• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Did any of the Anabolic Asteroid dyes come over with this order?

eky8 said:
Are the premium respecti at marshall street the new run? With the plh similar to the basic run?

yep!
and if someone needs those first run type, I'll make a set next time

my sweet candies :)
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2771839775699&set=a.1536300527990.2070317.1249152995&type=1&theater

Got one of the second run respecti. Pretty sweet. I am so looking forward to throwing this disc. My baseline has turned into a super straight fairway driver. plh is drastically different.
2ps1vs0.jpg

Yeah, the second runs should be usable overstable fairway drivers, but the first runs (and parts of the coming runs) will be remembered as some of the best utility overstable discs.

I throw my first run about 3 or 4 times a round at my home course. Had a blow through on a skip ace shot with one. I don't dislike the first run. Just totally love the basic when it's new. Unfortunately it beats in so fast it changes almost every time you use it. So a premium that throws like a new basic would be awesome.

I should have posted this a couple weeks ago but I bought the whole premium line up while I was last at Marshall St and played around with them. The biggest eye popper for me was the Legenda(?) which I flat out bombed on hole 14 at Pyramids. I feel fairly confident that in saying that an identical throw with any of my other max D drivers would not have traveled so far. Very nice work Vesakai, that disc is AWESOME. Bagged it.

Midari... another huge thumbs up. I really like where this mid sits in stability, a hint of high speed turn with slow fade thereafter. Seems like a smaller diameter mid as well which I don't mind at all. I'll most likely bag this for a while this season but it's similar in purpose to my Pains so we'll see. Only knock against it is it seems to have less glide than other mids but without throwing it across a full season that observation could be total bullshit.

Respecti... holy SHIT overstable. Man these things are pigs. Not my favorite because I don't enjoy throwing super overstable discs but if I was facing a 30 MPH headwind I'd probably stick one in the bag. I cannot throw this thing much more than 300' without putting CRAZY anhyzer on the release. Really wish it was more of a Teebird like flight, like the Legenda.

Picked up a pink Jokeri since it was the only one that looked different from my yellow and clear proto's and I didn't notice a ton of difference. It's a little less overstable but not enough to change it's role. Still my overstable putter/driver of choice. Well done on this mold, it's not overstable to the unusable point but still definitely a hard fader. Again, if it was more neutral i'd get more use out of it but you would have a very tough time knocking the Pure out of that slot in my bag.

Last thing, this plastic is FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Well done sir! (Pics to follow later) The care and effort that was taken during the molding of these discs did not go unnoticed Vesakai, I bought 7-8 discs because of it =)

Thanks Jeronimo, I've been meaning to say pretty much the exact same thing for a little while now.

Jason and I field tested the lineup in both plastics before the holiday...

I was able to throw near my personal max fairly effortlessly with the Legenda (premium). The basic legenda was a little harder to control, but would probably go farther if i had the time to really learn it.

The Premium Jokeri is in my bag... I like its over stability minus the bead... I've learned that I just don't like beads when possible.

The plastic is freaking sweet. Every (ok, 9/10) Premium Midari is a "Natural Beauty."

Otherwise I completely agree with Jros post... Interested to have the basic Respecti in different stages of wear in my bag.

Jer: The Premium MIDARIs don't really glide, that's their major downfall. Otherwise very nice. And newer RESPECTis aren't as overstable, more like the Baselines.

Also, give the JOKERi, MIDARi and RESPECTi some thumbers, Prodiscus is the master of OH discs.

jubuttib said:
And newer RESPECTis aren't as overstable, more like the Baselines.

Hmmmmm... Would the ones I bought from Marshall St be the newer runs? I have nothing to compare it to.

Jeronimo said:
jubuttib said:
And newer RESPECTis aren't as overstable, more like the Baselines.

