• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Now THAT sounds something I'll buy right away if it's gonna be of very tough material. Seems roomy as hell as well!

I've seen this bag up close and I can tell you it's much bigger than the Grip's one. In a good way. A lot more space for extra stuff, and the bottle holster system is a lot smarter. All in all, this will be the king of backpack styled bags. :)

Can't wait to get mine. :D

Loop said:
the bottle holster system is a lot smarter.
Must be quite a feat of engineering then, I have yet to find a downside to the ones my Grip has.

Around 160€, room for 30 discs and some clothes... I'm almost starting to regret buying the Grip... Well, should be fairly easy to unload if it indeed is that much better. Turso, buy one of these ASAP so that I can get a look. =)

EDIT: I'm also expecting this to be too much trouble for it's worth, but some thought to modularity wouldn't hurt. The Grip wasn't exactly designed to be modular, but clever minds came up with nifty attachments:

Something like attachable extra pockets like that (perhaps something that could fit a few lids without them getting bent or getting in the way of other discs) or basically what ever could add to the functionality of an already wonderful product. And all it would require is a couple of strategically placed snap fasteners. On that not, if the bag has a place for a towel, I'd hope it was easily detachable, like in that video.

Kai i've broken a back pack a year and this years victim was an 80 liter back pack from Retki Finland that the Finnish self defence force uses. It's got stretches to the stitching but what always does the back bags in for me is the chest strap breaking. It has to be able to support all the weight in the bag because most of it comes to the chest. I've used the large back bags because with filming gear and discs plus clothes for throwing and the town it's too much for any DG bag to handle. With souvenirs it's 15-18 kilos and so far even dedicated outdoors stuff from good manufacturers have not been able to take it. 18 kilos is a lot for fabric to handle. I think i've never met straps that could take it and the fabric probably needs to be Cordura mix. Cordura has been used for bullet proof vests because it's tougher than kevlar. Pure Cordura chafes other cloths like sand paper.

The Retki bag i have has a couple of millimeters thick soft material to make it immensely comfortable for the back to carry those weights and with pointy stuff not stabbing the back so badly. Also the width of the shoulder straps is crucial and with at least a third wider straps than any DG bag the Retki is well padded and quite comfortable. I know holding up a camera and hauling Feldys bag in 32-34C at Järva, Stockholm is more extreme than most would experience but the less padded and thinner straps cut blood circulation pretty bad. I've heard that Feldy carries fewer discs now and that amount of discs varies too according to the caddy. Still i'm sure that many would like to be able to haul everything for smaller competitions in one single bag. That raises weight handling and durability demands.

JR said:
Cordura has been used for bullet proof vests because it's tougher than kevlar.
What have you been huffing? Cordura may be used in bulletproof vests and bulletproof style vests for the vest itself, but the armor is Kevlar. A quick search didn't give me much, but I found some info on motorcycle protective clothing which says that 500 denier Cordura has a tear strength of about 22 pounds, competition leather is between 80-110 pounds, and stretch Kevlar used in motorcycle clothing is around 420 pounds. Kevlar is orders of magnitude above Cordura in durability. There might be some properties in Cordura that Kevlar can't match (price for one), but it's crazy to say Cordura is tougher than Kevlar.

Well, it isn't lying as long as they don't say it's used as the armour part of the vest. Just a tad misleading :)

little peek for coming season.
English version is not final yet, but you'll get the idea....
http://issuu.com/jackbox/docs/prodiscus_eng?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222

after two weeks we start the presales for the bag and it should be ready in April
Price still 159€(199$) and preorders will get something bonus :)

Pre-orders on a bag? Uh-oh...

EDIT: Just looked through the whole thing, seems like you've got pretty big plans, I wish you success! It really is a shame I already bought the Grip... =)

Grr, gotta start saving up money and fast it seems. I'm not too keen on preordering anything though, but we'll see.

Thought I'd do a quick translation on the bag specs:
1. Sturdy reinforced carrying handle.
2. Padded pocket with a zipper.
3. Zippered quiver for three putters.
4. Umbrella pockets on both sides.
5. Silk-screened X logo along with an embroidered Prodiscus logo.
6. Roomy pockets on both sides for clothes and other stuff.
7. Reinforced and padded anatomically designed straps.
8. Zippered accessory pocket that's also accessible from the big side pocket.
9. Marker pockets on both sides of the bag.
10. Big main compartment with two adjustable dividers for 23 discs.
11. A strap for example for a stool.
12. Pockets for three discs (though like the pictures showed, you can fit more) on both sides of the bag.
13. Drink holders on both sides of the bag for 1.5l bottles.
14. The bottom of the bag is heavily supported and covered with a water and dirt repellent material.

vesakai said:
little peek for coming season.
English version coming soon when I get this translated (or someone devoted)
but you'll get the idea....
http://issuu.com/jackbox/docs/prodiscus_eng?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222

after two weeks we start the presales for the bag and it should be ready in April
Price still 159€(199$) and preorders will get something bonus :)

Wow!
Designwise, that looks a lot better planned and executed than I expect from a DG company, impressive! Not my favourite style, but beautifully done. I love the bag design as well, I'm probably in the market for one of these once properly tested.
Great job Kai!