• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

vesakai said:
Ok,

here is the man behind all this :)

few things first.
- plastic is NOT the same as Latiude uses. That was just first thing I imagine to compare it. That was because there are no name for that yet. So It's similar to Zero plastic but only the grip and what it feels like when you first touch it. It's actually more grippy and maybe little more rubber. The grip is also good in cold weather. And like told when damaged it does not effect on flight.
- also one more durable plastic is done and comes on sale next week. This is compared to Latitude Opto plastic, but only because it's transparent. Flight is same as in basic plastic. So disc is wery stable.

So no names and no final judge what the plastics are about. I used Latitude plastics for telling these because I played with those last years.

JOKERi is the first disc we started to manufacture. There are already 2 drivers ready, but those were too stable, so I may change those a little bit.

web site will be at http://www.prodiscus.fi and you can find us also on facebook under "PRODISCUS"

I'll try to answer all the questions here as well...

If there are companies or persons that are interested or want to know something special. You may contact me with email: kai at prodiscus dot fi

Could you tell us more about where you're located, how you got started, plans for the future, list of US retailers (once that gets nailed down), etc...? Any plans for future types of discs? Plans for different plastic types? Will you be making any bags, mini's, merch? English version of the website?

I'm very curious to know more about your operation and I love it when a manufacturer gets on a board like this and communicates with their customers. Perhaps a mod could move his response, or a collection of his info, to the first post of the thread? Since it is stickied after all...

Jeronimo said:
Could you tell us more about where you're located, how you got started, plans for the future, list of US retailers (once that gets nailed down), etc...? Any plans for future types of discs? Plans for different plastic types? Will you be making any bags, mini's, merch? English version of the website?

I'm very curious to know more about your operation and I love it when a manufacturer gets on a board like this and communicates with their customers. Perhaps a mod could move his response, or a collection of his info, to the first post of the thread? Since it is stickied after all...

Prodiscus is from Finland and so am I. I have planned this for a long time but like everyone I did not have enough money to start making discs. Now I founded one company that was interested enough to start this project with me.... Everything is done here so we're making the first Finnish Frisbees.

First idea was that this would be an easy job, but NOT was closer to the right. So anyway we decided to create one mold and that disc is now called RESPECTi. You may read more from this maybe after 2 hours from now... from http://www.prodiscus.fi so yes I'm starting to update the English pages today

Future discs and other news you can find from the website as well.

Plastics: These two were found after 6 months research and maybe one more is coming. These I wanted because those act similar in making process. And because those felt good 

Other products are coming… maybe little secret that I'll keep for now. Mini's are already done and sent with all the orders, so you may hear something soon. Or you may check those out from http://www.kiekkopiste.fi

I'm now keeping web shop http://www.kiekkopiste.fi and that will be opened for English also if US retailers are not taking these discs. Maybe even if they are, so let's see what will happen. And if you want these sold in US I think that you need to ask the resellers straight. Here is some stores you may contact to get these in US: Marshal Street, Disc golf values, Disc nation, Dynamic Discs,... Those were interested but haven't place any orders yet. And if there are other stores or just a guy who sells discs let him know and contact me. That simple.

I'll be here and answer all your questions..

-kai-

Do you have a minimum # of discs you require retailers to buy? Our local Play It Again Sports is usually good about stocking newly released discs. I'll mention it next time I'm there.

If you need any help with the english on the international page Kai, just ask.

"Anxious Frisbee spring for all wishes Prodiscus!"

This would be better if it said something along the lines of "We wish you exciting Frisbee spring!"

The word anxious isn't quite the same thing as innokasta. It's more on the lines of "Levoton".

Muuten se näyttää kyllä ihan kelvolliselta englannilta :)

I left it out on purpose though. I don't see the point using it in that context, don't know why, but it feels better without.

My pair of clear premiums arrived. They're very grippy when freshly washed, and surprisingly grippy even not so clean.

I'm looking forward to throwing these. I really like versatile gummy putters in premium plastic. These sound awesome. I hope they are. Not many actual reports stateside about how these are flying.

I put my first premium jokeri into a Fuchsia RIT bath for 15 minutes, this is the result(looks even better in nature):

wqtqv7.jpg

The other one is having a rose pink bath, doesn't seem to take quite as well as the fuchsia, not as fast at least.

It is SUCH a beautiful colour in real life, looks like a boiled sweet. I wanted to eat it.

Turso, jubuttib, put up a picture of yourselves bending the disc. I'd like to see how gummy they are.