• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pure(ly) awesome

DiscSniper said:
jubuttib said:
Molding issues.

Elaborate? I was perfectly happy with the molds in EZE. I guess this same combo was had when they discontinued Zero too...
From their web page:
There has been some experimenting on our plastics during 2012 as some of you might have noticed. Our putter plastic Zero Line was replaced by Eze Line early in the year. The reason for this was mainly to be able to produce drivers and midranges in the same material we use for putters. Looking back at the season that is now ending, we have decided to go back to Zero Line because we were not satisfied with the final results. In 2013 we will offer Zero line putters in two degrees of stiffness, Zero Hard and Zero Soft. This is something we did in our early history and have received requests to do again.
I'm guessing too many x-outs.

Yeah, i have a new and used EZE pure and they def. loose some tack over time. Mine isn't slick but does not feel the same as before.

Speaking of OOP plastic who has some grip line pures they would be willing to part with?

EZE might lose some tack, but these two new Zero line putters are no good for me. One is too hard and slick, one is too floppy and soft.

zeike524 said:
Speaking of OOP plastic who has some grip line pures they would be willing to part with?

I'll sell mine for £100 each (that's GBP not USD). :twisted:

EZE Pures start off slick feeling. you have to give them some love before they gain tactility.

I now am very interested in these ZH Pures.

That's insane. I love the pure, but I just can't bring myself to pay that kind of money for a couple of putters.

It makes me want to switch to a more mainstream brand like discraft that I know I can rely on to produce a consistent product from year to year.

Wizards are the same way. I can order a SSS that shows up hard as a rock and the next one comes nice and grippy.

DiscSniper said:
It makes me want to switch to a more mainstream brand like discraft that I know I can rely on to produce a consistent product from year to year.
HAH!

jubuttib said:
DiscSniper said:
HAH!

Ok, maybe I just think that's the case. I know nothing, I do this for fun...

Just bought two zero hard pures at 175. Love how straight they are! They are very flat so I am curious if this mold mutates into domier versions in opto and the recycled gold lines and what effects it has on flight. I'd like to putt with one, drive with one to break into more flippy and pick up a premium one to drive with that's closer to the way these fly right now.

Pics!
upy4e6u2.jpg

tjh0188 said:

They look glossy in the pic, how do they compare to the now discontinued EZE line? I have four Pures in that plastic and love it. Really chalky and consistent in the weather. My EZEs vary between orange and yellow as far as the flight plate shape goes, all my yellows are flat and my orange is domey. I have two zero soft Pures that are both flat.

tjh0188 said:
Just bought two zero hard pures at 175. Love how straight they are! They are very flat so I am curious if this mold mutates into domier versions in opto and the recycled gold lines and what effects it has on flight. I'd like to putt with one, drive with one to break into more flippy and pick up a premium one to drive with that's closer to the way these fly right now.
Both Opto and RGL Pures have higher shoulder than Zero Pures, so they do feel a bit different, and they also fly more stable. The extra stability makes the Opto Pure a great driving putter, and I've read the RGL can be even more stable (and domier) than Opto, but I haven't thrown them personally. I personally use Optos for driving and the old Zero for putting, and I have one Zero Soft that's pretty nice for turnovers (it's quite warped :p).

vto said:
tjh0188 said:
Both Opto and RGL Pures have higher shoulder than Zero Pures, so they do feel a bit different, and they also fly more stable. The extra stability makes the Opto Pure a great driving putter, and I've read the RGL can be even more stable (and domier) than Opto, but I haven't thrown them personally. I personally use Optos for driving and the old Zero for putting, and I have one Zero Soft that's pretty nice for turnovers (it's quite warped :p).

I throw the exact same setup - Opto for straight drives, beat Zero for turnovers, and Zero for putts. I pair it with a slightly gummy, flat Champ Ryno for wind and forehand shots.

I'd also agree with the shoulders of Opto being higher than Zero. You hit the nail on the head.

aerodriver said:
tjh0188 said:
They look glossy in the pic, how do they compare to the now discontinued EZE line? I have four Pures in that plastic and love it. Really chalky and consistent in the weather. My EZEs vary between orange and yellow as far as the flight plate shape goes, all my yellows are flat and my orange is domey. I have two zero soft Pures that are both flat.

I have never felt an eze pure so i cannot compare to it, however they are a bit glossy to the eye but very rubbery feeling. seems to get small knicks fairly easily. maybe a tiny bit worse than SS wizards. I deflashed the red one the other night and took it out today. a tad bit closer to the turnover stability i like....

I got an Opto today. Used it in a small bag that had only one mid, so I was forced to use it for all short stuff. Wow. I can see this being my main approach disc. The only real adjustment I have to make is range. This thing just goes.

PMantle said:
I got an Opto today. Used it in a small bag that had only one mid, so I was forced to use it for all short stuff. Wow. I can see this being my main approach disc. The only real adjustment I have to make is range. This thing just goes.

I drove my EZE Pure 250' on a hyzer line at my local course to put it within ten feet of the basket. It's very predictable on all lines and really doesn't mind extra power at all.