• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

Geez, market is flooded and there's lots of hype. Once the hype switches to the big birds, my guess is that the star-stamped should easy to find at reasonable prices.

And not being able to find 180 is hogwash. I got 9 of them at 180, paid $14 for two, $15 for two and $17 for two others. They were not hard to find at good prices and weights. I know because I did it and I am no dealer.

U are a wizard then. Out of the 50 we got only about 6-8 were max weight. Definitely hard to find.

I threw one today and they are different, or seem different because of the plastic. On a couple shots it seemed as though it was just hanging in mid air and not going forward. It was a great straight thrower and one time with this noodle arm of mine I out drove my blizzard Dominator.

I want to try a lighter weight.

I planned on being able to get a couple of max weight flats from gggt, since I was one of the first preorders. So I missed a variety of opportunities while still banking on gggt. But once I realized what was gonna happen I had no problem finding two at a reasonable price on the marketplace. All depends on what you are looking for (color wasn't my main concern) and what you consider a reasonable price. I just wanted to pick up a couple throwers without having to wait til february. These will be in my bag for a long time.

I am in the same boat. I still havent heard from gggt so Im assuming I'm SOL. They have my money though so something will happen. I have called and was told they would get back to me when my order is up....

But once I realized I wasnt gonna get what I wanted from gggt, I went to the MP and got one, max weight, at a good price. Color wasnt important to me. I hopeully have 2 more on the way, at a good price, and I just ordered Friday I think.

To sum it up, max weights were there to be had, you just had to keep an eye on the MP or keep an eye on retailers to see when they went up. It was work but I got one of what I wanted and got 2 more hopefully.

^^^^^^^^^
I was in the same boat as you. A forum member hooked me up with two shipped for 50$.
Thanks bikinjack

You're welcome. And I've got a few more that I plan on putting up in the marketplace real soon, unless I sell them otherwise first.

Ill4mation, I'm just guessing the next 25 people on gggt's list will be getting big birds, maybe you'll be that lucky. :)

I don't think these could be overhyped.

I am in the same boat. I still havent heard from gggt so Im assuming I'm SOL. They have my money though so something will happen. I have called and was told they would get back to me when my order is up....

But once I realized I wasnt gonna get what I wanted from gggt, I went to the MP and got one, max weight, at a good price. Color wasnt important to me. I hopeully have 2 more on the way, at a good price, and I just ordered Friday I think.

To sum it up, max weights were there to be had, you just had to keep an eye on the MP or keep an eye on retailers to see when they went up. It was work but I got one of what I wanted and got 2 more hopefully.

GGGT called me yesterday. Apparently, they were under impression that they would get 200 but only got 50. Looks like I can get a couple big birds, so I'll let my money ride and hope that happens. I've dealt with GGGT in the past and it was always good, so I'm gonna give them benefit of the doubt.

GGGT called me yesterday. Apparently, they were under impression that they would get 200 but only got 50. Looks like I can get a couple big birds, so I'll let my money ride and hope that happens. I've dealt with GGGT in the past and it was always good, so I'm gonna give them benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I talked to them on Friday and was told "the story" of what happened. Im giving the benefit of the doubt too and hopefully I will be lucky enough to get put on "the list" for a Big Bird (or 2, thats how many Protos I preordered) but Im not getting my hopes up. If I dont make the list for a BB I'll just get my money back and save it for later.

Thats really my only complaint so far. The fact that they have had my money since the 6th (I paid with paypal) with no communication OTHER than ME calling THEM. Ill wait and see what happens I guess....

anyone want to tell me the story about how "root beer" became a desirable color for a golf disc?

I know it'll be amusing, so I was hoping someone could tell me...

I love root beer floats.

(now some one will claim they heard the root beer rocs will float.) ;)

Well congratulations on being awesome and having nine 180g Champion Roc 3s. But if you really think that 180g RC3s(that aren't price gouged by resellers)are easy to come by right now then you are delusional. Your experience is not what the majority of people are experiencing right now.

You say the experience you are having right now....thats because you are a little late :) These were selling like crazy, on Friday especially!

Oh yeah and I just saw this posted on another site. Not sure how much better of a deal you are looking to get.... just saying : Roc3 Max Weight Oil Slick Stamp. $29 shipped

Last edited:
I have been trying to get one since the day they were released. I couldn't get in on any presales from the retailers I shop at, Sun King was out of 180's by the time I called, and Marshall St. only had light ones by the time I got to the page(I was sitting around refreshing the page every couple minutes too). I was trying to get them through retailers because somebody else wanted to buy it for me for Christmas. I will eventually get one through a trade or when they release the stock stamped ones in February so I'm not too worried about it :)

Last edited:
Question about the big bird rc3 rocs? They are available to retailerz today correct? So we should expect to be able to buy them on Thursday or Friday? Or do I have to be ready to snipe some today

Question about the big bird rc3 rocs? They are available to retailerz today correct? So we should expect to be able to buy them on Thursday or Friday? Or do I have to be ready to snipe some today

Great question! Plus, am I correct to be under the assumption that dealers could order an additional 50 of the protos from Innova last week, or are all of the protos already distributed?

I was thinking that the retailers might be getting a second wave this week.

Thanks