• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Premium bag

Dr.Disc

Eagle Member
I will be purchasing a new large bag in a couple months and would like to look at all large options so far I have checked out revolution, gorilla boy, grip, hyzer bomb, voodoo, and all the disc manufactors bags I know theres more out there googles just not showin them so what do I need to check out:D

I have a Voodoo Mojo and a Zulu. The Zulu is absolutely amazing. The construction is top notch and it holds possibly everything I can think of. The fact that it also carries a 5 year warranty is one of the reasons I picked it over the others. However, I don't think that I will ever need to cash in on that at all with the way its built. If you want some close up pictures of the construction please let me know. I've gotten one from Voodoo and the Zulu from Mike at Glide(possibly the best customer service I've had!) and have been nothing but happy with both of them. Because of the well constructed bags all the guys I regularly play with have gotten one as well.

Read more, post less. The search function dies a little each time we make a new thread. Not trying to be a dick but there is nothing wrong with a little research. Which ones have you already read up on? What did you think the pros and cons were. When searching just try and ignore the threads about individuals looking for bags and focus on the ones talking about the actual equipment.

I have a Voodoo Mojo and a Zulu. The Zulu is absolutely amazing. The construction is top notch and it holds possibly everything I can think of. The fact that it also carries a 5 year warranty is one of the reasons I picked it over the others. However, I don't think that I will ever need to cash in on that at all with the way its built. If you want some close up pictures of the construction please let me know. I've gotten one from Voodoo and the Zulu from Mike at Glide(possibly the best customer service I've had!) and have been nothing but happy with both of them. Because of the well constructed bags all the guys I regularly play with have gotten one as well.

I'm looking to get a bigger bag so I'll be following this thread. And of I'll definitely be buying the bag at Glide too. It's between the Grip and the Karma at this point: They both look great; that's the beauty part of having a great disc shop close by where I can inspect the bags before I buy.

Read more, post less. The search function dies a little each time we make a new thread. Not trying to be a dick but there is nothing wrong with a little research. Which ones have you already read up on? What did you think the pros and cons were. When searching just try and ignore the threads about individuals looking for bags and focus on the ones talking about the actual equipment.

This is probably not the place to get into this, but while you're right about using the search function, you're going down a dangerous road too. Of course who needs another idiotic Roc v Buzzz thread (threads like that shouldn't have to be tolerated), but I've seen some great forums rise and fall because their more experienced members don't need to create many new threads and new members are discouraged from doing so. When there's no reason to make new threads, there's no reason to check the site as often as you might; then the site starts to decline and the community just isn't exciting anymore. DGCR is lucky to have the marketplace to provide a good stream of threads, but there's just not a lot to talk about when it comes to disc golf. In fact, at this point you could search and link to almost anything anyone needs to know, so there's no need for a community in the first place.

The talk is part of the fun. Also, the search feature on this website isn't that great (that's a bit of an understatement).

The reason I don't have a lot of posts or make any threads is that I like to find things out on my own. But others don't, and they make the threads I like to read.

Go to the search function and search "new bag" or "bag" and see what it brings up. Or you can not waste your time and create a new thread to get answers.

The problem isn't people creating new threads. The problem is that the search function is useless when searching for things like "bag", "roc", "Orc" or "dx".

I understand that he could probably search each bag individually. But that doesn't let him get answers. If he were to try and revive an old thread, 99 times out of 100 no one will respond. I've tried to get answers that way many times and it doesn't do any good. Responses like this are why I've been on this site for several years and have just a little over 100 posts.

Go to the search function and search "new bag" or "bag" and see what it brings up. Or you can not waste your time and create a new thread to get answers.

The problem isn't people creating new threads. The problem is that the search function is useless when searching for things like "bag", "roc", "Orc" or "dx".

I understand that he could probably search each bag individually. But that doesn't let him get answers. If he were to try and revive an old thread, 99 times out of 100 no one will respond. I've tried to get answers that way many times and it doesn't do any good. Responses like this are why I've been on this site for several years and have just a little over 100 posts.

This has been addressed with the addition of the google search bar under the regular search bar. I guess this section is turning into "My Equipment" as opposed to "Equipment".We should see if we can get the mods to start a seperate section for personalized bag and disc suggestions. Then we can each have our own threads.

I did thats how I found out about grip, gb, hyzerbomb, and voodoo the only ones I knew of where revolution, so im still wondering if im missing any other manufactors ,sorry if this is taking up an precious space on sum server just want to make an informed consumer purchase:p

I hope he compiles all his research into an "ultimate bag thread" and it gets stickied at the top. We could put it next to the portable basket thread.

This has been addressed with the addition of the google search bar under the regular search bar. I guess this section is turning into "My Equipment" as opposed to "Equipment".We should see if we can get the mods to start a seperate section for personalized bag and disc suggestions. Then we can each have our own threads.

I stand corrected on the search function. However, it doesn't address reviving an old thread. Most people will not comment on an old thread if it is revived.

Anyway, I don't see why you think it's a big deal for someone to create a new thread. We should be encouraging conversation on here not discouraging it.

I stand corrected on the search function. However, it doesn't address reviving an old thread. Most people will not comment on an old thread if it is revived.

Anyway, I don't see why you think it's a big deal for someone to create a new thread. We should be encouraging conversation on here not discouraging it.

Yah how else am I going to get 1200 posts like steve:D

I've got a grip and love the bag. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1408178&postcount=1256

The prodiscus seems like a killer bag as well, but it hasn't been on the market long enough to be player tested...yet...regardless it still seems like a badass bag.
The Mahal would be waaayyyyyy too much bag for me.
Dual pack just wasn't my thing.
Never got to try on/see any other backpack bags in person.

I've got a grip and love the bag. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1408178&postcount=1256

The prodiscus seems like a killer bag as well, but it hasn't been on the market long enough to be player tested...yet...regardless it still seems like a badass bag.
The Mahal would be waaayyyyyy too much bag for me.
Dual pack just wasn't my thing.
Never got to try on/see any other backpack bags in person.

I used to have a gateway ozark backpack but I traded it because it sat to high up on my back wish they would just make a new one with longer straps but thats prob not gonna happen

Golf Mahal is probably the most well constructed bag I've ever seen. Easily will hold 30+ discs and anything else you would need. Don't have one myself but from what i hear they come with a lifetime warranty. If only I had $270 to drop on another bag....