• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Sounds like the production LEGENDas fly something like my modified one, ie. not too under or overstable, damn fast and long. Great to hear. =)

Yeah, the proto you have isn't anything like the disc Varsi has, couldn't flip it from a very slight hyzer, although the throw wasn't too perfect considering I had a bad, snowy, uneven throwing surface.

On other news, the new run premium respecti is pretty darn awesome if it flies the same without the LED mod it had :)

I need to try the production one at some point then. Sounds like it might be similar to the current iteration of the proto though.

The Legendas I looked at may be the prettiest plastic I've ever seen.
2jczlz8.jpg

The ones I looked at were like this, and they also had clear light blue sparkle. Both just beautiful. This disc may very well become my distance disc of choice. I still need to throw it a few more times to know for sure.
Here's a close up of the edge.
35mozet.jpg

Yeah, that decision is going to wait for the snow to go away here as well, but the initial expressions is that it might be a race between the flow, quasar and this one. Depending how the ESP NOS turns out.

The Flow seems like the odd man out in that lineup. I could easily pair it up with the Quasar, ESP NOS or even the LEGENDa.

jubuttib said:
The Flow seems like the odd man out in that lineup. I could easily pair it up with the Quasar, ESP NOS or even the LEGENDa.

Since I'm mainly using the Flow for max distance only it's not that odd to replace it if one of those works out for me. And who knows, maybe I get my form back in shape and start loving my discs all over again, spring will tell. Really have to build/buy a throwing net for this winter though. I don't think I can take another spring with the form reverted to worse than it was when I started out frolfing.

Could a premi jokeri be described as in between a zone and whippet? Faster zone slower whippet? Or is it truly a putter speed?

Roc Lover said:
Could a premi jokeri be described as in between a zone and whippet? Faster zone slower whippet? Or is it truly a putter speed?

IIRC Zone's faster. And jokeri's not nearly as overstable as a Zone, and if I remember correctly, whippet's pretty hoggy as well.

Zone is already way too fast to be called a putter IMHO. Neither is JOKERi in anyway shape or form as overstable as the Zone and Whippet, and it actually does glide a fair bit if you put some spin on it.

I'd call it more like a cross between a Pure and a Rhyno, sort of. Faster with better glide than a Rhyno, but also won't turn over even in wind, while still not having a meathook finish (thrown long it's actually very straight).

Hello and how is everybody doing here?
nice reviews from Legenda, thank you for that. Basic line was just under weight and therefore too understable. Other than that we did ok the second run.

news from Prodiscus:
there will be a new line of logos coming this year and the story begins from here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14915141/julkaisut/PD-X-Serie.pdf
then I'm also making new bag and here is the prototype of that
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14915141/julkaisut/malli.jpg

more will be told when things are ready :)

good to be back after few moths brake
Let's make this season awesome

-kai-

Just received two 173 Premium LEGENDas, orange and light blue. Both are beautiful, the orange one has the nice swirls already seen in this thread, and the light blue/turquoise one has some light swirling and some nice small sparkles in it. Both have identical PLH and dome (a nice and small gradual one at that), and a tad lower PLH than my modified proto LEGENDa. The modified proto was pretty much on the spot where I wanted it, very close to a faster Quasar. I'm suspecting these will be a bit less stable than that, but on the other hand they don't have the dents in the rim the proto has, so they might be more stable than the PLH suggests.

Anyway, really looking forward to throwing these.

in next runs we are not trying to make any extra dome, like was in this last run (second run respecti and first run legenda)

Good to see that you've publicly released the bag, I've been looking forward to it for a long time now since I first saw the pictures. The one I've seen was a bit different, the zipper on the top was straight and other small differences. It's almost a shame I already bought a Grip, but what can you do at this point? =)

How many discs will that thing carry when it's ready?

EDIT: Seems like you got the stamps on a bit better this time, I can't remove it with masking tape anymore. Well, most of it, but not all. =)

The size of the bag is of great interest to me as well. Been thinking of getting a grip, but now that you're producing a bag that seems to be what I'm looking for I'm putting it on hold until I hear the specs and know more about yours.

I hope you'll make it out of super durable stuff, and waterproof preferably as well =)

here is the set of discs I got fit in it
20 drivers, 9 midrange, 4 putters but that did limit the bottle spaces. only regular sport bottles after full set of discs.
with 30 discs you can have two 1,5 litre bottles in it + some clothes

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14915141/julkaisut/main_discs.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14915141/julkaisut/side_driveri.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14915141/julkaisut/side_midari.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14915141/julkaisut/up_putters.jpg

some other information:
- big side pockets where you can fit extra jackets etc.
- place for umbrella and chair
- bottom is waterproof and there is a rain cover for bag. bags fabric is also waterproof
- fleece covered pockets to hold mobile
- and few extra features that I'll tell you later :)

... Holy hell, that bag is much bigger/roomier than it looks at first glance. Any idea of where the price point is going to end up?

jubuttib said:
... Holy hell, that bag is much bigger/roomier than it looks at first glance. Any idea of where the price point is going to end up?

I might have good hunch tomorrow. Plan is to keep it under 160€/200$