• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Atchison Memorial Park. Lyon Township, Michigan

jkjMgl7.jpg

Cass Benton, Northville Michigan #3 long pad

8jUpiKU.jpg

Cass Benton, Northville Michigan #3 long pad

8jUpiKU.jpg
Perhaps the best permanent hole in the Metro Detroit area (either that, or Addison Oaks #1). That pine on the right side of the fairways has ruined too many of my tee shots. :eek:

Last edited:
Fairway of #15, Valley Springs DGC in Durham, NC

Well this pic didn't upload correctly...

attachment.php

Attachments

• A7AD217B-68A2-4CBB-A678-FA4D753B4B08.jpeg
    A7AD217B-68A2-4CBB-A678-FA4D753B4B08.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 378
Got to play West Winds DGC in New Market, MD last Friday, before the official course opening. I'm more of a "woods golf" guy, but for a distinct change, the course was a lot of fun.

Nice Jim! I have a buddy who lives near there, and we hope to play West Winds soon.

(and I'm also more of a "woods golf" guy)

Got to play West Winds DGC in New Market, MD last Friday, before the official course opening. I'm more of a "woods golf" guy, but for a distinct change, the course was a lot of fun.

I could really do with some more open golf courses local to me. There seems to be a trend of ball golf courses getting turned into DGCs. I wonder if this is still fallout from 2008? In any case, that course looks like a nice change of pace from worrying about first available on every tee.

Check out the course here
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=11557&mode=lf

and here
https://westwindsdiscgolf.sport.blog/preparation-for-your-visit/

What's up with hole 7 (757') hole 15 (702') and hole 16 (636') being listed as par 3s from the pro tee, and not pro par 4 holes? :confused:

What's up with hole 7 (757') hole 15 (702') and hole 16 (636') being listed as par 3s from the pro tee, and not pro par 4 holes? :confused:

Judging by the tee signs, they'd be extremely soft to be listed as a pro par 4. I'd expect most pros to get 3 on each of them.

The course just opened to the public today. When I played it last Friday, Joseph said that there were some things that are still to be tweaked. I'm not sure what all that means. But I don't think that the tee signs, as currently shown on the website, are finished. I was just watching the hole run throughs and it said that on hole #7, for example, it could be a pro par 3 or 4, or jr/am par 4 or 5 depending on the layout.

https://westwindsdiscgolf.sport.blog/course-tour/

Central Assembly of God DGC

picture.php

This picture is of the approach on Hole #6, the only truly wooded hole on the course. I like how the sun filtered through the trees and right onto the basket.

I'm in the process of painting the baskets as the old red color is fading and the visibility is lacking. I'm also adding new flags, basket #s on the poles, and painting basket rungs red and white to point to the next tees. Four are finished except for the directional rungs that I'll do all at once when they're all finished. Five to go.

Just noticed that I left my tools in the pic.

picture.php

This picture is of the approach on Hole #6, the only truly wooded hole on the course. I like how the sun filtered through the trees and right onto the basket.

I'm in the process of painting the baskets as the old red color is fading and the visibility is lacking. I'm also adding new flags, basket #s on the poles, and painting basket rungs red and white to point to the next tees. Four are finished except for the directional rungs that I'll do all at once when they're all finished. Five to go.

Just noticed that I left my tools in the pic.

I think Yellow is a great choice, I am used to baskets with yellow thanks to Innova top bands and others making all yellow due in part to to other brands like Hiveworks copying and then Latitude with a Goldenrod yellow orange color.

Hole #9 tee at Leigh Farms Park. This is hole #2 on "birdie hill", with 3 gettable par 3s.

In my head, I call this hole "Alice in Chains"

"Here come the rooster, ya know he ain't gonna die."

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BB641DA4-9593-4B4D-9A89-24F2B15D0404.jpg
    BB641DA4-9593-4B4D-9A89-24F2B15D0404.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 230
  • E86661E1-CB72-44E0-89FE-D2BBF834C94F.jpg
    E86661E1-CB72-44E0-89FE-D2BBF834C94F.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 234
Man, all those hours on the road has really started to take its' toll on Nate... but on the bright side, I suppose PPE modeling should be able to pay the bills.

Attachments

• S-17937BR.jpg
    S-17937BR.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts