it. Probably wishful thinking on someone's part.

Can we trust you now that you're over 60?!?!?

fGFisx0.jpg

May 22, the last of the snow on the Calumet Lake Disc Golf Course. (the snow is well off a fairway, but it is a fairly large amount)

Latest posts