• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

I like to think of it as Innovas way of thanking their dealers. We buy loads of plastic from them every year and resell it for the prices you see on the market then when the market dictates a higher price on something we follow suit. Us at Pandamonium have charged $25 at the highest and $15 at the lowest for these rocs. We are here to make money but not make ourselves look bad doing it.

I don't think buying four is unreasonable, I have 2 I throw and 2 back ups, I would hate to love one and misplace one and have to fork up more than what I originally paid, now on the other hand if you look at what the "dg guy or disc golf guy" is doing I think it is wrong. he sold the first one on eBay for over 100 dollars and shows off stacks if these, over 100 he says and he talks about storing them away for future profit. I have no problem with people doin this but there is no reason to rub in into everyone's faces when people can't get them for a reasonable price. I used to respect dg guy and now I have no respect for him and will never buy a disc from him. he is a good ambassador for the sport but this is what is wrong with the sport, ppl tryin to get rich off of it. it is sad and I am sure not everyone will agree with me, especially terry

^^^ Are you talking about Terry Miller? That Disc Golf Guy?

IMO, these types of disc releases bring out the worst in people, and the love of money is the root of it all.

I'm happy with my Axis, and Vector. Forget the Roc.

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.
Carry on Roc fans....

This is just my opinion based on nothing anyone told me:

I think one thing that makes these discs special is the blend of champion plastic they're made from.

This is just my opinion based on nothing anyone told me:

I think one thing that makes these discs special is the blend of champion plastic they're made from.

Thats pretty much the new champ. The MD2, Beasts, FB, FD... are all coming out in the clear, stiff champ and i expect more molds to be released in it

Thats pretty much the new champ. The MD2, Beasts, FB, FD... are all coming out in the clear, stiff champ and i expect more molds to be released in it

I've been buying Beasts in this plastic and love them. I also thought it was the same blend as those. Those Beasts are stiff and flat.

I am throwing mine so I'm not trying to "profit" off of them. I've bought and sold on here for years (over 400 transactions) and one thing I'm certain I haven't done is "make money." I have way more invested in disc golf than I have made a profit on.

I am really impressed with its flight, so what do I do when I like a disc that I plan to throw? Get a reasonable number of backups.

In fact, I don't really think it was hard to get these. Seems like they were everywhere online. I bought all of mine from a local seller. I suppose if you're living in a rural area with one course and no one sells discs there, then getting one in person might have been hard. But, if you can get online and post in this thread, there were a TON of opportunities to get one. In fact, they're still selling in the marketplace for $20-$35 a piece.

So, I'm not sure what's more sad: Pleasuring yourself on a stack of new protos or whining on here because you can't pull the trigger on one. They are literally everywhere.

I'm still looking for a black max weight at a decent price is anyone has one.

Good luck! Not sure what you consider a good price, but I bet you won't find one for under $50. I've run across quite a few people with these and couldn't trade 2 max weights for one....

And the people who say they aren't all over is crazy. I bought some with the sole intent of reselling to make a few bucks (You make it seem like people are making millions!!). I wanted to sell enough so that I could keep a couple for free. I was fighting tooth and nail for sales because the market was flooded and if you think otherwise, you haven't been watching the Marketplace for the last couple days.

And not being able to find 180 is hogwash. I got 9 of them at 180, paid $14 for two, $15 for two and $17 for two others. They were not hard to find at good prices and weights. I know because I did it and I am no dealer.

And not being able to find 180 is hogwash. I got 9 of them at 180, paid $14 for two, $15 for two and $17 for two others. They were not hard to find at good prices and weights. I know because I did it and I am no dealer.

Agreed Jay Dub! Does anyone have the link that goes to the innova dealer page with the big bird Roc on it. I was on there yesterday but can't seem to get back.

I planned on being able to get a couple of max weight flats from gggt, since I was one of the first preorders. So I missed a variety of opportunities while still banking on gggt. But once I realized what was gonna happen I had no problem finding two at a reasonable price on the marketplace. All depends on what you are looking for (color wasn't my main concern) and what you consider a reasonable price. I just wanted to pick up a couple throwers without having to wait til february. These will be in my bag for a long time.

^^^^^^^^^
I was in the same boat as you. A forum member hooked me up with two shipped for 50$.
Thanks bikinjack

Well congratulations on being awesome and having nine 180g Champion Roc 3s. But if you really think that 180g RC3s(that aren't price gouged by resellers)are easy to come by right now then you are delusional. Your experience is not what the majority of people are experiencing right now.