• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Oh man I hope mine is coming too. Though our lousy mailman hasn't been delivering until like 7pm lately. :(

I hear the postal workers in Austin are shroomin pretty hard when they deliver, which would explain the delay for booter's :)

Threw another round with mine last night...liking it a little more each time I pick it up!

Got some good throws in with them against wizards, XDs, and rhynos.

First off, they feel great in my tiny hands, it's a little deeper than a XD and about the same feel as a rhyno. The plastic on the base line is nice and grippy and the premium plastic was a little slick until I dyed it and washed it off. The plastic got much grippier after that though.

They do throw a lot like a new wizard or BB aviar but is a little faster and less glidey than either (the extra speed and less glide kinda cancel each other out distance wise). It's almost like a BB aviar and a rhyno had a baby. There is not a lot of difference between the base and premium plastic flight wise or glide wise. They have some good HSS and the LSS is about the same as a slightly beat rhyno. I threw them into a mild headwind, tailwind and crosswind. They fought the headwind quite well and thrown flat they turned a bit but fought back easily, same in some L to R crosswind. They were quite stable in the tailwind. The one thing I noticed that set them apart from the other putters is they weren't very forgiving of nose up throws. That might change as they beat in though.

I think this will really appeal to a few different demographics:

1) people who like wizards/BB aviars/Challengers but find the grip deep

2) people who find discs like the zone or rhyno a bit too overstable.

3) people who never really got a hang of throwing putters off the tee. It feels a lot like a beadless mid in the hand and if you have problems for whatever reason throwing a putter off the tee, this is a disc worth trying out.

Profile comparisions, Jokeri is always on left.

Vs Wizard

1448lxz.jpg

Vs XD

okvsc6.jpg

Vs Rhyno

nb4r2e.jpg

Vs VP

5owjnq.jpg

The description there did not sound too exciting, but I've already ordered a couple to try out, so hopefully they'll be useful discs.

oh, also the base plastic of mine doesn't really seem that soft. no nearly as soft as some of the pures I've had.

I put both of the ones I have in the bag and will be giving them a good testing this weekend to really get the measure of them. Singles tourney Saturday and then an Ice Bowl on Sunday

Played in a winter league today, I had my baseline JOKERis and my old Wizard with me. The Wizard behaves pretty much like an ION right now, so I got a good test on how they work together. Really damn well. No doubt at all, my putter lineup for the next summer will be, depending on the course, MION, baseline JOKERi and a premium JOKERi, or FRION, MION and a baseline JOKERi.

Got a round in with the Jokeri today and used it as much as possible which means I did everything but throw annys with them. Really nice flight when thrown nose neutral or nose down. It was windy out today and the premium Jokeri had no problems fighting through the wind and holding the hyzer. I hit some trees with the baseline one pretty hard due to some grip lock issues and it stood up fine to the hits with little or no deforming. Paired the two jokeri with an XD and had a great putter line up today.

Putting with it I didn't really notice a lack of glide or anything. I have a more spin oriented putt and the Jokeri is perfect for my spin putt.

I don't really see the lack of glide either... Put a good spin on the thing (it loves spin) and it glides about as good as anything. Push putting it actually glided better than my Wizard today.

jubuttib said:
I don't really see the lack of glide either... Put a good spin on the thing (it loves spin) and it glides about as good as anything. Push putting it actually glided better than my Wizard today.

I'm glad to hear this. The lack of glide thing is a big turnoff for me. I want discs to teach me how to control a flying object. Not just force my arm to adjust how hard I have to chuck something before it falls out of the air.