• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf winter photo

Yea, took the sweatshirt off around 8th hole. It was nice, nice, nice.

This is the beauty of living in California.

Truckee is looking nice in the winter... When I go up to do some snoboarding I'm going to have to play it again in the snow.

IMG_2766.jpg

I'm not sure which is more amazing, the piles of pristine snow on y'all's courses or the lack of gloves, hats, or even coats in some cases, that y'all are sporting during your snow rounds. How do you keep your fingers warm?

I'm not sure which is more amazing, the piles of pristine snow on y'all's courses or the lack of gloves, hats, or even coats in some cases, that y'all are sporting during your snow rounds. How do you keep your fingers warm?

MN gets really cold. I'm sure the people living there are used to it. Now when it gets cold in the Pacific NW, you'll really see some cold weather wusses. :p

Yeah, it was kinda cold out at my course this morning.

Attachments

• Looming.jpg
    Looming.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 92

In my picture it is about 13 degree's out.

I have three long sleeve shirts, with a forth long sleeve UnderArmor shirt with a t-shirt over that with a sweatshirt over it all. Jeans, contruction boots with wool socks, a stocking cap with my hood. When I start the round my hands are cold, freaking cold. By the 8th or 9th hole I am usually taking off my gloves for good once the blood starts to flow freely. By the time the 19th hole comes around I will start to shed my sweatshirt if the wind is low. It's not bad, my best is -7 for 9 holes at my local course. So far since the snow has come I have had -6 once, -5 maybe 6 or 7 times and -2-3-4 all the rest of the times. I guess I had -1 once but I slipped into a running stream and my foot was soaked and my right boot wouldn't bend at all since it froze. It was also our first night/snow/glow round this winter.

Here's a pic from our snow glow round tonight... 17 degrees out :thmbup:.

UV%20Light%20002.jpg

The coolest ( literally and figuratively) winter disc golf picture I have seen is one from Fountain Hills DGC in Arizona.

I saw it on a disc at Spinners, I think it was a fundraiser disc for the Memorial in 2007.

The picture was of a basket with icicles dripping off of it, I think it had the fountain in the background. Icicles in Arizonee ! :eek:

If any of you have that picture on the disc, or just the picture of the basket with icicles, please share it, its awesome.

I'm sure it was a Discraft disc, but not sure what model.

You keep your fingers and toes warm by keeping your torso warm. When your vital organs start to get chilled, your body pulls blood (and heat) in from the extremities in an attempt to save your life at the expense of your digits. That's what makes fingers cold.

With enough insulation around your torso (and head and legs for serious cold) it's no problem to go gloveless even at very low temperatures. Your body can push enough heat out to your hands to keep them warm - IF you are keeping the heat in around your body.

Have you seen pictures of Inuits hunting and fishing without gloves?

And remember, cotton kills. Don't wear it in the cold.

Oh, here's another picture to make this post compliant.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 68