• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Thanks, Casey. I am always intrigued by that kind of rumor. This is now one of my all-time favorites.

Needless to say, with a hat tip to Mark Twain, the rumors of my imminent demise are greatly exaggerated. As far as I know, my health is great, and I'm still designing. And getting better all the time, as far as I can tell.

If you happen to find where you heard about my illness, please send a link. I'd love to see it. Probably wishful thinking on someone's part.
Holy crap, this is an honor. Since you're here, thank you for Hobbs Farm. Well done sir.

were-not-worthy.jpg

Can we trust you now that you're over 60?!?!?

Can you trust me to tell the truth? Of course.

Can you trust me to know if I'm still alive or not? Probably, yeah.

Can you trust me to remember stuff from my past... hmmm... by the way, do I know you?

Thanks, Dwayne. I hope so, too. Looking forward to getting one in Michigan one of these days.

It would be more than great nice to play one of your courses with less than a 10 hr drive and a motel stay.
If there's any way I can help make that happen, don't hesitate to reach out!

JH,

I've played Rock Ridge more than any other course, over an hour away. Fine job sir!
Looking forward to your next NC gem!

They set par appropriately for 500-rated players. I'm not sure what name or color-code to assign to that skill level.

Green. Both for the gangrene that must have infected your arm to make you throw so pitifully, as well as the grass and schule you lose all your plastic in.

Unless you're under the age of 12, then you're just a greenhorn ;)

Thanks, Casey. I am always intrigued by that kind of rumor. This is now one of my all-time favorites.

Needless to say, with a hat tip to Mark Twain, the rumors of my imminent demise are greatly exaggerated. As far as I know, my health is great, and I'm still designing. And getting better all the time, as far as I can tell.

If you happen to find where you heard about my illness, please send a link. I'd love to see it. Probably wishful thinking on someone's part.

I am convinced there are voices in Casey's head, that tell him to simply make stuff up and post it as truth.

I might suggest that the veracity of anything Casey posts is greatly exaggerated. :|:|

If I ever find the course that was claimed to Originally be made by you on a golf course , I will send link to that as well as link the persons post taking about the site, they dropped You as the design and went with a local it seemed who told them what baskets to get, they now have Mach II or old cage Mach V now, it is hard to tell as the course pictures are poor. The place that got it done made others thought that you were in poor health due to the course using cut corner stuff originally.

Before the course had these cheep all metal untreated baskets that looked like the old oop plastic Quest AT bubble basket made by a brand that actually tried to get the basket PDGA approved, that and a Oddly done tee pad where they put Turf on the concrete when wet to help make the turf permanent to the concrete. Some of the old pictures are on this websites Disc golf course page with the old baskets showing old to new to get people back out on the course, I think the course was in Texas or Ohio on a traditional golf course that also has extra woods to build the course. The pads were kept though for the course.

I think you could have done the recommendation list of baskets and just strictly the design and the traditional golf course went ahead with a different basket they already bought originally. I mean looking at the course it is in a similar style to something you would build already just the long hole made longer then what you would normally make so they took that and made it a bit longer to fill the course to the Golf course.

IMhpmnZ_d.jpg

I must love this sport to get out of bed at 6:30 on a Saturday morning.

Just lovely---is that Hobbs Farm? I was in Newnan again this Christmas and chose to play some new stuff southeast of there instead of going back to Hobbs, and only afterwards realized what a terrible decision I'd made. :(

It would be more than great nice to play one of your courses with less than a 10 hr drive and a motel stay.
If there's any way I can help make that happen, don't hesitate to reach out!

Got you covered, Dwayne. Two top-tier courses within 7 hours of Walled Lake, both with lodging, and both opening this year (unless the world turns upside down again). Will send you a PM also.

Let me think about this for a second..."Excuse me miss, I have a problem!":D

Oh, you're THAT guy. I remember now...

JH,

I've played Rock Ridge more than any other course, over an hour away. Fine job sir!
Looking forward to your next NC gem!

Thanks so much, Paul. It says a lot that you're willing to make that drive. I sure would love to work in NC again. At least I got to help with 3-4 holes at the DGCPT Championships last year in Charlotte. What a great state for disc golf.

If I ever find the course that was claimed to Originally be made by you on a golf course , I will send link to that as well as link the persons post taking about the site ...

Before the course had these cheep all metal untreated baskets that looked like the old oop plastic Quest AT bubble basket...

I mean looking at the course it is in a similar style to something you would build already just the long hole made longer then what you would normally make so they took that and made it a bit longer to fill the course to the Golf course.

Yes, Casey, please send a link when you find it. None of that is really ringing a bell. Thanks.

Now, back to posting cool photos!

How cool, I'm a big fan of your work John. I live in Round Rock TX and there are several courses you designed within 10 minutes of me. Some are very popular like Cat Hollow, Old Settlers and Williamson County. Funny thing is, my favorite is probably the one that gets played the least, a 9 hole over behind Brushy Creek Sports Park. That has to be one of the most epic 9 hole courses I've ever seen. Beautiful scenery, super tough lines, just an incredible course. Anyways, thanks for all the fantastic work you've done here in Texas :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts