• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Poll

The people want to know, or atleast i do

• Wizard

Votes: 68 33.7%
  • Other

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
i'm guessing your starting this because of the challenger thread, i would put in more options, this is kind of general like maybe

Challenger, magnet, wizard, voodoo, banger gt, blowfly, aviar, rhyno, zone etc....

i voted other....for now

was wizard, been using the summit for 4 rounds now. seems like its working. If it wasnt gonna be summit, it would be wizards.

Pat,
What do you think of the VP and do you have any to trade off? :)

Mickas,
I did the 2 options because that is what was in question.

i didn't mean to come off in a dictating manor, thank you for setting up the poll though, it will be fun to see what everyone uses

as for me its the esp banger gt

Ironhide said:
marmoset said:
Aviar P'n'A for right now

x2

X3
Mine looks like this (the center is a disc golf basket)

GEN004_graphic.jpg

Since I got the VP, its only been out of the bag for a week. Right now I carry a VP for overstable slot, a wizard for straight, and the Summit for turnover or left-to-right approaches.

Im still trying to beat one to go straight. I think once I can do that, the wizard might be gone, and if it becomes flippy (4 years from now?) then it might be adios to the summit.

I use it for headwind putts and approaches, and its a great putter to flick. And sorry I have none to part with.

black D Challenger with the 2006 Brent Hambrick Memorial stamp for putts inside 40'
white D Challenger for annys and longer airbouncey type shots

Right now I am using challengers for my putting and short approaches
I still use a Banger for drives off the tee, I find it to be longer and straighter than the challenger.

I have never tried a Wizard, I am tempted though.

JHBlader86 said:
It's 1 disc against dozens of others. I dont think the Wizard can pull through.
This is dave proving the point that Wizards won't make it to 85%. 50% is a still lot of Wizard love though.

Not proving a point, that statement just got me wondering. 50% is impressive with all the stellar putter molds out there. Its in my top 3

VP, 10x Aviar, M Wiz

Eric O said:
JHBlader86 said:
It's 1 disc against dozens of others. I dont think the Wizard can pull through.
This is dave proving the point that Wizards won't make it to 85%. 50% is a still lot of Wizard love though.

I didn't pour over DGR threads and do hours of research, I basically pulled that % out of my ass. However I stand by that it is an educated guess. 3 years ago if you posted this poll(hell i think there is probably one floating around) I bet 60% of people would go wizard.

Right now I've noticed a trend that people are starting to throw putters other than the Wizard. Or perhaps there has just been an influx of people registering that haven't tried a wizard out or something - I don't know. We all know the Wizard is far and away the most suggested putter on here by a long shot, that is all I was trying to say. Not start a debate and split hairs. Perhaps I went a little high to drive home the point. 8)

Get off my ass. :lol: :mrgreen:

Latest posts