• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ricky Wysocki gets t-boned in OK

Learn from others. Don't post your version of potential legal issues on social media. Everyone in the room caught the "yellow light" comment.

I hope he recovers quickly with no damage other than needing a new vehicle.

I drive an 18 wheeler for a living. Even though it may be (looks like it) Ricky's fault, if he gets a good lawyer that is willing to put in the work, Ricky should get a settlement from the trucker's insurance company that doesn't want to fight over this... if he doesn't ask for too much. He should at least be able to pay the lawyer, pay his medical bills and get another car...

Same thing jumped out at me. Only thing I can picture in that case is Ricky making a left hand turn trying to beat the light himself and the truck was trying to do the same going straight through from the other direction. That would mean Ricky essentially cut the truck off. Doesn't really jive with the "out of nowhere" part of the story. Hopefully it was a typo and he meant to write that the truck ran a red light.

It could be the opposite. Ricky was going straight and the truck was taking a left hitting him on the left side of his car.

Last edited:
Not sure on the insurance laws in OK, but some states no longer assign fault to auto accidents to prevent insurance fraud, so as far as he is concerned it may not matter. Hope he has good insurance and can bounce back quickly.

For this and other all too obvious reasons, I steer clear of 18 wheelers as much as possible.

Yeah, car vs. semi...guessing semis are undefeated.

Definitely. When I was in college I was rear ended by a semi. I was sitting still, he was going ~45-50ish. I had an old grandpa mobile (huge oldsmobile). My car was literally 3 feet shorter. Everything behind the rear axle was over the rear axle. And the semi.......he bent his bumper a little. Stupid physics.

This one time, I was stopped at a red light. It was an old-timey light, so there wasn't any delay on the directions -- at the moment one direction turns red, the other turns green. So anyway, when my light went green, I hammered it without really looking at the cross traffic (which was dumb). As it turns out, some guy was coming from my left --- I guess you could say he was attempting to beat a yellow light. It probably turned red before he entered the intersection, so technically running a red, but he had committed on yellow, so you might say "running a yellow". My left front hit his right front. Or his right front hit my left front. Either way.

It's illegal to run the yellow light unless stopping on yellow is somehow dangerous. It's pretty easy to be upset about if someone runs it from beyond 100 feet.

Last edited:
It's illegal to run the yellow light unless stopping on yellow is somehow dangerous. It's pretty easy to be upset about if someone runs it from beyond 100 feet.

Not in Oklahoma where the accident occurred, so this is simply incorrect. And as noted with flashing yellow, when the light is yellow, traffic on the crossing street should be facing a red light. I've been involved in more disputes over automobile accidents that I can count, and I have never heard the claim that the other driver "ran" a yellow light. This is probably because it is an admission that the speaker ran a red light.