• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf winter photo

This is a pic from around 1995, Ken and I recently teamed back up and are a menace on all courses within reach. I will try to get some decent modern winter shots soon.

Attachments

• snowville.jpg
    snowville.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
picture.php

A picture of Creek Ridge's fairway on Hole #2. This was the beginning of the lake-effect snow storm that ended up dumping between 16-22 inches on my hometown between Sunday and Monday. I'm guessing the 16" is waay on the conservative side. Yes, I was out in it, obviously. I had a blast!

picture.php

Another shot of the snow storm. Creek Ridge, number 4's teepad. The snow flakes were HUGE. As I would walk to my disc, the snow would literally build up on my face because of the wind. Crazy!

picture.php

^Two days before the big snow storm hit at Rogers Lakewood. #7's basket.

picture.php

^Some berries that opened up with the snow. A major plus to discing (for me at least) is seeing the changes that take place in nature over the course of a year. :cool: I find I end up taking more "nature" pictures than I do "discin'" pictures.

Here's a few from Veterans Park in Lexington - 12/4 & 12/5

Teeing Off on Hole #18 - 12/4
picture.php

Motley on Hole#15 - 12/5
picture.php

Drew on #16 - 12/5
picture.php

Landon putting on #15 - 12/5
picture.php

Seneca Creek, 12-17-10. We were first on the course after the snow last week.

Sending a River up a virgin fairway - looks like it's on target to slam that tree but in fact I skimmed right by and got a decent shot out of it.

IMG_5476.jpg

A roller's end

IMG_5467.jpg

Uncle Bob about to hit the basket for a miss.

IMG_5454.jpg

Shoveling the tee

IMG_5458.jpg

Leo's lie

IMG_5482.jpg

Cool pics. I like the Innova roller...

It took us almost a half hour to find this disc. It ended up inside a footprint, so deep I had to climb on a rock and look down before I found it...funny stuff. Love the winter disc shots.

1125530728_LYYGH-Ti.jpg
1125531423_GnqKj-Ti.jpg

Keep 'em up...

Christmas Day in Truckee, CA.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Attachments

• 1137057667_KFHy4-Ti.jpg
    1137057667_KFHy4-Ti.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 1137060944_bsrcm-Ti.jpg
    1137060944_bsrcm-Ti.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 247
  • 1137057603_FLdPh-Ti.jpg
    1137057603_FLdPh-Ti.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Truckee is a fun course. I am looking forward to when I can get back there and play the Tahoe courses as well. Cool pics.

Yea, it's a good time. There's a new course at the Sierra College here. Unfortunately, there are no signs yet, so it's hard in the snow. Maybe next year we'll be able to play that one in the winter, too.

Come back soon.

We got a few more inches last night. Overall at the course, there's about a foot and a half. If you break through when walking the course, you can sink to about the knee in some spots.

Mostly it's solid underneath. Think we're going to Condon in Grass Valley, CA today for some throws. They're about 2000', so no snow. It'll be risky today at Truckee because of the new snow. Might loose a disk. It's about an hour to Condon, so no big deal.

Here in So Cal, our winters are not very "snowy"! I did go out this past Sunday after a good rain... cold and foggy... Early morning. Here is my winter DG pic....
IMG00132-1.jpg

i would love to post some pics but we havent had anything but a dusting or two out here:(

Here in So Cal, our winters are not very "snowy"! I did go out this past Sunday after a good rain... cold and foggy... Early morning. Here is my winter DG pic....
IMG00132-1.jpg

It's true, Winter pics don't necessarily mean snow pics... I guess. ;) Roughin' it there in So Cal with the "cold" weather. What was it... 50? (Can you sense my jealousy?)

Latest posts