• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ricky Wysocki gets t-boned in OK

From his Facebook

Just had the worst experience of my life. Driving down the road and out of nowhere get tboned by a semi truck who ran a yellow light! I am just as upset as I am happy that I didn't get permanently injured or dead! I am currently in a hotel room while my life (car ) is at the scrapyard! Somehow every airbag In the car went off and I didn't suffer anything worse then minor cuts and whiplash! I want to thank the man upstairs for it being the only explanation as to how I didn't get seriously injured! If anyone near Roland, OK can help that'd be great pm your number!

Glad he is alright but he should have starting playing up that whiplash and that he'll lose income due to the crash. Sue baby sue.

a yellow light....?

Same thing jumped out at me. Only thing I can picture in that case is Ricky making a left hand turn trying to beat the light himself and the truck was trying to do the same going straight through from the other direction. That would mean Ricky essentially cut the truck off. Doesn't really jive with the "out of nowhere" part of the story. Hopefully it was a typo and he meant to write that the truck ran a red light.

Same thing jumped out at me. Only thing I can picture in that case is Ricky making a left hand turn trying to beat the light himself and the truck was trying to do the same going straight through from the other direction. That would mean Ricky essentially cut the truck off. Doesn't really jive with the "out of nowhere" part of the story. Hopefully it was a typo and he meant to write that the truck ran a red light.

yeah, same thing I was thinking.

So Ricky is living right under the guy who constructed the airbags for his car? what a coincidence :D

So Ricky is living right under the guy who constructed the airbags for his car? what a coincidence :D

Thank the engineers who designed a good car and fast airbags. Pretty sure those guys have more to do with your safety than anyone else in this scenario.

Hopefully it ends up that it wasn't his fault. Accidents happen and you can't fault someone too much for making a mistake, but his life will be much easier in getting everything taken care of if it turns out that he wasn't the at fault driver. I'm glad to hear he seems okay though. Im crossing my fingers that this doesn't lead to any injuries that hinder him on the course.

Very few motor vehicle collisions are true "accidents." Not sure if Ricky is at fault here, but I'm glad he's OK. Hopefully he was taken to a hospital and was cleared by a physician.

One never knows what might happen on the road, so this should be a reminder to all of us to try and stay safe out there.

Even if he did go to a hospital, injuries from a car accident sometimes don't show up for days due to the adrenaline that is getting pumped at enormous levels throughout the body. We'll have to let time see if anything shows up. But due to his young age and decent physical stature, most likely he'll bounce right back.

the "ran a yellow light" part sounds weird ... but glad he seems to be ok overall :thmbup:

dKnxnW2.jpg

SNS0G6S.jpg

TIEeBnh.jpg

Based on those photos, I'll have to amend my "running a yellow light" theory to Ricky was turning right, presumably on red, and the truck hit him trying to get through the intersection ahead of the turning light. That scenario would still arguably put Ricky at fault.

Either way, I hope he is okay (he did mention whiplash, which can last a while) and can get back on the course soon. He's extremely fortunate to, apparently, get hit on the driver's side like that and get away with such minimal damage to himself.

He's extremely fortunate to, apparently, get hit on the driver's side like that and get away with such minimal damage to himself.

With no apparent (or very little) intrusion, extremely fortunate is an understatement.

Wow, he's almost as lucky as I was when I crashed front to front on my bicycle against a car. TBoned by a semi in the drivers side. Unreal

Yeah he would be at fault if he was turning right on red and the semi was going through the intersection as it was turning yellow.