Hmmmmm... Would the ones I bought from Marshall St be the newer runs? I have nothing to compare it to.
Ummm... I don't know... The first runs were totally and completely flat, the newer ones should have more dome. The first runs were also right there with XXX's in stability, the later ones should be considerably less overstable.

vesakai said:
eky8 said:
Are the premium respecti at marshall street the new run? With the plh similar to the basic run?

yep!
and if someone needs those first run type, I'll make a set next time

Here's the answer to that question from earlier in the thread. I haven't had a ton of experience with the new run of respecti. But from the little I've thrown it, it is still pretty overstable. Quite a bit more than the baseline run.

Pics!

I have three completely different Respectis now.

IMG_0110.jpg

Second run(?) vs first run. Noticeably difference in PLH. They're quite different shape as well. Newer ones have higher shoulder or something?

IMG_0111.jpg

My quite beaten basic Respecti on the right. When compared to first run premium it almost goes under it...

IMG_0114.jpg

Now with bigger stamp! Basic never even had one :)

I agree the new premiums are still quite overstable but at least they fly a bit now instead of just falling down. The basic being a bit warped and all is also reliable in headwinds even tho it does turn with enough wind.

I also ordered a couple of Legendas.
legendatplh.jpg

Same PLH on both the premium and basic but they're not similar at all when thrown. The basic is pretty much as flippy as my flippiest pro Katana while I can't seem to turn the premium (it's winter tho). I do like the premium Legenda a lot. While I can't turn it, if I throw anhyzer it keeps the angle for most of the flight. Right now it feels very reliable for such a fast disc.

I still have a very good feeling about the premium Legenda. Had some of my longest drives last friday with it and it's winter. Just a few months now to see how it really works... I can't flip it but with even the slightest anyhyzer it keeps it for a long time before fading. The prodiscus premium plastic is nice and grippy in cold weather too.
The new premium Respecti reminds me of my CFR C-PD. Thrown flat it goes straight for a long time and then fades hard. Feels more comfortable with the deeper rim and glides better tho.

Will be interesting to see how these change after beating in some, maybe I'll see next autumn or so knowing how durable the premium plastic is.

jubuttib said:
Jer: The Premium MIDARIs don't really glide, that's their major downfall. Otherwise very nice. And newer RESPECTis aren't as overstable, more like the Baselines.

Also, give the JOKERi, MIDARi and RESPECTi some thumbers, Prodiscus is the master of OH discs.

I just noticed this, and I do have to say. Even tho Premium MIDARIs dont glide, they're still insanely long and straight as a bullet when slightly beaten.
For me, there's no difference in distance between my MD2s and my MIDARIs, hell the MIDARIs might even be a bit longer. Only downfall of the Premium MIDARI is that it beats in too quickly, it starts out wonderfully overstable, then beats into a lazor-straight flyer in a week, but give another few weeks and it gets flippy. Which is not really a problem if you stock up on em. :)

This is based on the first run flat ones I got, I have no clue about the current ones. I hear they're domey and thats not really a good thing for me...

Also on a side note, for everything Jubuttib says about a disc, you have to remember, that he is a noodle-arm. :lol: No offense dude, you're a finesse wizard. :)

Varsi said:
I still have a very good feeling about the premium Legenda. Had some of my longest drives last friday with it and it's winter. Just a few months now to see how it really works... I can't flip it but with even the slightest anyhyzer it keeps it for a long time before fading. The prodiscus premium plastic is nice and grippy in cold weather too.
The new premium Respecti reminds me of my CFR C-PD. Thrown flat it goes straight for a long time and then fades hard. Feels more comfortable with the deeper rim and glides better tho.

Will be interesting to see how these change after beating in some, maybe I'll see next autumn or so knowing how durable the premium plastic is.

Yeah, I can't wait to really put the Premium Legenda through it's paces. The few throws I've had with it thus far have been long enough to make me think to myself, "man, I didn't think that would go that far...", this might be my new favorite max D driver. I'll still carry Flows though :p

Yeah, the premium legenda really surprised me. I want to throw it in more summery conditions to make up my mind, but the initial expression was very positive.