• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

The flight difference between plus and non-plus C-Lines is much less exaggerated than the differences between S-PDs and TC S-PDs.

If it's not stiff, slick, and doesn't chunk when it hits a hard surface, then it's a good blend.

I had an order on hold, just received it today. 2 P PD (167) in it.

So, as I said, I can't compare to an older run of P PD, I don't own any.

However, as for stiffness, I'd say it's not soft by any mean, but it has some nice flex to it. For instance, when I power grip, I can flex it (a little bit) with my thumb pressure (but not with a regular pressure).
I would say it's very similar to my brand new, new run, s-PD in stiffness and a little bit softer than a brand new, new run, DX Teebird.

The plastic is very gummy in my hand. It was gummy when I picked it up at the pick up location, but I wanted to give it some time to eat up in the house. It's been on my desk for a couple of hours now, and it's still pretty gummy. More grip than my brand new DX Teebird, and more grip than my new S PD.

Once I hit a few trees, I'll post some picture to let you guys see how it beats up. I don't go out much these days, but when I do, I'll make sure to aim near trees.

I'm planning to buy a PD.. but I'm not sure should I choose S- or P- plastic and what weight. I'm pretty sure that C-plastic is too overstable for me as I throw max. only about 300ft. What I've read, P-PD should be the most understable one of those.

I'm planning to buy a PD.. but I'm not sure should I choose S- or P- plastic and what weight. I'm pretty sure that C-plastic is too overstable for me as I throw max. only about 300ft. What I've read, P-PD should be the most understable one of those.

I would recommend a P-PD, it will wear in nicely. If it is to flippy, go with a S-line. I wouldn't be afraid to go with lighter weights as I find they hold their stability well for me down to the mid 160s.

Understable is the wrong term. They're less overstable and will give you much more effortless distance than both the C-Lines and S-Lines. If you're throwing 300', they're what you want.

That's not to say that you shouldn't add an S-Line to your order to start seasoning (and for severe headwinds) though... :D

Longer teebird.... Hahahahaba

Of course :)

At 300' a P PD will probably be straight with fade when new, and will slowly become less overstable.

I second the recommendation to go ahead and get a mid to low 160s S Line. They won't be any less overstable than a heavier S Line...they'll just glide better and get up to their cruising speed faster.

You can never go wrong with lighter weights when it comes to PDs.

I've read on here that the bottom mold of the PD is a Firebird, anyone what the top mold is?

If this has been asked and answered already I apologize but I'm far to lazy to read through the whole thread.

I've read on here that the bottom mold of the PD is a Firebird, anyone what the top mold is?

If this has been asked and answered already I apologize but I'm far to lazy to read through the whole thread.

Short answer - Discmania made their own "anhyzer top" that's used on all of their drivers except the CD....right?

But here's a question - why is it called the anhyzer top?

(Sure there may be answers to these questions already but I'm too lazy to search for them as there's +100 pages of discussion.)

How do the Jesse Heinonen S-PD compare to a normal S-PD, or are there anything different but the stamp?

And an other question: does a beat P-PD do well as an anhyzer disc?

(Sure there may be answers to these questions already but I'm too lazy to search for them as there's +100 pages of discussion.)

How do the Jesse Heinonen S-PD compare to a normal S-PD, or are there anything different but the stamp?

And an other question: does a beat P-PD do well as an anhyzer disc?

I don't know about the first one,but the P-PD for me turned over way too much at first. I had to flex it back with my hands to get it to fly straight for me. It was still very touchy after that,that's why I don't use the P-PD anymore.