• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Premium or Baseline Plastic Driving Putters?

Driving putter plastic preference?

• Total voters

DiscinFiend

* Ace Member *
When it comes to driving putters I'm always trying to figure out which discs to carry in my bag. I also never know if I should carry all baseline plastic driving putters or all premium plastic driving putters. I considered carrying both but going all one way or the other just seems to make more sense to me. I assume most of the people who carry only baseline plastic driving putters cycle. So how does everyone else prefer setup their bag? All Premium? All Baseline? Mixed? Is one way more popular than another?

Premium.

I barely ever drive putters anyway, 'cause the holes are too long. Or my arm is too weak.

Whichever.

I barely ever drive putters anyway, 'cause the holes are too long. Or my arm is too weak.
This :D I rarely ever drive with a putter. Even if a hole is 210' I will most likely throw a mid. I just don't see the point in driving with a putter if you can make the same shot with a mid, which will be easier since it is a faster disc.

Champ Rhyno
Opto Pure
Zero Medium Pure

I used to drive with KC Aviars and DX aviars, but I like my new setup better.

If the putter I use is not available in a suitable premium plastic for upshots and driving I will consider baseline but luckily I only use judges and like both the lucid and fuzion. If those weren't available I could and have used classic just fine.

This :D I rarely ever drive with a putter. Even if a hole is 210' I will most likely throw a mid. I just don't see the point in driving with a putter if you can make the same shot with a mid, which will be easier since it is a faster disc.

Everyone is different but typically with good form and normal distance it's easier to be accurate with the slower disc. A putter can be floated right in and gives you a better percentage to be closer to the pin on those short holes. It's a personal choice though and you need to throw what you're confident in. I personally don't throw a lot of putters off the tee but we also don't have but 2 or 3 holes in the three courses in town that are under 250. Most all of the holes under 300ft are perfect for a nice smooth neutral mid range shot and that's how I play them.

I currently use omega ss as my driving putter but I'm thinking of switching to premium.

I voted Mixed.

As a LHBH player, many "putter driveable" holes I encounter have some Anhyzer component to them. My baseline putters (Warden: Classic and Blend) beat into tasty turn-holding throwers...

For longish straight with mild fade holes, I deploy lightweight Lucid or BioFuzion Suspects. And straight with strong fade gets the heavyweight Classic Suspect treatment.

I voted mix. I throw Opto/TM2 Pures, 300S/400S PA2s, and Glo Z/ESP/Pro-D Zones and usually carry mostly premium plastics. Right now I've got an Opto Pure, 400S PA2, and Glo Z and Pro-D Zones.

The Pures and PA2s fly really close to premium in their baseline form so I throw them in the bag for wet rounds where grip is sketchy. Even the concave Pro-D Zones I've stockpiled are close enough to premium where I can use them exclusively too.

I'd say KC is a basleline plastic. I considered Champion/Z & Star/ESP type plastics premium plastics.

i cycle kcp aviars for driving. dx aviars for short up shots, short turn overs and most putts.

kcp stays in its stability long enough to cycle nicely in my opinion and i do throw a lot of putter drives too

I voted mixed. I drive with Pure in Gold and Opto, and Sinus in Zero soft. The Sinus sticks where it lands and will not skip, but I would love to have one in premium, but that is not a current option.

Baseline all the way. I use McPro Aviars for putting, most short drives and upshots, DX for water hazards. Premium plastics get way too slippery when wet or cold.

Most of my drives are with base plastic putters (wizards for me) but I do carry one premium plastic version that's better for skips and holds it's stability longer for headwind shots.

I am diggin the G star Aviar driver for putter driving. The only times i drive with a putter is high ceiling shorter shots or downhill shots that i dont want to skip like crazy

both. i used to use opto pure 'cuz it can take the heat bigtime on a drive as well as a zero pure for turnovers and hyzerflips.

now i keep a wizard, a summit and a zone. wizard gets used 95% of the time, but every once in a while i want a putter thumber, a roller or need that sharp anny flex. nice not to have to beat up your main driving putters.