• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf winter photo

A few from my recent weekend at Highbridge for my buddy's bachelor party...sadly, the drifting got so bad the night we arrived and the sleds proved to be somewhat unreliable, so there wasn't much discing to be had. Still, great times in the Honka House, stayed nice and toasty and enjoyed some winter hot tubbin'!

Cruisin' on Highbridge Gold #15 on one of John's vintage rental sleds:
DSC02425.jpg

The signature island hole, Highbridge Gold #16:
DSC02423.jpg

Since we couldn't do a full round (or even half a round), we did a friendly wager with a ring-of-fire-style toss (which I lost, partly due to attempting to throw with my opposite hand while snapping this pic):
DSC02427.jpg

So you are telling me that you took snowmobiles around the course while you played? Is it completely navigable by snowmobile? When can I come with you since I do not have a snowmobile?

Well, first off, John kind of used our group for a trial run of winter activities he's had planned for a while now. He originally had 4 vintage snowmobiles, then only 3 when we arrived (we brought 2 of our own), and of those 3 only 1 ended up working reliably, so he's got some maintenance to keep up on if he wants to make "vintage snowmodiscing" a reality. There are some trails winding around his property, but he didn't groom the fairways, so there were drifts anywhere from ankle deep to sack deep (he says he intends to compact and groom the snow on at least Blueberry to make it playable, but again hadn't done this for us; I think he was more or less looking for our feedback on how to make winter discing plausible and enjoyable). So yeah, it was a blast, even without discing, and I'll definitely do a winter trip up there again if he takes care of those minor issues. I don't own my own snowmobile either, harr, so hopefully John gets a bunch of rentals up and running for next winter!

Well, first off, John kind of used our group for a trial run of winter activities he's had planned for a while now. He originally had 4 vintage snowmobiles, then only 3 when we arrived (we brought 2 of our own), and of those 3 only 1 ended up working reliably, so he's got some maintenance to keep up on if he wants to make "vintage snowmodiscing" a reality. There are some trails winding around his property, but he didn't groom the fairways, so there were drifts anywhere from ankle deep to sack deep (he says he intends to compact and groom the snow on at least Blueberry to make it playable, but again hadn't done this for us; I think he was more or less looking for our feedback on how to make winter discing plausible and enjoyable). So yeah, it was a blast, even without discing, and I'll definitely do a winter trip up there again if he takes care of those minor issues. I don't own my own snowmobile either, harr, so hopefully John gets a bunch of rentals up and running for next winter!

You crazy too Gonzo!

Nice, doesn't that dog freeze it's paws off? I know my golden can't stay out in the snow for too long without limping.

Forest does well if it's above 0F, much colder and he starts to shiver and his paws get ice in them. He was doing ok out there yesterday, though we were both pretty done after one round.

Just got done practicing on my basket in the back yard. Thought I'd snap a picture to share with you all. Sure looks warm and inviting, doesn't it?

IMAG02269.jpg

A buddy sent me these pics from his round at Flip City today...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• flip 2 basket.jpg
    flip 2 basket.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 183
  • flip 16 winter.jpg
    flip 16 winter.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 179
  • loco.jpg
    loco.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 181
18 inches in 2 days :/ plus 30mph winds last night, and no reports of thunder snow(in my area), but I could swear that I heard some...though I never saw any. I have a buddy who wants to be a weatherman who was the one that told me there hadn't been any actual reports of thunder snow in our area, but Milwaukee supposedly got some.

from a few years ago back east at a little 9 hole course in Rhode Island.

NS_discGolfsunset.jpg

- Ian
IansPrints.com

No, I was kidding about that. :eek: Flip had tons of snow. :thmbup: